Saturday, September 12, 2020

Saturday questions

 

pink quartz

 Saturday 9 questions this week:
 So Emotional (1987)    Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.







1) Whitney sings that she keeps her lover's photo beside her bed. What's on your bedside table?  
A: when I was in the turmoil of moving across the country the kindest quilting friend made me a little art quilt. I keep it on the bedside table and am grateful for the kindness of others each night. I also have a cute IKEA lamp, my IPAD for the kindle book I'm reading, my spectacles, a glass of water. I call it the nightstand though, not the bedside table

 

2) She's getting frustrated, waiting for the phone to ring. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end? 
A: I expect it to be the spam call that comes in daily, so I ignore it, but I hope it's a friend calling to have a long chat!


3) The video was filmed at Stabler Arena in Bethlehem, PA. It seats 6,200. As the nation reopens from Covid19, would you feel comfortable sitting knee-to-knee with a stranger in an arena like this?   NO NO NO NO NO

4) This week's featured artist, Whitney Houston, appeared on the daytime drama As The World Turns. She played herself, performing with Jermaine Jackson at the Miss Cinderella contest in the fictional town of Oakdale. Have you ever been hooked on a soap opera?
A: back in high school I started going home at lunch to watch All My Children and got my first VCR in order to tape it during my work years. Not watched in so long... it got tedious


5) Whitney had a sweet tooth, and her favorite breakfast cereal was Fruity Pebbles. Do you often eat cereal for lunch or dinner?
A: I doubt it, but as it happens, right now I'm eating shredded wheat with yogurt and cinnamon but generally when I eat cereal or oatmeal, I am hungry an hour later whereas if I eat just protein or just fruit I stay full


6) At Whitney's wedding to Bobby Brown, her bridesmaids all wore lavender dresses and the groomsmen had custom made alligator shoes. Have you ever "stood up" for a friend or relative? If so, do you remember what you wore?
A: so many times I had a closet of bridesmaid dresses, with the dyed uncomfortable shoes
I remember them all but especially the one for college friend, a peach quiana gown that clung to me like skin. We all had baby's breath in our hair which stayed in all the African American girl's hair, but slid out of my baby fine straight hair all day long in the humidity of winter park Florida summer. My friend's name was Peaches.



7) In 1987, the year this song was popular, Cher won the Oscar for Moonstruck. Her most famous line was, "Snap out of it!" When you think of Cher, do you first think of her movies, her TV show, or her music?
A: her hair.... I was enthralled with her as a young teen... that long straight black hair, so fashionable, and I played her album over and over, in my bedroom, as I imagined I was her.


8) Michael Douglas won the Oscar that year for Wall Street. His most famous line was, "Greed is good." His character goes on to say that, "Greed in all its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, for knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of all mankind." Do you agree?  A: NO NO NO NO NO NO   I think it led to the problems in America today

9) Random question: When you woke up this morning, were you ready to get out of bed? Or do you wish you could have snoozed for a bit longer? A: I was happy to leave the dream I just had and get up to a strong cup of coffee, my husband and dog, and sunshine

Linking to:


8 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

I love Cher's look. I'm short, pudgy, fair skinned and have wavy hair, so we couldn't be more opposite. Maybe that's why. But I adore her.

Bev Sykes said...

My cousin's name was Peach (not Peaches). Your nightstand sounds bigger than a "bedside table."

Lori said...

Sometimes I really love a good phone chat, but most of the time I dread getting on the phone. When I was home during the covid shut down, I loved chatting with friends. I am not sure much is still shut down where I live. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Hi Lee Ann-

I’m Bud (you probably know me) and I launched both Saturday 9 & Sunday Stealing. I’m starting a new one and like you to join us for our premier week fir Monday Madness. (http://mmwithjudd.blogspot.com) this week. We will not ask stupid (What are you wearing?) or yes or no ones. It will be 10 questions every week. I’m pleased to let you know that I am partnering with The Queen of Memes, Mimi Lenox on this blog. That’s it. Stay safe & health & healthy.

Bud

Kwizgiver said...

I'm a Cher fan, too! That hair!!!

CountryDew said...

I agree with you, greed has led to the downfall of the nation.

Kathryn said...

great movie selection! Greed of anything is bad! Share at material...lol I watched AMC and General Hospital i believe since since I can remember. I finally gave up GH when AMC's curtain dropped. My sister is still hanging with it though! I had almost 50 yrs in GH. Crazy to think.

Sara said...

I’ve never been a bridesmaid. Not ready to go sit in an arena with strangers yet, but I’m hoping that we’ll be able to go see at least some college basketball this winter. I’m trying to be optimistic about a vaccine. LOL. I think of Cher’s music first. My sister-in-law and I went to see her in person last winter. Fabulous show!