Tuesday, October 13, 2020

T is for Chooseday

 

If it's Tuesday, I'm linking with my friends at T is for Tuesday where we share a bit of our lives and then mention what we're drinking!

filtered water

I struggle to drink enough water here in Colorado. I liked the swirly glass, with the curvy woven table showing through that glass,  in this picture! 

We also ordered some of this because we miss New England in fall 

I made some muffins that came out dryer than my hands... but Saturday we made a coffee cake I'll describe on Thursday's "I LIke' post because it came out good! Apparently the secret is to reduce cider by half to intensify the flavor. (and add in some more liquid if you live at 6000 feet above sealevel)

As to making things...

current fabric design wall

I try to stay creative, with watercolors, drawing, fiber art and writing. Each category has a posting day so I don't want to overshare but I did try to paint this pink quartz rock this weekend, and am moderately content with how it came out.

paint party is on Friday
Just for fun...

want to see the questions of the day at    https://tuesdaysplace.blogspot.com/?

 Q:  1 You have won a trip and can choose to go to Hawaii or  Paris? Summer or winter?

A: What a hard choice, I've never been to either! Assuming both are safe from a deadly virus... 
right now I think I need the culture of  Paris in summer. After seeing the Louvre and other landmarks I'd like to tour the Loire valley chateaus, and wine growing regions, see fields of flowers, tour ancient landmarks and get to know French people a bit. 
I'd take walking tours, see lots of art, take so many pictures 
 

   Q: 2 Little dog or big dog which do you prefer? ...

A: We have always had big dogs and I love big dogs. I'd probably step on a little one, but there is value in little pups... they can sit on your lap at night, and are easier to take into hotels. I love a big dog.


   Q: 3 Which TV/book/movie character do you    identify with, and why? ...

A: none actually... I'd LIKE to identify with the ones who are lucky, and life works out perfectly for them like on a Hallmark movie. I identified a bit with Eat Pray Love when she sat on the beach and forgave herself for mistakes and human frailty. 


    Q: 4 What did you wish for last, like at your birthday or when throwing a coin into a fountain?   Christmas wish list?  Somethings that you need to buy?

A: can't tell or it won't come true! 

always wish to feel peace, for safety, for good health. For satisfaction with one's life. To be able to love and be loved. 

 

 this tree was brilliant for one day til a MASSIVE windstorm blew nearly all leaves off the tree in two hours here Sunday...but it blew the smoke away for a few hours too... and we saw stars last night for the first time in months

want to take a lovely trip with me? Yes... we all want to get away...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdjNQOvW3P4 

 

Like jigsaw puzzles? This one is fun, you can set your own amount of pieces too

https://www.jigsawexplorer.com/online-jigsaw-puzzle-player.html?puzzle_id=pumpkins-and-wheelbarrow

LINKING TO

all seasons

 

28 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

oh we hope the smoke will finally go away... how great that the wind gave you some free hours....

Molly the Airedale said...

We do love autumn in New England and we can't wait to hear all about your yummy coffee cake! Thank you for the puzzle link!

Norma Schlager said...

Thank you for that beautiful video. We are just starting to get some color here in CT. Columbus Day used to be peak, but it has moved to later dates as we experience global warming.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I absolutely LOVE how the curls of the table show through the swirls of the glass. It's brilliant. I also don't drink enough water, but I drink coffee 24/7, so I get some that way.

So sorry you miss New England. The colors of the trees are so beautiful there and I am seeing lots of fellow bloggers either sharing apple cider or something with pumpkins this year.

I enjoyed reading your questions and answers. I agree about the dogs. I never want a small, yappy dog, but I also can't have a dog because my two fur babies would go ballistic.

I read your offer to discuss a mood board. I am so far behind right now, I have NO time for anything except creating art and commenting to friends. I will send an e-mail when I can, although I'd rather pull teeth than use e-mail.

Thanks so much for sharing your apple cider, your Q & A, and your squiggles of water with us for T this Tuesday, dear LeeAnna.

kathyinozarks said...

I love your glass very much. we just started getting lovely colors last week-mostly yellows though.glad your cake turned out good-I am always upset with myself if something doesn't turn out right. Looks like you are enjoying creating as well. Happy T wishes Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Your water glass shows off the swirls if the table to perfection. Have a good week, keep going! Hugs, Valerie

Sara said...

Our trees were gorgeous for one morning - on Saturday. And then we had wind in the afternoon and for the past 2 days. The ash trees (gold) are nearing naked already. And the maples (red) are just beginning to turn. This is normal where the wind blows on the prairie. LOL

I've been to Hawaii in the winter twice. It was wonderful. So I would choose Paris in the summer. I want to see the same things you mentioned. I've actually been in the airport in Paris in 1971. I had a layover in Paris on my way home from Germany where I was an exchange student. But because I didn't have a visa I wasn't allowed to leave the international section of the airport.

CJ Kennedy said...

I made apple cider donuts and the recipe called for reducing the cider. I thought it was an unnecessary step and didn't make the donuts taste more cider-y. Last week, I baked an apple cider donut bundt cake that was amazing. It didn't require the cider reduction. I like quick and no fuss cooking and baking. Happy T Day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous post! What could be better than visiting New England in the Fall, I live in the UK and have friends there so we have lucky enough to visit a number of time to see the Fall Foliage 😀. Seeing the video was wonderful and took me right back there, thank you! Loved the questions too, I've been to Paris so Hawaii would be my choice ...lol! Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Annie said...

Beautiful video and photos. I would love both Paris and Hawaii. We are beginning to turn yellow/orange/red here in NJ.

Divers and Sundry said...

The water glass against that background makes an interesting image. That peak fall foliage video is a joy to watch :) Happy T Tuesday

Linda Kunsman said...

Love the glass with the table reflection! And i see you've managed to get some fall feeling with your cider and trees-just too bad about the continuing smoke...
Lovely patterns on your board. Fun ?? to ponder too. Happy T day!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Sour cream added to recipes makes them moist. So does applesauce.

Iris Flavia said...

The glass sure looks pretty like that. Boy, I think I drank at least 3 liters of water as in tea today, and I´m still cold.
Hawaii it would be!!! A happy T-day to you!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I enjoyed your post and your water in the swirly glass! Also loved your answers to the Tuesday 4 questions. maybe I will meet you in Paris! Glad the smoke has cleared and you can see clearly now! Thank you for your visit to me today as well! Have a blessed day.

Visits With Mary said...

Movies where the good guys wear white hats and they live happily ever after are always fund to watch! Hope you're enjoying a Terrific Tuesday!

My name is Erika. said...

Answer to a couple of the easy questions. Hawaii in the winter, Paris in the fall. IN a no covid time of course. Summer is too hot. And definitely big dogs. Nothing else to say about that. And I loved your New England video but living in New Hampshire it wasn't a big trip. But I love New England so I still enjoyed the trip. Where were you in New England. And I also love your swirly glass photo too. Hope it was a happy T day. I am late getting around today. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

We are close to New England and fall is certainly beautiful here. The colors are bold and apples are everywhere. I am not a fan of drinking water. I prefer tea. But I love your glass. Your quilts are lovely.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Lori said...

Your dog is beautiful! I love all sized dogs. My big dog is a really good dog. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

MissPat said...

I didn't get to this post yesterday, so it has started my Thursday off on a high note. The Autumn in New England video was so relaxing and serene. Amazing how drone technology has led to the creation of such gorgeous video tours. I've never been to either Paris or Hawaii and likely never will. I should bake something pumpkin. Maybe this weekend when it turns much colder, but for today, I must bring in the geraniums and other tender plants. 70 degrees tomorrow, but a cold front, wind and rain by evening will finally end our remnants of summer.
Pat

grammajudyb said...

Yes, baking at high altitudes is a learning curve! Glad your coffee cake was more successful! I’m anxious to see how painting the quartz worked!

DVArtist said...

I thought I left a comment here but I guess I didn't. I drink at least 76oz of water a day. It is essential for me. Well I guess for everyone. I like it hot or cold. I have always lived in high altitude until moving to OR and being at sea level another learning curve. You now I love your art and that Rose quartz is amazing. Have a very nice day.

Eileen Bergen said...

What a fun read, LeeAnne. So many ideas to occupy our time in pleasant ways during lockdown. I enjoyed your insightful answers to the quiz and reading why you would choose France and where you would go while there. It sounds lovely. We can always dream, can't we?

Happy T-Day. Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

Lisca said...

What a beautiful video. The colours are stunning. I wonder what sort of trees they have there that gives them such red leaves. We have autumn colours here too of course but not so many reds. More browns, oranges and yellows.
Your Q&A are fun. As for the trip it would have to be Hawaii. (I can go to Paris any day) I've never been to Hawaii and don't even know what the best time is to go there.
Dogs? I have never had a dog but lived three months with a family with three well trained labradors and fell in love. I think it would have to be a Labrador.
Which character do I identify with? I don't usually, but I like certain characters as they have traits that I would like to have. But generally I am very happy in my own skin.
My last wish? I wish I could travel again as I would love to visit my mum. She is 96, and in good health. I last saw her over the Christmas holidays. I phone her every day but really would like to visit in person. But it's not safe....
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Karen said...

I'm drinking my water too as my drink of choice. ~ I would pick Hawaii as I love beaches and blue water. Blessings on your week!

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
I would pick a trip to MSQC in Hamilton Missouri, go with a couple of quilty friends, meet up with you, hang out, check out the shops, take a class or two and have unlimited baagage allowance on the flight back home :)
hugs,
Joanne

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful video of Fall in New England! Too dry here in Kansas this year.
We love Colorado and missed going there this year because of Covid.
I was in Paris over 25 years ago in July. Beautiful. We ate ice cream at an outside cafe, where it was still light and 10:00 pm. We couldn't get over that. Happy belated T Day.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Loved seeing all those Autumn colours! As for your question - Paris in Winter, specifically close to Christmas - the window displays are incredible. We used to always have dogs, but never a spaniel so I would choose one of those! Love the Glass pic. Sorry I'm late visiting - life happening ! Chrisx