Saturday, October 31, 2020

Saturday's questions halloween version

 

grrrrr don't make me get off this chair!!!
nothing scarier than a mad poodle!!!

 

anyway, the questions from Saturday 9 today, with a few left off, are....

 3) Do you believe in ghosts?

A: well, we go on ghost walks while visiting historic towns, or did back east... I believe we come and go from a spiritual place, come back more than once even, so why would a spirit not want to return to Heaven in between lives? It's much nicer than earth. 

look what happened to the last guy I dealt with!

4)  Have you ever brought home an edible souvenir? Or do you prefer to remember your trips with something more lasting, like a coffee mug or t-shirt?
A: we brought back wine from Fess Parker's CA winery... lol. We often buy specialty food items when on vacation but not as souvenirs. I usually buy a Christmas tree ornament to remember a place.  

woooooooooo!


5) According to Reader's Digest, The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. Have you seen it, and if so, did it scare you? The ads were enough... I do NOT like horror flicks at all even the ads.Life is scary enough for me.

6) Which do you find spookier: haunted houses or cemeteries?

A: I think I went in one halloween house and hated the whole thing, but LOVE visiting cemeteries and grave yards. I read the tombstones, I imagine lives come and gone, I think they are lovely. We often visit them especially when touring historic areas. 

Our Maryland neighborhood was originally a farmstead along the Severn River, and one home was built on original farmhouse site with graves. The new owners sort of let the graves fall into oblivion but I walked right up to visit them.

7) What's the most recent Halloween costume you wore?

I love to dress up. Most recently my husband and I were pirates, I wore my Renn. costume (being a wench for 12 years was a good thing)  with pirate extras but the corset was the imp part of that. DH changed up his Renn. costume to become a dashing pirate with earrings and big sword... heh heh

8) When you were a kid, did you trade your Halloween candy with siblings or friends?  

A: I probably shared, and parents probably took some as I slept but my siblings were married by the time I was 5. No sharing with friends... it was so much fun to tip out the bag and see the candy.


9) Random question: You meet your very friendly new neighbor. She invites you over for a "get acquainted" cup of coffee tomorrow afternoon and you accept. Then you learn that she was once on trial for an axe murder ... but acquitted. Would you still go over to her house?

I wouldn't go over in the first place these days!!! In the olden days, that would spook me... innocent people get charged but mostly guilty people get off on technicalities. Crazy and mean people look normal... so... be careful out there!

linking to

Saturday 9 where you'll find answers from fun people!

11 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we agree, houses are much more worse ... and we believe in ghosts now after we saw a real one... (honestly LOL) Happy howloween to you!!

CountryDew said...

Yes, you're right, crazy and mean people do look normal. Life is one big gamble, after all.

Bev Sykes said...

I think if I visit the neighbor, I'd take a friend with me!

Sara said...

I also tend to buy local foods or wine or coffee when I traveled. And always try to buy a Christmas ornament from the place. Cemeteries creep me out, and I don't do haunted houses or watch horror movies. I always loved wearing a Halloween costume at school when I was teaching high school and it varied from year to year. The tiny town we lived in for many years had an adult Halloween dance every year and gave prizes for costumes. We won several years. I made "Fruit of the Loom" costumes one year and recruited a couple of extra people. I was 8 months pregnant under my cluster of grapes, and no one guessed who I was.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Some really good questions and answers, LeeAnna. I love to visit cemeteries and look at the old tombstones and crypts. I have often wanted to do some rubbings, but most cemeteries frown on that.

I like to buy postcards from places I visit. I have a huge postcard collection. If I bought a mug every place I visited, I'd have NO room for anything else in my cupboards.

The place I worked for years allowed us to dress up on Halloween one year. I wore a Miss Piggy mask, bought a used outfit that was too large for me, then padded it with pillows on both ends. It got a lot of laughs. Loved your responses to these. Happy belated Halloween.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm with you on horror movies, LeeAnna. NO, thank you!!

My name is Erika. said...

I like the pup photos. I had a run in with a mad poodle once (my husband's family dog when we started dating eons ago). I think it rated right up there with one of my dogs now. Smile!

Roman Adam said...

Thanks for sharing this blog with us!! I like all these photos and I hope you'll share such type of articles regularly in future..
leather bags

Albert said...

thanks for writing this interesting and informative article about
leather handbags

Kevin Durant said...

There are classic games to train the brain, and besides, there are also classic games that aim to train skills and challenge players. They are called The Impossible Game, with the game context changing suddenly, the game becomes more difficult because the change does not follow any rules, they change based on the publisher's inspiration.

Back Biller said...

We often place our handbag on the kitchen counter, a bench, and some even momentarily meet the floor so for hygiene reasons alone, it is not acceptable. Handbag Designs