Welcome to this week's list of likes!
1) The trees are beginning to turn color, but the temps continue to be very hot (hovering around 90) but the big problem is the smoke from so many forest fires. It's overcast all the time now, and the air is noxious. But there are a few things to mention in the "I LIke" list so lets get started...
2) I like this color orange for brightening up the patio!
3) I like that one of the wildflower seeds is turning (finally) into something... what I don't know...
5) well the tomatoes seem to be on hold...
6)there were 10 beans to pick
7) I like the cape we found on Amazon
so when I cut dh's hair I no longer have to put him in a garbage bag lol! We put an old shower curtain under the chair while cutting.
I'm slowly still reading my ebook at night about the embroiderer
8) I finished two books on audio this week... yes I dragged myself through Crawdads... and felt manipulated by the author's ending... but started a grand book called:
charming reader and fun story set in modern day small town Texas involving a woman mayor and cast of characters
speaking of reading, I watched a lot of youtube videos on Ann Patchett and Anne Lamott this weekend...wonderful to hear authors talking about life and books!!! here are some links
11) I spent the week making sure I met my deadline for this quilt...here
12) Oy vey... I'm so tired of cooking.... this week we had chicken sauteed with lemon juice, lemon slices, garlic, olive oil, cooking sherry and artichoke hearts.
we made a chocolate chip sour cream banana cake this week, which means we used some egg whites... and had some left to make scrambled eggs with cheese. We took english muffins, toasted them, spread on Blue Moose cheese dip (asiago) layered scrambled eggs to make breakfast sandwiches. Very good.
we also are returning to iceberg lettuce... in the time of pandemic, we feel we can shed some outer leaves, and wash the center and are liking salads as sides again, lettuce, sliced avocado and blue cheese dressing. good stuff.
13) we ordered curbside pick up at total wine, so we now have wine again for the evening chat. Reisling is my favorite, along with rose or almond champagne
Mama: Milo do you want to add any likes to this week's list?
so when you get it, I love to guard it, lay it on the table to chew on it,
Please visit these people with lists of likes and remember to tell me in comments if you did a Like post this week so I can include you!