Saturday, October 31, 2020

Sewing Saturday

I don't know where the week went but I know I did sew. 

I sewed enough to finish one book and get through 2/3 of the next while working! 

this block is from a 1980's book but Deb at (https://vtquilter.blogspot.com/)

 redesigned it. It's slow going but I finished this one by hand in the evenings, and have several more yellow ones cut out, marked, sorted and ready to sew too. 

 We finally put up a curtain rod to hang quilts in the family room, and when we did I noticed the mantel easel quilt had one of my roses, not right for the season... so....sew....

I designed and made a 12" X 14" thankful quilt to go with the home quilt and Thanksgiving!

It deserves it's own post to tell you how I made it but this is a teaser...
 

I am hand stitching the black shot through with gold threads binding onto the art deco leaves piece

click on images to enlarge them for detail

 and then plan to add a row of tiny crystal beads just along the inside border

I started the log cabin blocks... 

organizing the strips and bits into drawers to use as I chain piece them

here they are with about 4 rounds left to go on each one to make them as large as the other colored blocks are. I kind of love them around the endless star, right? 

leftovers from the home and thankful quilts

so I'll be doing a post showing close-ups of the little one finished this week, probably on Monday but those reverse applique bits came from the process...

 like sour dough starter...

 one block leads to another

Craftsy is not honoring my bluprint membership, customer service suggested I purchase another membership but when you do it goes to auto renewal at a price so high I don't see it as valuable to me. 

Don't know what I'll do, but for now I am watching some youtube videos.

 this first version would be so cute with Christmas fabrics!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7F7LCX-z7c 

Linking to

http://www.myquiltinfatuation.com/ 

http://www.inquiringquilter.com/ Wednesday wait loss
Midweek makers wednesdays

scrap happy Saturdays

15 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
You have been sewper busy !
Love all the yellows and adding bling is always better !
Happy Halloween !
hugs,
Joanne

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow! The endless star is wonderful by itself, but surrounded by your log cabin blocks it's even better! And all the detail in your mantel quilt! You definitely had a very good sewing week!

Sara said...

Oh my - that star done in yellow is the prettiest one yet.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your new Thanksgiving quilt for the mantle - I see Milo there! The Endless Diamond block is so pretty in yellow. Neat idea to surround it with your log cabin blocks, even if that isn't your ling term plan!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

You have been doing some awesome work. Love your endless diamond and your art deco leaves (the golds remind me of Klimt)

MissPat said...

Looking forward to seeing how you did the Thanksgiving mini. The log cabin blocks look good around the Endless Star. It sucks that Craftsy won't honor the Bluprint subscription. You had just signed up when Bluprint closed down, didn't you? I think they are really going to have trouble signing up new people.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

There's a whole lot of YELLOW awesome in your post!! I don't even know where to begin to comment. Thanks for the MSQC link. That's a great pattern!!

Molly the Airedale said...

Love your star and I love the saltbox and can't wait to hear more about it!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love all your yellow blocks together!
Enjoy your projects!

Kim said...

Those yellow blocks are happy rays of sunshine. I must say I love the peek of your sweet Home little quilt. Your post is overspilling with quilty busy-ness.

grammajudyb said...

So much sewing goodness! Looking forward to seeing your new mantle quilt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those yellow blocks are really really cool!

Deanna W said...

Those tiny log cabins are too cute!

Maggie said...

I have had the same with Craftsy/Blueprint. We received an email in May to say that they woukd be refunding us, never got that either, we tried contacting them as well. Now I get an email to say renew membership?

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

This post has been such a treat! So many beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.