we are near the end the first month of the new year. Can you believe it?
My mantra for this year is USE IT. Use my supplies, use my ideas, use my time in a great way, use my skills, use my eyes to see and ears to hear. Read my books, play my instruments, use communication skills to reach out to others. Enjoy my magazines, write my stories, watch BBC shows that I love. Try techniques and patterns I've owned for a long time. Put into motion some ideas.
It is so overwhelming I sit down and watch TV.
(I would be mindlessly playing games on the IPAD if my eye condition were better)
You never know what you have til you lose it. I whined about my spine issues til my eye condition showed up.
In life, there are always obligations, maintenance, daily chores to do. I'm not even discussing those today.
Since retirement, I am lucky to have time to explore my creative side. Even fun stuff can be overwhelming! Can you relate?
Some of what I want
1. Read the books checked out from the library before they're due. Fiction, non fiction, quilting, knitting, beading, creativity exercises.
|some are mine, some are library!|
2. Do the creativity exercises
3. Write a story every day, or at least once a week
4. Set last year's BOM's into quilt tops
5. at least organize my UFO's if I can't seem to finish any. Know where they are.
|This is a young UFO, just needs binding sewn down!|
6. update my finished quilt list which means find the quilts not yet listed, which brings me to...
7. organize the pile of finished quilts so I can find them and are ready to show in the next lecture
|not all of the 200+ quilts to organize|
8. Pull out a stash book and use it somehow, at least one a month
9. Let go of some supplies I will never use, such as clay, because of the smells while cooking
10. Paint and draw more often...Check!
11. keep in contact with friends
12. look through my stacks of magazines, and for pete's sake, recycle them!!!
13. wash the new fabric
14. re wash the old batiks three times so I can finally use them
15. use my cool fabrics in something. No Really. USE THEM
|waiting to find a home in the stash!|
16. watch more bbc shows
17. play my ukelele again, this time with a shoulder strap
18. listen to more books on disc
19. use up that knitting yarn KNIT SOMETHING EASY
20. start a link party here at Not Afraid of Color
21. Read fun blogs, do BOM from them, and write this one!
Just a few of the fun
things I would like to do. That's not even counting lose 50 lbs, clean out the basement, find a different house, love my husband and poodle, and drink more water.
you might also like on-keeping-lists.