Saturday, October 3, 2020

Sewing... which way do I go?

 

For today's sewing round up, here are the paper pieced geese in yellow for RSC color of the month!

When my beloved red computer died in it's sleep one night, I took over DH's computer to learn windows 10. Then it was so slow after the updates that he ordered me a new computer. (some people get the newest versions yearly, we wait til a disaster falls to make changes!) 

Anyway... he was able to install my old Sew Precise Software for paper pieced blocks, Yea!!! I missed them...

Lots of blocks that can be printed easily in any size you want. I have fun with that! The trouble is some blocks didn't make the transition and are now lost, but I still have most of them! I printed some out in 4" squares, 6" squares and 4X6" rectangles, got out my yellow scraps and whee!

two small ones sewn together

I love foundation piecing, an happily finished one audio book, and started another while sewing!

now I want to do other colors, and figure out how I want to set them!


 

you can't buy this version of sew precise but I think you can get it when you purchase Electric Quilt.

I also chose backing and got the Halloween quilt sandwiched for quilting this week

and found the pumpkin pin cushion I made a couple years ago, to make the studio feel like Fall 

Smoke and hot temps have made going outside a misery so I have spent more time this week painting and sewing, and luckily reading now that I have audio books.

Quilting Humor | Quilting humor, Crazy quilts, Quilting quotes

(wake up... putting on masks in public and keeping distance is all we can do to stop the spread of covid right now... there is no herd immunity as you can catch it more than once, over 200000 people in the USA alone have already died because people refuse to acknowledge it.  Put on a mask when outside your family unit, lets defeat this together)

linking to

off the wall Fridays
can I get a whoop whoop Fridays  

http://www.inquiringquilter.com/ Wednesday wait loss
Midweek makers wednesdays

design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays
sew can do mondays

oh Scrap Sundays

23 comments:

maggie fellow said...

we are the same way with technology - good you could get an old program going. pretty yellows

Auntie Em said...

Can't wait to find out which way your directional geese end up going. Kind of a perfect block for these uncertain times. Your pumpkin pin cushion is adorable.

Carol Swift said...

So many beautiful geese! It is no fun to have our computers glitch out on us. We rely on them so much!

Barbara said...

Looks like a lot to keep you busy! I like your little pin cushion. The geese will look wonderful when decided.

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
There's so much inspiration in Autumn :)
Looks quite colourful today!
hugs,
Joanne

My name is Erika. said...

That is a tough decision. Not being a quilter, I would say random, but I bet that doesn’t look good in the finished product.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Ducks usually fly south...just saying. 🤣

JanineMarie said...

Glad you were able to get your software loaded. Paper pieced geese are so satisfying aren’t they? I love the variations in yours!

Sara said...

It is really good that your software is all set up again. These geese blocks are so fun with the variation in height. I can just imagine how interesting a whole rainbow collection of them will look. And the pincushion is adorable!!!

sonja said...

your flying geese variation are wonderful . love you can tame chaos fabric into quilt parts!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those flying geese are really fun! And hooray for a new computer that works!

grammajudyb said...

I thought I was the only one who was still using Windows 7! I know I’m pushing the envelope and need to replace my laptop! But, I’m putting it off!
I wish I could really learn to do paper piecing and enjoy it! I’m just not good at it!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

The pin cushion is fun and so beautiful and your blocks are so cute oh wonderful what you always do!
Happy Sunday greetings Elke

dq said...

Super fun Flying Geese in the variety and the color.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love playing with geese blocks. Whichever layout you choose, I know it will look fantastic. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Nann said...

Your varied geese are delightful!

AnnieO said...

Glad you were able to get most of your blocks back. That is a lot of piecing time represented :)
The doctor I do telemedicine scribing for tells every patient to wear a mask--our area is pretty good about it but some will never do it. Those are often the same people who won't get a flu shot either...

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute YELLOW (and green) goosey piecing, LeeAnna!!! It's SEW much fun to see you getting back to this project. I've missed it, too!

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh, LeeAnna, your geese are just FABULOUS! You make some of the most joyful projects I've ever seen. There ought to be a link to your blog at the end of every single article on the New York Times, because that's where I was before coming here and I definitely needed some cheering up after reading the dang newspaper! Love your pumpkin pin cushion, too, and the idea of decorating the sewing room for holidays.

Angie said...

LA - that's quite a flock of geese you have flying around there! We have a friend who is in Colorado fighting one of the fires ... I worry about him every day. Hope precipitation comes soon and brings a relief to the smoke!

Norma Schlager said...

Your flying geese are wonderful! I love the precision of paper piecing.

Susan said...

Those geese are too fun, any which way!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Beautiful geese! Love the variety. Making them all the colors will be fun! That little pincushion had need in a fall mood. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.