|see his little pom pom?|
I took the whole month to play, and design in order to make a bedside table topper to use through the cold months. Now I might have to hang it up, it came out so cute!!! The geese are my own idea and I've used them a lot recently. Improv pieced, tiny scraps this time from the Christmas quilt. I set them in strips of snowy fabric to go into the whole
It grew from the snowman block, little by little until it was basically the right size.
I quilted it in silver metallic thread and in person the snow fabric glistens!
It finishes at 16" tall X 19" wide and I allowed myself to use some precious snowy red fabric for the binding! The backing was a snowy fabric
pretty on it's own right?
The stay at home round robin prompt for this week was to add diamonds. I searched the internet for ideas of how to incorporate diamond shape in my "glam-ingo" and since I only had one week to come up with an idea make it and post it, I discarded my more elaborate exciting ideas.
I started with a size of diamond that would suit the small center...cut it from paper as the lines on my template are difficult to see, and decided to do a "watercolor" effect with pretty fabrics
I cut one from most, and three from the watery stripe near the bottom. I knew they would blend together to look like a pond
First move the shells to the side then start placing the diamonds on the design wall til I was happy with the color movement, the light and dark. Note the silvery rock fabric to go along the water edge.
If you do not cut off dog ears, the rows become easy to align
the diamonds are sewn into a unit that will fit when the shells are sewn and attached to the center block
after finishing that deadline, I looked into doing the stitch camp embroidery lesson, but using my box of hand painted scraps...
and got lost in designing...
|two painted scraps together|