1) we saw some blue sky peek through the smoke this week. These leaves are already gone, blown off by the winds Sunday! The air quality comes and goes now... the temp Wednesday was 76 going down last night to 34... extremes.
Let's get this party started shall we?
2) I finished City of Girls and loved it so much. The reader was the actress Blair Brown. Next up is by Jodi Thomas, set in Texas around 1900 and lots of fun, she knows people!
3) At night I'm reading the first book in the bakeshop series, because I somehow missed it, Meet your Baker. Love this series
4) Ooooo we found the Great British Bake show on Netflix... a new episode dropping weekly. Covid edition.
6) the mancuso Pacific National quilt show is in session! On line HERE
my tomatoes continue to be green but one I pulled off the stalk is turning pink. Are they safe to eat green? I googled it because I fondly remember eating fried green tomatoes and they contain solanine like potatoes that should not be eaten if they go green...
8) our cider had a quick exp. date so I baked an apple coffee cake that came out pretty good.
Since the oven was hot and we had to use the egg whites anyway, we also baked another blueberry cake, so very good!
We used cooked chicken from the store, sauted it with:
olive oil, lemon juice, white cooking wine and spices (I poured about
1/3 cup EEOO in a 1C measuring cup, added about 1/4 C wine, and 1/8 C
lemon juice, but I didn't measure) A lot will depend on your amount of
I made a Greek spice mix with:
garlic powder, basil, parsley, rosemary (a bit less), paprika, a tsps
of oregano, salt and black pepper (sorry no measurements... about half
tsps of each, more of parsley and oregano)
put a good amount of the spice mix in the saute pan with the meat and liquid, and let the chicken cook if raw, or absorb most of the liquid if cooked already.
A lovely scent came up as the liquid was absorbed.
sorry no recipe, just my little explanation, but it was good. We made two more sandwiches for Thursday's lunch, had some oven fries as our side, and poor Milo was left wanting with only a small piece of chicken and one fry!
Products I'm liking
|the rock is in the middle|
11)... my pink quartz rock... twice since I didn't like the first one... story tomorrow on Paint Post
12) lots of sewing going on, story on Saturday's post
13) I liked the poodle fabric at spoonflower
I LOVE cheese!
New this week! http://livelylatte.blogspot.com/