Friday, February 4, 2022

celebrate the heart... day 4

 

Day four of love songs...

When I first saw my now husband, we were at a conta dance (my first) and as I saw him coming down the row the room blurred and his face was in focus, just for a moment. My spirit guides wanted to make sure I didn't miss this!

I had loved and lost and was tired... I had just decided to stop the search for a life partner... but then said to myself, 

"maybe one more..." 

timing is important... I believe if I hadn't gone through heartache and learned it was better to be on my own than with the wrong person I might have missed him. I believe if I hadn't written a list of what I wanted in a mate, I might have been sidetracked.

I was a complicated, talented, funny, accomplished woman in her 30's who didn't look like Barbie. 

They say do things you love and the ones you meet will fit your life better. I guess that's true, but also it takes courage to try again, to risk loss. 

Then after the I do's life throws rocks at you, and you learn to dodge them while holding a hand, or if a rock hits you there is someone to kiss it better...

what would you tell your younger self if you could go back? 


5 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

my advice would be don't try to look like agnetha from abba, it ends in a disaster ;O)
thanks for the song, it is something what makes our heart sing&swing ;O)

Sara said...

My advice to my younger self - take a risk!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Tony Bennett...now there's a song master.

Kathleen said...

So many good songs you are picking!

QuiltGranma said...

To my younger self: keep your faith in God, redeem yourself back to before you lost it, and wait on The Lord.