Thursday, April 30, 2020

I Like Thursday #191

flamingo writing pen and a poodle pin cushion
Welcome to this week's list of likes...

I love my llama tissue holder... it's a small thing that brings me happiness on just looking at it. (I keep refilling it from a plain tissue box)

... just hearing the voice of friends makes me feel less lonely and more able to face life.I liked talking to some of my friends on the phone this week.

I like knowing Monika for many reasons and she is knowledgeable about the healing power of oils too. She sells some mistures and dog stuff too.

I like the mask pattern Mary sent me as it fits better than the ones with pleats (her link no longer works, sorry but this one is like it https://www.prettyhandygirl.com/best-fit-facemask/) I especially like the chords (shoelaces) and pony bead set up.
Look I'm a princess!
 the pink scrap has been hanging around for a long time! Also I like that masks help with pollen, and keep the sun off my face! Win win win!

I like how my latest tiny art quilt came out! Post here


I like that today is the last day of April....  it's been a difficult month... go in peace...

I like that I can basically cut my own hair. Like any skill, I watched experts and learned


(I love that there are experts in any field. I am not threatened by them, I know that NO ONE can know everything, and there  are knowledgeable people there to inform me! That's a great thing about respecting people and living in a society.... everyone brings something different to the table!)

I like the tv show Songland.... three experts in field of music production, a performance artist, and new song writers get together to choose a song for the artist to perform. All three experts listen to all new songs, three songs are chosen and the songwriters allow the experts to guide them into improving their presentation.

The new songwriters  don't bluster and brag and make fun of anyone who challenges them, they welcome the challenge to improve.

Best yet is that each expert supports the others. They applaud the new rendition and tell what they like about it even though it is not "their writer" and let the artist choose the song right for them.

Then the artist acknowledges that all the songs are good... all are appropriate but one is chosen to produce at this time.
Miraculously then the songwriters in competition then congratulate the winner, with good hearts and generosity of spirit. They know if they keep writing they will one day find an artist to produce their work.They seem to realize it's just one competition in life. Nice!

I like that I pointed out a shirt in the Lands end catalogue and dh ordered it for himself... heh heh who doesn't love an armadillo?
I like that he can work from home two days a week, and today's the day so I get to see the armadillos when he pokes his head out of the cave for lunch!


I found this easy way to make english muffins on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpQYpq5isH4
Of course it's not easy to find instant yeast... we've had none on shelves for months now. Our grocery shelves remain basically empty of many items one wants. Now our meat options will be quite limited in CO because owners didn't take the infection crisis seriously and a great number of their employees got sick.

I love this new to me woman.... she's reminds me of the creative types I knew while acting in my 20's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMF6pIglmmk

Milo's Moments

I hate it when Mama barks!
I will just let the family know, in a NORMAL tone of voice, that there is potential danger outside the door, then Mama barks in her shrill voice, "MILO! stop barking!" Oy her voice is SO LOUD!
Or she makes that annoying Shhhhhh! noise. It's enough to put a poodle in a home for the very very nervous.
I've been hittin' the bottle..... don't judge!
I liked having Daddy home some this week, although I used to know what days he went for a rideinnacar but now it's weird. He goes into his cave, shuts the door, and I can't get to him to remind him to go outside and play ball.

I just don't know! People! Who can understand them?

Oh and my "ice cream" has started tasting like yogurt all of a sudden! Did you notice that?
(editors note: Milo's ears are yeasty again, and we are hoping yogurt will help balance his system)
Milo: See!!! it's a conspiracy against sugar! I knew it! Help! My people are keeping me away from sugar! It's against the laws of nature! Attica! Attica!

Mama: Oh Milo, stand down.... we love you and want you healthy! You don't know what's good for you all the time.
Milo: oh, well, I do remember Daddy picking me up once and carrying me across the street, and I hated that so much I started biting the leash.
Mama: that was to keep you from walking on broken glass.
Milo: well you took away my rights to walk at that moment!!!  You penned my legs close to the daddy.

Mama: you're welcome, just doing my job of keeping you safe darling. Want a treat?
Milo: always

now sit! stay! visit these peeps and see their lists of likes this week!

https://faithtrustandbreastcancer.blogspot.com/
https://quiltschmilt.wordpress.com 
craftscaviescontras 
  https://whataboutrheema.blogspot.com/
http://littlepenguinquilts 
http://homesewnbyus 
https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/
 
  maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com 

http://imworkingonaproject.blogspot.com/
http://3poodlesandanana.blogspot.com  
  http://www.piecefulthoughts.com
https://www.mmmquilts.com/

https://knittingquilter.blogspot.com/    
https://scrapatches.blogspot.com/      
 https://lavenderdreamstoo.blogspot.com/  
daybyday12101.blogspot.com/ 
https://100sweets.blogspot.com/

LINKING TO 
cheesy photos at ched curtain
Pink Saturday!
 http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/
Thursday Thirteen
http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/
https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ 

24 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we are gladd too that this month is over now... tonight is walpurgis night, where da witches are around... but this year no stacks and fires... just the memory how it was once...

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love English muffins - I'm going to have to watch that video! Drew's new shirt is pretty neat - I didn't realize those were armadillos until I looked in a little closer. Milo and all the other furry friends must be a bit confused about why their people are staying home so much!

Sara said...

The husband's new shirt is pretty sharp! April has been endless and I find myself wondering what May will bring as our state has begun the "back to normal" plan of our governor. In our small city, the mayor opened up most businesses yesterday. Except for municipal places like the library. But since it's next to impossible to get tested here our numbers won't go up, right? Guess I'm being cynical this morning.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh I like your tissue holder too and the very cute mask you made. I struggled making mine so I would need a different pattern to make any more. Take care and have a good day my friend!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh so good to read and end with Milo's bit that always puts a smile on my face. I've noticed llama's cropping up on things and also cacti. Interesting.
Daughter Beth is working from home and has a Do Not Disturb sign on the office door...6 year old Robbie said, you know what disturbs me? That Do Not Disturb sign.
Yes, interesting and disturbing times, to use that word again.

LA Paylor said...

hide the illness rate... ain't that a sorry state of affairs! try to stay safe Sara and other smart people will too.

Southern Sunflowers said...

Cute llama tissue box! What a fun novelty armadillo shirt!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Look at that nice list of fellow likers. It's getting a little longer each week, and I love that! That's a great idea to hang on to the llama tissue box. It seems like you need to make a simple cover to go over those boxes. I have a cover made from plastic with angels on it, but a fabric one would be pretty easy. You could make two sides with llamas and the other two flamingos or whatever you wanted! That sounds right up your alley to me - and you'll be a trendsetter. Now I'm wondering why the heck I didn't think of that and do it?!! Thanks for sharing the English Muffin video. I just picked some up at the grocery store - and they were actually available!! Next time, maybe I'll try making them myself. COOL. Your sweet Milo can't quite figure out what's going on. Milo, you just keep on keeping them safe! That is your job, after all. ~smile~ Roseanne

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Really like hubby's shirt and Milo seems to find all this at home stuff very confusing. Have a great day!

Mary in Boulder said...

Great use of that princess fabric! I see that Disney is selling Disney character masks, including princess ones, and donating the profits. Clearly we're all needing a "wardrobe" of masks!

Meditations in Motion said...

I love those armadillos too. Wonder if I could get hubby to wear an armadillo shirt! :) Those English muffins look yummy. I can sometimes get yeast. I wonder if I could adapt the recipe for sourdough starter, rather than yeast. That, I have plenty of.

Michelle Keltner said...

I am a huge fan of llamas. I don't know why, either. I have been wanting to get one for our small farm and my husband thinks I am crazy. Thanks for linking up.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the shirt. Obviously you and I were thinking on the same wave length. I had llamas too. Great mask, the English Muffins look yummy. Can't get anything past you Milo.

CountryDew said...

A very busy Thursday!

Miaismine said...

Thank you for hosting! Your writing always makes me smile - Milo's as well! "He" should write a book!

That shirt is so cool! Hmmm...maybe when dh gets tired of it, it will make its way into a quilt.... :)

colleen said...

I like that we have a freezer full of venison. Talking on the phone has been a whole activity. Watching the birds is my job. Love that home/work shirt.

piecefulwendy said...

A friend of mine was just talking about Songland today; I need to check it out. You need a llama quilt to match your llama tissue holder!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I wish you could give my a little hair trim! This month has definitely not been the best month! Let's hope May is better. Love your art quilt! You are one talented lady!

PaintedThread said...

Love that tissue holder! And the princess mask is a hoot. I'm hording my yeast. I'm thrilled I managed to find whole-wheat white flour. yay! Armadillo shirt - excellent!

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
I'm visiting today via Canadian Needle Nana !
It's May! That means all those new fun blocks of the month!
like Bloom at https://www.moosestashquilting.com/
Like how you decorate your house with fun colorful stuff!
hugs,
Joanne

Michele McLaughlin said...

Your stash of happy things always brings a smile to my face! I love your new art quilt and the border works so well! Milo, I hope your ears are better soon! Yikes on Yeast! Have a great day!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

The real beauty in life are the little things; they produce some of the best smiles in our hearts and are worthy of more daily recognition. You're too sweet; thank you for the shout out. Hope Milo gets some ear relief soon. Hugs and tail wags.

Angie said...

LA - I can see why you like that llama - it brings a smile to my face just looking at it! I will have to check out the show Songland - I like anything that has to do with music (well, except for The Voice). Hope May is a better month for you!

Angela Alex said...

My name is Angelo Alex I was tested HIV/Herpes positive and I was so worried am I going to die soon. I made my search on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimonies on how Dr James  Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, and other diseases like,Yeast infection, Rectum  effects, intestine damage, bowel obstruction, Ovarian disease,  Cancer, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, Arthritis, Lyme disease,Hpv, Infections,Liver Disease, Autoimmune Diseases, Parkinson's disease,Lupus,Nephrology and Hypertension, Neurology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health, Oncology, Pediatrics, Pulmonary, ACUTE MYELOFIBROSIS, ALZHEIMER's symptoms, BREAST CANCER, DIABETES, HAIR LOSS AND HAIR TREATMENT, KIDNEY DISEASES, LEUKEMIA, MYELOID LEUKEMIA, STEM CELL TREATMENT   On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr James As a man with Good Heart, I picked interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I received His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 weeks of drinking his medicine, I went for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small fraction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348152855846,Email...drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com