Saturday, April 25, 2020

bright/light blue log cabins and color study

welcome to this week's sewing round up!
Like most responsible sew-ists I made masks this week including a uni of VA one for DH (his undergraduate alma mater) Now on with the show!
11" X 12 "
this little lady was the HST color study done with 64 teensy leftovers from doing the lozenge blocks in bright blues
I do not measure them, they are the cut offs from lozenge blocks. I try to use them in some new way each month.
 This time I sewed the tiny 1" blocks to each other to form one flying geese block then looked through my box of parts.I found the little screen print of a mucha female artist (I've owned this at least 20 years waiting for a good project to use it in)
I quilted it in hologram mylar thread for sparkle, then pulled out the seed bead box, and some pretty floral sequins to add some bling!




















Then I turned my sights to the pile of little blue scraps to make some improv log cabin blocks.
Whee! Make a mess!
each block is around 7"
Perfect mindless sewing for Friday. Don't worry, just keep sewing! It'll all come together when all the RSC color challenge for the year is over. Imagine all the colors interacting on the design wall!!!
meanwhile I get to look at little bits of cute motifs as I sew... dogs running!
Poodles, and dachshunds and
bees.... OH MY!

LINKING TO
off the wall Fridays
can I get a whoop whoop Fridays  
wendysquiltsandmore peacock party (quilts)
tgiffriday
http://www.inquiringquilter.com/ Wednesday wait loss
Midweek makers wednesdays
design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays
blue mondays
oh Scrap Sundays 
 scrap happy Saturdays
https://www.mmmquilts.com/2020/04/dreami-39.html

20 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

It looks like you had some BIG fun with your little Light/Bright BLUE scraps this week. LOVE your color study, LeeAnna! Good for you on giving that screen print a proper home.

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
It's great when fabrics come together to create an amazing piece of art ! Love how she turned out! Glad you included the dimensions ! miss your finger in the picture though :)
Fun log cabins!
hugs,
Joanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your lady with the HST borders is wonderful! I like everything about it, but had to look closer at all her details, and then at those pieces you used in the two corners. They make the borders look like fanciful trees!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Ahhhhh, beautiful blue!

PaintedThread said...

Look at all those little beads! Love your blue lady and your blue log cabins.

MissPat said...

Your blue lady is amazing. Doesn't it feel good to make use of something you've kept for years, just waiting for the right time?
Pat

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What a work of art you made from these fabrics. I really like shades of blue. The last one with the blocks is also beautiful .. you are so creative!
Greetings Elke

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

That female piece is just stunning!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great use of all those blue scraps. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Sandra Walker said...

I read this on my laptop last week and I love what you’ve done. I can’t comment there once again, so annoying. I love the log cabin improv blocks too, just such fun. Thank you so much for linking up with DrEAMi!

sonja said...

Lee Anna, is this your blue period?
Alphonse Mucha so loved to paint ladies. back in one of my days,i collected his post cards (i worked in a gift shop at the time) especially liked the 4 seasons ones. thanks for posting your adventures in fabric isolation.

Ann said...

Clever you to make those teeny scraps into a wonderful border for your beautiful painting. Mylar thread and beads really make her shine. Blue may be my favorite color. Well, every color is but they certainly look great here. I'm glad you're having fun with art as well as mask making.

Jeanna said...

I can see poodles and dachshunds living together in harmony, but not the bees, never the bees. Glad to see you're busy and living in organized chaos as am I. Kisses to my two-treat cyber pal, Milo.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Mindless sewing? Have you ever accidentally stitched your finger?

LA Paylor said...

not THAT mindless lol!
I should call it "plan-less" sewing
L.A.

Angela said...

I love your blue lady!

Susan said...

Love that lady piece!

Rebecca Grace said...

What a fabulous use of the Mucha print fabric! WOW, this piece is stunning! I'd say that you waited and held onto that fabric until you came up with the PERFECT project for it! This is gorgeous!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

What a shower of blue! That blue print is so lovely sounded by flying geese! And those log cabins are adorable. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss

Shannon Mackle said...

I was treated of this deadly disease within a 2 week, I am now free from Herpes. You can contact him …………….robinsonbuckler11@ {{gmail}} com,,