I did a post yesterday on this year's Halloween quilt finish... see that **HERE**
Now for the Rainbow Scrap challenge party... remember the little cut away half square triangle blocks from the lozenge blocks? I made them into leaves this time, showed them last week?
I've been trying to finish the borders on them... The yellow one I think of as Art Deco is ready to quilt
I used madeira sparkly gold thread and went around all the block areas, and then thought about the corners...
I got out my design books on the nouveau style, my circle acrylic templates and my chalk pencil
my pics were done at night, but there are circles in each corner, straight lines connecting them in the side triangles, and I started quilting wavy lines in the willowy border
Not sure if I like this but I think it will be nice. My plan after quilting is to bind it in a black fabric with a metallic gold fiber shot through... or gold tissue lame, we'll see.
Each step of the way this week, I had so many decisions to make... how big to do borders, how to insert the geese in my log cabin quilt...
They need to fall in the right place on the quilt, and look like they were inserted into the scene...
and make do with the amount of fabric I have which isn't much...
I sewed all the logs together, pieced in the bottom geese, and sewed that unit together
and sewed the right side geese into the border fabric I had
yikes! I think I will do a blue binding so the whole piece will feel unified. I have loved it but now the blue is taking over so things may change.
Next week I'll do the improv log cabins in Yellow to finish out the month.