Friday, May 1, 2020

watching paint dry

welcome to paint party Friday... I haven't painted as much, but was inspired by some Spring buds
Oh lovely. I saw Valerie-Jael's pictures on her blog of white spring flowers so I said, that's it! I'm going to try painting white on white paper!  So out came the sketchbook. Inspired by my own photos and hers I started with a faint pencil sketch.
it's interesting how the look changes as you crop it
then on our evening walk, I said to dh, I don't have much to share for paintings. He said, well you've got a day...
I watched a video by creationsceecee, and of course mine came out quite different. She said focus on circles...
I loved painting circles with my wide flat brush, swirling into two pans at once, then onto the paper! Also used the finetec gold and silver metallic paints with round brush for accents. A black and white pen completed it but it seemed flat to me.
I added in the words, love goes around in a circular motion.
then I read a Quaker prayer, and in it were the words... you are enough... and .... you carry the divine in you.
Ahhhh a message I need to read

I signed up for a 5 day lesson by Thirsty for Art, on art therapy, I think you can just go sign up
 an excerpt:
And what makes art therapy different from just art-making?
  • Art therapy is about the process, not the product (aka the result)
  • Art therapy focuses on expressing emotions and healing our mind and body through the process 
LINKING TO
http://www.rainfrances.com/
https://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/
http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/ 

26 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

that#s beautiful... and now the blossoms are with you for ever and not only for such a short time ;O)

Debbie V. said...

I like how you use the thin black lines to accentuate the flowers and the "planets". Both of these are interesting. I feel like the flowers have that honey scent.

Sara said...

Everything you painted was beautiful. Both would make wonderful greeting cards or framed art. I can picture the circle piece on an easel at your desk - or your husband's desk - as a reminder of love.

sirkkis said...

Love your white flowers. Really well painted 👍
Happy PPF and healthy May ❤️🥀

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
You have done a lot ! and at quite a challenging time.
White on white...that's taking it up a notch :)
I would love to print out your circles painting you are enough and hang it up. Is that ok with you ?
hugs,
Joanne

Susan said...

Beautifully done on the white paper. I love your soft shadows and green surrounding the flowers. Happy PPF

Debra said...

Love all of this-very cheery and spring-ish!

Linda Kunsman said...

I love your beautiful white flowers, but then I also love the circle art too! CeeCee is such a good teacher of You Tube watercolor fun isn't she... happy PPF!

DVArtist said...

Ohhhh you did an outstanding job on those flowers. The circles are brilliant too.

Christine said...

Lovely spring art, and circle art!

MissPat said...

Yeah for spring flowers and your white ones are very lifelike.
Pat

sonja said...

painting circles AS WELL AS painting in a circle are great warm ups for especially watercolours. i like those orbs oF pastel and quoteS . IT IS INTERESTING TO SEE PEOPLES REACTION WHEN I REPLY TO :hOW ARE YOU?" I would sometimes reply "Good, i am good enough!" that was back in the day before we made and wor facecoverig cloth masks from our fabric stash....and good enough is sometimes enough to get us through the day...
I have a theory that white flours are of wonderful fragrance as to make up in olfactory factor for lack of color as in attracting polinaTORS. IT BARES TRUE IN MY AREA!

Gillena Cox said...

Bravo white petals on the white paper a success. Luv the prayer, for indeed God is with us

Happy PPF

Much💛🎑💛

peppylady (Dora) said...

Maybe when I retire I can do some art therapy. Lovely apple blossoms.
PPF

Molly the Airedale said...

Your paintings are just beautiful. Love the flowers!

Barbara said...

An inspirational post from top to bottom! The blossoms are beautiful. Then your presentation of art therapy really got my attention. Many decades ago I wanted to finish my education as an art therapist. It didn’t turn out that way, but I still relate to art as therapy when I need it!

Tarang Sinha said...

Two totally different paintings. Lovely artworks. The flowers look so refreshing and the planets have the mysterious touch.
Take care. :)

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Look at your flower paintings! Quite beautiful.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful painted the pictures!!!

Kathe W. said...

ahhhh blossoms on paper never fade! Nicely done! See you next Friday! Cheers!

Tammie Dickerson said...

Love your sweet white flowers - such a perfect piece for spring!!

Angie in SoCal said...

You are so gifted. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Beautiful spring flowers ~ Enjoy the class!

Gillena Cox said...

Happy Thursday

Much💙🌎💚love

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I am certainly glad you decided to bring your art out of the studio where it could be appreciated. How else are you going to know how good you are? Your flowers are delicate and beautiful and your circles are many things to many people and open to interpretation. I see planets, but others will see something different ... and all will see something beautiful. I am sure this is my first visit to your blog and I am delighted which is saying something in the world that we are having to live in these days. Thank you for making me smile ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Rain said...

LeeAnna, I love your spring flowers, the white is beautiful, and I like how it looks on the corner of the page. :) Your circles are great! I did art therapy for years after burning out. The first 6 months or so, all I could paint where black jagged objects...but as I progressed, the objects became less jagged, and I tried different colours. Art therapy is wonderful, it can take time, but it sure does wonders to let out those emotions that sometimes feel stuck. :)