Saturday, August 15, 2020

Sewing Saturday purple lozenges

 It was a busy week of sewing and creative pursuits here at Chez LeeAnna's!

I did the purple lozenge blocks for the RSC this month... 

which means, I also had a lot of little 1 1/2" HST's left over... I started playing with those...

the paper on the right is some google images I printed out to start my engines running

I really like this arrangement but would want more hst units so maybe in future...

then this caught my eye...

sewn together it's 7" X 10"
More on this one next week... it's now almost finished! and I used some of my painted fabric!
 
I put my purple scraps to use in some handwork too.
 

...some tumbling blocks. From right to left the stages

>cut out and collect three shades 

> combine with the template into a wee kit to sew during TV time

>a lot

>baste to the paper

>sew into a block

I finished the next Flower challenge piece, that will post next Wednesday hopefully! No teaser pics... but it's done!

Here is the one I posted last Wednesday...

 

Link to detailed photos right here!

  

in case you're here from Tuesday is for T.... I'm drinking iced tea made from constant comment plus green tea, half decaf!

worked a bit on the applique for the green strips quilt

This week I got out my fabric, paints, stencils, inks and made three pieces to turn into art quilts soon... that post is here :Painting on fabric

 

So this week, I used my scraps, my paints, my supplies so that's a win! right?  

Linking to

wendysquiltsandmore peacock party (quilts)
http://frombolttobeauty.blogspot.com/ 

off the wall Fridays
can I get a whoop whoop Fridays 
http://www.inquiringquilter.com/ Wednesday wait loss
Midweek makers wednesdays  

T stands for Tuesday... 

design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays  

oh Scrap Sundays 
 slow stitching Sundays

http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

36 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
Love how you have been stayng so creative with what you have in your studio the last months ! Thanks for sharing! Cool HST's !
hugs,
Joanne

Norma Schlager said...

I am loving that flower block. Also like the second arrangement of the HST, the one that looks like a chain. You get so much accomplished in one week!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots of fun with PURPLE scraps, LeeAnna... once you got started! Is that a sweet little butterfly to applique down on the long green piece? That will be a lovely addition to the growing composition.

Cathy said...

Your flower series has been fun, but #5 is definitely #1 in my book! It’s absolutely dead gorgeous!!!!! You’ve got mad talent.

Barbara said...

Beautiful work all around (“Around the World” is a always favorite). Purples always work well for me too. Beautiful flower series!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Win. Win. Win.

Preeti said...

I have pictured Chez LeeAnna's as a place that is full of joy, warmth and creativity. If the Passionate Purple Progress Pieces are any indication then I am right :-) Thinking of you today and sending you warm squishy hugs.

piecefulwendy said...

Fun to see all the purple, but I love those flowers!

Deb A said...

Sounds like a win to me! You have some great projects in the works. I love that second photo of the hst's... really neat.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love all the fun things you try with your bonus HSTs! That last one is great! Sounds like you've had fun creating this week.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Beautiful! Love watching your process!

grammajudyb said...

Bonus triangles for the win. I like your little mini! I’m anxious to see your next flower in the series! Soooo gorgeous!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Beautiful use of purple!

Kim said...

Purple loveliness abounds at your place. How fabulous your painted flower is.

Miaismine said...

Your works are so inspiring and pretty! What a wonderful mini tutorial! Take good care!

CathieJ said...

Oh I love the way that the HST's make a wonderful geometric square block. I would keep it that way. All of your stitching is beautiful.

Quilter Kathy said...

A total win! Love that you use all the scrap pieces... a quilter after my own heart :)
I am going to hop over to your painting on fabric link.
Thanks for taking the time to link up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers!

Kate Yetter said...

Your flower block is so gorgeous! Very detailed and colorful. And the purple one is lovely as well. You have a lot going on in your quilts and I love it. Looking forward to seeing how the fabric painting goes.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lee Anna, welcome to T Stands For Tuesday. You make lovely quilts, especially art quilts. I love that you paint your own fabric, too. Thanks for sharing with us for T this Tuesday. Hope to see you there again with a drink of your choice.

Eileen Bergen said...


Welcome to our T-party, Leaanna. Your quilts and art are stunning! I look forward to seeing more.

Happy T-Day! Eileen xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful quilt and wow, your flower artwork looks amazing - I love it 😀. Take care and Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Karen said...

WOW~ so beautiful~ LOVE your current creation and the flower ~ Just beautiful! Blessings on your week ~

My name is Erika. said...

Great art. Your quilting is beautiful. Hope it was a happy T day. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

The flower piece is just gorgeous and the butterfly is so sweet. Beautiful work. Happy T Day

DVArtist said...

Ohhh the purple is just fabulous. You are so talented.

Lisca said...

Hello Leeanna, your blog is new to me, so welcome to the T-Party.
Your purple quilt is beautiful. I hope you will join us again and show us the finished product.
The butterfly applique for the strip quilt is beautiful. I have never seen a strip quilt. Please show us what that looks like. I am intrigued.
You are certainly very talented.
Happy belated T-Day,
Lisca

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely quilt and flower fabric art. I like the purples. Happy Belated T-Day!

Sharon Madson said...

Love your quilt projects, absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Happy Day!

Angela said...

Yes, definitely a win! I love your painted flower!

Rebecca Grace said...

I love following you down your creative rabbit holes, with the scraps from one project sparking inspiration for the next project. You can do so many different things from HSTs, can’t you?

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Love. love, love the twist effect you achieved with the hst. Reminds me of my early days playing with all the different arrangements for log cabin blocks. Also, I'm a big fan of the off center arrangement. Blown away by all you achieve/work on in a single week.

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

Your flower challenge is ... just wow!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Beautiful, love the big flower, Chrisx

dq said...

Great lozenge blocks. I have not seen that block before! You are pretty awesome to save the triangles for use. I generally throw mine away. I dislike piecing hst's although they are so needed in many quilts.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Lovely! You're doing such great work. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

bmt Promotions said...

Thanks for sharing your great ideas, thank you so much and keep share.
Lozenge Keyring UK
Promotional Spectrum Sport