Sunday, February 13, 2022

I want to sing you love songs

 continuing the songs of love for the month of February, please enjoy this song


 As a young woman, I dated a musician ... he played guitar in a band and sang beautifully. 

 I sat at the girlfriend's table  as the band played. He also played music for me at home, wrote songs for me and eventually said he loved me.,.. then asked me to marry him.

we didn't match however and it taught me the lesson that love is not enough... it is all good, I still hold memories of my time with him and am grateful. I am not Jewish therefore his family would not accept me in any way. Heritage and expectations were in the way.  I will always remember the time we shared and how I it felt to belong to the band group and how it felt to have a talented man write a song for me. 

So many experiences in my life...

while I was in them I worried I'd never find true love but eventually music brought me together with my husband, at a contra dance. Ironically he now plays guitar, and I listen from the other room, and imagine he's playing for me since he finds songs to play he knows I love...happily,  we do match. 

have you learned any lessons from relationships?

2 comments:

Miaismine said...

What a beautiful story! Have I learned anything in relationships? Funny you should ask as this week is our 41st anniversary. I have learned that though we love each other deeply we are individuals and free to make our own decisions. I am learning to respect, detach and let go with love. I also am learning that a long term trial does that mean the end of a relationship, but if handled correctly, with faith and a desire to learn, it can bring a deeper love, understanding and acceptance of each other.

sonja said...

Yes ll
la your story is beautiful and thoughtful. what i learned is there is no end to the learning 'til final breath. we just made our 45 year of togetherness. Always same always new as we change without noticing, beyond youth to senior- hood. once upon a time, long ago and far away, i had a boyfriend that was the singer in a band and once he wrote a song for me. falsetto joe was not long lived and the Vietnam time draft broke up the music of the west coast branch. we are all made up from dreams and relationships ,especially in our long haired youth when we were fearless....