Thursday, February 24, 2022

I Like Thursday # 285



welcome to this week's list of things to like... starting with a doodle I made using a small watercolor paper, a staedtler pen, and tombow watercolor markers... along with my imagination

I love the last quilt I finished, and the post is here describing my love of Lake Placid NY

post link: https://lapaylor.blogspot.com/2022/02/sewing-saturday-and-morning-on-mirror.html

 reading on ebook

so good, characters are interesting and I want it not to end...

 Sponsored Ad - Red Mountain: A Novel (Red Mountain Chronicles)

reading via audio books

just finished   a book of short stories. Usually very unsatisfying but these were interesting. I love the cover art


now hearing a fictionalized story of a real person and event. If you can listen to it being read please do


watching on tv

Glad to see my shows return, like This is Us, A million little things, New Amsterdam. Glad Amazing Race and Big Brother are still on but the two PBS shows had finale's this week. Enjoying the show about rich adult kids of celebrities working on a ranch... as a recovering social worker it's fun to watch people learning and growing. 

now that the temps are around 0 degrees F, I love my cuddle duds fleece leggings with big sweaters

as always I love my friends and talking to them on the phone lifts me up

Fine dining

 we had cottage cheese unopened but just past it's date, so I wanted to use it and found this recipe...

 https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/260458/easy-broccoli-cheese-casserole/

I think it's good...

and I tried a third recipe for cinnamon buns... what a tremendous amount of work, and I'd say she calls for too much butter in three stages of these, and way too much icing for us. She says this is just like cinnabun at the mall...here is the recipe

https://www.tastesoflizzyt.com/homemade-cinnamon-rolls/ 

and our buns

really good recipe!!!

yummy icing!

rice and oat flours, cheddar, almond butter and eggs

https://lovemischka.com/easy-3-ingredient-cheddar-dog-treats/ 

made some new flavored dog treats, unlike this recipe I used a mix of oat flour, rice flour and oats. I used slightly less cheese, egg whites since that's what we use, and a tbsp of almond butter. 

Milo is not adventurous with new food, for instance it took a long time to accept fish (!!!) so he sniffed, then tasted, then sniffed, took it and dropped it in the "chewing place" where he takes bones and treats, picked it up, rolled it around his mouth, spit it out, then walked away, then sneaked back and ate it. 

he liked these cookies right away

the frosting is poodle approved!!!

Milo's Moment

Milo: just when I get into chasing off an offender by barking, mama interrupts me with unintelligible words, and calling to me to come and whatnot... sheesh! It's hard for a poodle to remember why they were barking! 

Mama: I looked out and don't see why you were barking either

Milo: sure, because I chased them off! 

 

love song for February

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKpNL2Nm9SM

and, oh so lovely

now please visit these lovelies to read their lists of likes, and join us if you want... it's healthy to remember the small things that make us smile through the week

https://www.mmmquilts.com/2022/02/gratitude-61.html 

craftscaviescontras  
 
                                                                  LINKING WITH 

rosie and the boys nature pics 



25 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we love the cheddar dog treats!!! and we love your art... can we use any cheese? not sure if we have cheddar in our stores...

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've heard The Personal Librarian is a really good book, but haven't gotten it yet. Your cinnamon rolls look yummy! I hope Milo is keeping his feet warm - brrr, it has been cold!

Unknown said...

LOVE your fun art doodle, LeeAnna!! Thanks for sharing that casserole recipe (after our Zoom call yesterday.) It is delicious!! I subbed frozen for the fresh and added other veggies, as well. It's totally adaptable to what you have in the fridge or freezer! (The Joyful Quilter @ work)

Sara said...

A couple of those books are tempting me. I have to get control of the books in my "to read" stack - both on my nightstand and on my iPad. So many interesting books out there.

I have recorded the past couple of weeks of This Is Us, including the finale. I hate to see this one end.

Rebecca Jo said...

mmm - I'm totally checking out that broccoli cheese casserole!!!! I love most veggies with cheese on it :)

Shannon said...

your lake placid quilt is so soothing. Lovely and calm. And I love the idea of homemade dog treats. I have a couple recipes but they call for uncommon items I don't have in my pantry and I haven't gotten around to remembering to look for them when at the store....

Kathleen said...

Love your doodle - you are so talented. I also love that lake placid quilt - it is a knockout. I am glad Milo had something he liked...always good when the finicky ones find something to their liking!

Brian's Home Blog said...

The doodle is so pretty and coorful and so is your quilt! Your food always looks so yummy. Hey Milo, I think cookies are the better choice too!!! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Jim said...

Yummy looking scrolls.

Aritha V. said...

I love your last quilt

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I have been eyeing the book for a bit now. Gorgeous doodle, and Lake Placid is amazing. Your cinnamon rolls look better than an attempt that I made yesterday, which was written in my personal cookbook. Obviously I wrote it down, but never made it. I won't try it again. :D Great likes as always.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Love the quilt! Such beauty and creative talent. We need to bake those dog treats. They look like a winning treat! Love Milo too! LOve hearing about everyone's fur babies. Have a wonderful weekend.

Angie said...

LeeAnna - your quilt is amazing. It reminded me of how it looks when scuba diving, and you are rising from the depths of the sea to the sky. And the best part of cinnamon buns is the icing! Enjoy your weekend!

grammajudyb said...

Love your colorful doodle! And thanks for the reminder to catch up on This Is Us!,

riitta k said...

Your bakings look really delicious, nowonder Milo approves! I’ve noticed Lily Kings novel, but not yet listened to it. Happy weekend.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi, my friend. Seeing that the frosting is Milo approved is a good thing. Broccoli and cottage cheese?? Who would have thought but geez, that sounds delicious. I have some CC on the verge that should be used up, too. And broccoli in the freezer - you never know when the URGE for broccoli might hit. Or, more likely, I guilt us into including it in a healthy meal. Thanks for the link! I am reading SUCH a good book, I can't put it down . . . but alas, work dictates that I must. I have to go share the title and author in next week's post, for sure. Take care of our Milo! He does a great job keeping you safe. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Those cinnamon buns look to die for!

Maria Medeiros said...

Really lovely blog post. Full of inspiration!

Annie said...

I had to chuckle at Milo being funny with new tastes....Milly is just the same. I always say anyone would think we were trying to poison her lol.
Hugs,
Annie x

DVArtist said...

What a wonderful post. Full of beautiful art, reading and great food ideas. You should join in at Kathy's food Wednesday. http://hummingbirdwoodlandstudio.blogspot.com/ Have a very nice day.

Christine said...

Lovely work, nice to catch up with you!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful artwork ~ so colorful and food looks yummy ~ Milo is the best ~ Xo

Wishing you lots of peace in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

MissPat said...

Well, here it is, 5:30 PM on Saturday and I still have gotten an email for this post from Thursday. So I tracked it down. When I saw Milo's treat, I thought it was people cookies. Thanks for the songs. The singer on Stardust is so good.
Pat

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Oh boy, those cinnamon rolls look divine and the perfect remedy for these past several cold days. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Sandra Walker said...

Oh LeeAnna your Lake Placid quilt--!!! Be still my heart. Thanks for the links to the yummy-looking food! I'm drooling here. Will also check out the Milo-approved dog treats. Rufus is picky but Xena will eat anything...