Thursday, February 17, 2022

I Like Thursday # 284


welcome to this week's (short) list of likes. The pic above is from the post on Valentine's day of this year's Valentine quilt with dangling beads. 

I've been sewing a lot this week, forming a landscape with diamonds for project quilting... story and pics to come

I've been reading the best ebook, from amazon, Red Mountain... first in a trilogy, which the library does not have so I now have to purchase the next two on amazon, dang it!

Listening to on audio:

 

with some good ones waiting in the wings

I've been playing wordle unlimited as I can't seem to get enough 5 letter words 


 I wanted to use some unopened apple cider and try this recipe for cider muffins, they sure looked pretty! but... didn't taste like apple and called for wayaaaaaaayyyyyy too much nutmeg

Joy suggested I use our fresh spinach in a quiche... so I did

and it was perfect!!! I made the easiest recipe for crust, and it was perfect, so we had delish breakfasts for three days! recipe here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHUwGaJD2pw with only 3 ingredients plus a dab of salt. Easy peasy

on the Entertainment front...

I'm watching what's available on tv but frustrated with some shows. Even around the world in 80 days made me flinch and cry this week from prejudice and violence, on PBS ! We tried to watch olympics but then the skating scandal made me sick.... why even have a law if it isn't enforced (and the question goes also to congress) a lot of shows were not on because the Olympics were.

 I took a 5 day workshop on breath work which opened my awareness to all the different approaches to healing with breath. 

I liked talking to friends on the phone this week, and one of them suggested I bead my two valentine quilts    So I did!

 I want a donkey....


This couple was the highlight of the week for both of us. When DH hears them he comes and watches too. I laughed and laughed at this couple, (now on the Amazing Race) that does the funniest videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BHPIGAW9mM

songs that you mishear... be sure to go to youtube to read people's responses like this one....:

My coworker once sang "I've got 2 tickets to Paradise" as "I've got 2 chickens to paralyze". Very different. One is bragging. One is a to-do list.

and

“This is the dawning of the Age of Asparagus” Correct lyric: “This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius”

and best yet here's my love songs as they should be sung by your mate...OMG... so funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHZ9Pn_004A
 

Milo is doing well, but quiet this week except for excessive barking. He's a good watch poodle but has no sense when taking a bite of snow then urping up his breakfast.... never learns...

 Milo: Mama! Tell them I'm really cute, and funny and smart and cuddly with my naturally curly hair!

And I like eating snow, and do not know why I keep urping afterwards...

please visit these people to read their lists of likes... I always find things to try and watch, read and cook from them! 

craftscaviescontras  
 
                                                                  LINKING WITH 

rosie and the boys nature pics 


 

17 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we know you are da bestest pup of the world MIlo... can we get a piece of that tasty quiche please? ( Ijsut had the episode of agatha raisin in my mind , but I think your has not this special ingrediets LOL)

grammajudyb said...

I’ve been so busy trying to keep up with all the challenges I’ve put on myself! I missed your Valentine’s Day post! I love the Holderness family videos! I wonder if his wit is hard to tolerate after years and years? Anyway, I’m off to check out your heart quilt and add spinach to my shopping list so I can make a quiche! Yum!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I loved your quilted heart and that quiche looks yummy. The misheard lyrics of love songs was laugh out loud funny! Thanks for sharing their videos - I love them, but don't often come across them anymore.

Kathleen said...

This post is making me hungry! Lots of great things for me to go back and watch, and you reminded me I skipped wordle this morning so off to do that, too. Give Milo a scratch for me...trying to get Percy to eat his breakfast before we are both out for afternoon errands.

Shirley said...

Yes the skating scandal is so awful, we never trust the result of the Russians anymore, a shame. Love the pie crust recepy, did you bake the crust first or threw the spinach/egg etc in with it at once?

Brian's Home Blog said...

That quilt heart sure is pretty and your food always looks so delicious! Hey Milo, I didn't know you were a snow hound! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Michele Morin said...

Lots of fun and interesting details here!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I'm mad about the Olympics too. If a substance is banned for everyone, you shouldn't bend the rules. It's so not fair. I love your hear quilt! Your quiche looks delicious!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

OH Milo when you gulp/eat snow not a good outcome. Your muffins look good, but not much apple flavor huh? Funny some recipes are great and others you have to tweak and tweak. Your valentine quilt is lovely. I just watched a video on donkeys, how they are overfed the majority of them in the US are obese and have adipose tissue which causes a disease like diabetes in them.

PaintedThread said...

Mmmm.. quiche is always good. Love that heart with beads. Milo, you silly dog.

Kathe W. said...

Oh my Milo leave some quiche for me!

Sara said...

I love quiche, but my husband doesn't. Maybe I need to buy the small pie crusts and just make individual quiche for me! He can have the plain scrambled eggs then. LOL That apple cider muffin recipe sounds great.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Yum, that quiche looks amazing!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Unlimited Wordle?!!! I couldn't even read any further until I went and checked that out. Needless to say . . . I have to run and test out my intelligence with 5 letter words. I seem to be a bit lacking! HAHA! {{Hugs}} And yes, Milo is cute and funny and SMART. ~smile~ Roseanne

Angie said...

LeeAnna - your Valentine quilt is lovely. And I adore quiche ... my hubby does not like to make them much because he insists on making home-made pastry, which is time-consuming! Enjoy your weekend!

riitta k said...

Your quiche looks delicious and I too love the Valentine’s Day quilt. I have been watching the Olympics, Finland fights of gold in icehockey against Russia tomorrow. Otherwise pretty dull winter days here.

Susie H said...

Funny stuff, LeeAnna. My husband follows that couple on Twitter. I watch them on Amazing Race. Ha! I hated the whole Russian Skater Scandal too but I'm still watching the Olympics. I enjoy watching the athletes and rooting on Team USA. Have a great weekend!