Monday, February 7, 2022

A song and reminder for Monday

 

"shelter" (c)LAPaylor

 for today's love music... gravely Van Morrison sings the words have I told you lately I love you

DH and I are still basically in self imposed isolation to protect our health... we see each other, talk to each other, and that sometimes leaves us forgetting to say those words... but they are felt. 

the other day I looked over at him in the kitchen, doing one of the million things he does for our family daily, and thought... I love you

I think out of some kind of embarrassment I said, that shirt looks so good on you

do you tell people when they are important to you? There are reasons we can't always... my family is rejecting for instance. I know it has more to do with childhood trauma than me per se but it hurts. I often feel love for a friend but it's awkward to speak of so we make jokes and laugh together.

I remember being a young woman and having a date say he loved me, and I didn't share that level of feeling and how it hurt me to hurt them. 

Love like anything else in life has two sides always... and it's magical when we're both on the same side at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7-PYtXtJM



7 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

that was a super sweet post.. and we love the song... even dads rival Rod performed it once

R's Rue said...

So sweet.

Sara said...

I'm guilty of not expressing my love to others often enough. This is a good reminder that we need to say it - because we never know when "too late" will arrive.

MissPat said...

This is exactly why I'm suffering so much angst right now and Sara has hit the nail on the head.
Pat

Tails Around the Ranch said...

The expression of love to those who are most important to our psyche is a key element to making the relationship work. Sometimes it's easy to take people/things for granted but expressing our love seems to say, I see what you do and appreciate it/you. Nice musical selections.

Kathleen said...

Wonderful post! I try to remember to say it daily, and the isolation of the last two years is very hard...not what we humans were meant to do. Good to say it and meant it...really it is the best thing ever.

QuiltGranma said...

every night I tell hubby that. When ever we talk to any of the kids, they hear it too.