Sunday, September 13, 2020

sunday questions

 


1. Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month,
A: according to the HOA we have to replace a dead tree in the tree lawn outside our fence. In just about any other place, the city would do this.
 
 2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas Fuller  What does this quote mean to you?
A: literally we've had bushes and flowers spring up that we have no idea where they came from. Figuratively, I'd say relating it to humans, a lot of ideas and stimulus come from places we can't identify but they affect us strongly, sometimes changing us. 

3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?

4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous.
A: I'd be looking at my nails, looking around the room, fidgeting


5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe?
A: yes, but surprisingly I don't see it except in my artwork. I paint with it, I've had brilliant yellow shirts, made quilts of yellow, and love to see the bananas in the fruit basket.  

6. Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black-eyed Susan...which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?
A: I do love yellow roses, I got a bouquet of yellow roses from my Canadian boyfriend once, and always remember how I felt getting them, seeing their happy faces reminding me of our friendship.I love the enormity of a sunflower, everything about them. Seeing a field of yellow tulips in the spring in Maryland always made me think of a choir.

7. Flip flops or bare feet? 
A: bare feet in the house, flip flops outside


8. Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
A: fine kettle of fish, with all the repairs and workmen we had the last two weeks, putting me into crisis mode. Then the HOA's demand to replace a tree, in an unhospitable unnatural location like Colorado. They die yearly, when will the HOA get the picture, it's not a good place for trees? 

9. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?
A: as a child, we owned a lodge in NC and went up all the time. It was great for kids, I fished in the stocked trout lake, and learned to clean them, and we had them for dinner often.Not an activity I'd enjoy as an adult 
 
10. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
A: lipsticks. Hand sanitizer. pens.

11. Your favorite fish tale or movie?

A: after reading someone else's post, I was reminded how much I loved Whale Rider... a tale of a girl in NZ who was told she couldn't be the leader because of her gender... lovely photography and symbolism

12. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
A:  daylight. I'm open, and honest, visible.


13. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
A: I have some lovely jackets from the 80's... but they have a large silhouette that looks offbeat nowadays when people like to wear skintight clothing. They are so pretty, cream silk, or bright colors like my SWATCH sweater that's like artwork.  I haven't bought many outfits in the last couple years so a lot of my clothes are quite old. T-shirts from events I did in Tampa, shorts from years ago... I have a bin of older clothes I keep for sentiment.


14. What's been the best and worst part of your summer so far?
A: the isolation .
15. Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune
A: son of a son of a sailor man.   I came of age in the last 70's in Tampa Florida... of course I like JB!
thanks for the memories!
 
Linking to 

12 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

"Whale Rider" was a beautiful movie.

Lori said...

I would probably be fidgeting too if I were nervous. Loved your answers. Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Kwizgiver said...

I enjoyed Whale Rider, I forgot about it.

Nancy said...

Maybe you should see about a ‘native’ tree that can go in the dead trees place? Or do they provide you a list of trees to choice from? It they provide the list then you might have to petition them if the list has no native trees.

Rebecca said...

I'm surprised at your comment about "skintight clothing." I follow some garment sewing groups and independent pattern designers, and what people like to sew seems to be boxy or "cocoon" clothing. I don't follow anything about actual fashion, though.

Sara said...

I was also thinking you need to check into native trees. I am a Jimmy Buffet fan and my car radio is currently tuned to the Margharitaville channel on Sirius. I've never caught a fish but love to eat fish. LOL I never, ever wear yellow as it makes my skin tone look decidedly green. Occasionally I'll add a pop of yellow in my quilting. And I do enjoy yellow flowers, although I don't grow any.

LA Paylor said...

only native trees are approved but they don't thrive here either. They are native to CO but not native to prairie really and we're a bit East of Denver. Yes, we too thought about native trees.

Mari said...

Yellow roses are my favorite, too! And I love A Pirate Looks at 40!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I loved Whale Rider. There are some other movies from New Zealand,too, on a wild comedy called "Hunt for the Wilder People" that is such NUTTY fun!

Forgetfulone said...

I think I'm going to have to check out whale rider. You're the 3rd person who's mentioned it, and I've never heard of it!

The Joyful Quilter said...

A lodge? On a lake. In North Carolina! Must hear more...

CountryDew said...

Do you HAVE to replace the tree? Couldn't you just take down the dead one and forget it? I hate HOAs, I think they are horrible.