|I love this mug |
Sometimes it's challenging to find likes for the week. Sometimes you need to look under cushions, and behind the bushes but there is always something to put on the list... so let's get this party started.
we had tuna sandwiches for lunch one day, and for a side I decided to make a salad again. We used to eat salads daily. We found out heads of lettuce were safer when you pulled off the outside leaves, and I decided to relive my youth by buying iceberg.
1) We wash it well, and spin it, and store it in the spinner where it stays crisp.
A bed of lettuce, slices of fresh ripe pears, blue cheese dressing and some walnuts made a wonderful side dish.
Are you tired of cooking by now? But our desire to eat keeps us on our toes.
2) I also pulled out my Canadian Minestrone soup recipe and we invested lots of time cleaning, chopping, stirring the soup. Luckily it makes a lot, so we had soup as a starter for the week. If anyone is interested I'll try to scan my old recipe for you. It's full of great ingredients and very satisfying.
3) what is this thing? I don't know but I like it! The chinese forget me nots is next to it but this is different. Still hasn't opened. We continue to have record heat and smoke chokes our air. Maybe mother nature is confused here.
4) I did another question and answer post on Tuesday that I just loved when it was finished. Want to see it?
5) I'm taking a free online class with "START YOUR ART" that provides two instructors daily for 14 days.
I'm painting again, at least portraits of each instructor
It provides some techniques and I love what I'm making!!
not so positive
there is way too much chat between the host and instructors at the start so I skip that part and go to the class part, but they are talking about how to jump start yourself into making art again so you may like it
6) I love zooming this past week with Mari (Academic Quilter) and Joy (the joyful quilter) and talking twice to my friend Diane in Texas.
7) We are on season two or three of "Travels with my Father" and OMG it makes us both snort with laughter at the shenanigans of these two British men traveling the world together to form a bond as adults. SO FUNNY! (netflix)
continuing the series Escape to the Chateau where those two built a quilted wall around a staircase, built a new greenhouse and got the arbor started, and traveled to a small town in the Loire country to get copper pans re-tinned... (on peacock)
8) Oh I'm half-heartedly watching Dancing with the Stars, covid edition. I love ballroom and watching people learn dance, but Tyra... so melodramatic! It's hard to cope with her antics and expressions. She cuts the judges comments so she can ask inane questions, no doubt prompted by the producers.
9) We watched a fun clever movie on netflix called Enola Holmes... hope there are more to come!
10) STILL reading my same Ebook A single thread at bedtime (after two pages I doze and the ipad falls on my face!) and listening to a fun book on audio called "The House" by Danielle Steel... comforting and entertaining in a formulaic way. Easy to sew to.
12) I finally figured out how to overcome The Quilt Show's reluctance to let me get my newsletter by email on a different account... must they make life so hard? It's been fun to see Alex in her studio.
I like that my friends send tutorial and pattern links to me like this one on how to make a sewing machine pin cushion (from Joanne at teatimegardening)
13) getting Milo bathed and shaved for the month with minimal injury to all concerned. (He feels we focus too much on grooming around here)
Milo here, there's something in my kong! I love that! The Mama she picks it up, I follow her to the kitchen and she puts yummy peanut butter, or my glucosamine treats in there and I have lots of fun getting it out. Sometimes I work on it for a whole 15 minutes (fur-ever!)
I spent a lot of time fetching my ball this week, I have to get more exercise so I also chase the Daddy (who also needs more exercise, just sayin') around the round table in the watchy watch room (TV area) and let me tell you, it's all I can do to get him up and running. I bring toy after toy to tease him with until finally he gets up and chases me! I lost my ball upstairs for a few hours, but don't worry! I found it in time to take it to bed with me last night! (Mama put it on the floor when she came up... WHY???)
Now Sit Stay! visit mama's friends keeping lists of their likes too. You can join them let mama know if you wrote a like post too!
not posting this week