Friday, February 11, 2022

the more I see you love song day 11

 

love... so many ways to love... 

my songs for today:

 the more I see you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXJIQNDC-N4

to a bossa nova beat... I love how singers put their artistic spin on music!

I have a lovely memory of an evening spent watching an old movie on our big tv set... the parents were away and Tatee, my caretaker my safe and loving space, was dozing in a chair next to me. I sat enthralled as a young child, learning what romance was. The movie and title song stuck with me and I sang it often as if I was on broadway... 

every experience shapes us.... the happy and the sad, the good and the bad... and I wonder how much we have in us by the end of life. So many experiences and missed experiences, and I find people fascinating. I want to hear your stories, the ones that shaped you... if only we all felt safe enough to share our real selves... right?
 

7 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

it brings good mood and the gray day is more sunny now ;O)

Pam Dempsey said...

Such a beautiful voice :)

Lynn Holland said...

My best friends dad has got me listening to James Taylor this week and I’ve loved every track
Lynn x

My name is Erika. said...

I love seeing Milo soaking up a bit of sunshine. We went from very cold to around 40 this past week and the pups here have been enjoying it too. Have a great weekend. hug-Erika

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love those old movies and songs to go with them. I remember loving 'Moon River' when I was a little girl. I do think that music, art, movies, and books all add to a person's story. It's what resonates that stays with you. xx

Sally Langston Warren said...

Love is a Many Splendid Thing is another golden oldie. I have memories of my mother starting to sing something (like this, for instance) and my father joining in. Neither were professional singers but had nice voices. Such happiness and love! So thankful that was part of my childhood.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Can't go wrong with the sultry silky smooth voice of The King. Nat King Cole, that is.