Friday, August 7, 2020

paint party Friday...

 

 Welcome to paint party Friday, and my weekly painting post. I just did two painted sketches this week, and finished a fiber piece that was inspired by one of my paintings. 

The pink flower above was going to be a mandala, and I liked the simplicity of it, so I left it. 

I think I like the edge of the petals, and the mix of paint by dragging the brush across two pans at once. 

The other one was to be an experiment with mixing the two colors on one brush stroke, then writing over it... 

this is what comes of using a black marker without planning the sketch... weird body parts drawn over petals!! Still... I looked at it and thought, well, be flamboyant! Do... YOU! so I wrote that in and stopped fussing over it

she looks like someone I'd like to know!

I love this quote:


Robert Hayden said,
“Art is not an escape, but a way of finding order in chaos, a way of confronting life.”

 I've been working on a fiber art series inspired by a painting I did of a pink flower, and tomorrow I will do a whole post on this one. The painting was photo'd and printed in gray scale on fabric. Then I colored it in with prismacolor pencils, and made a quilt from it. That's tomorrow's post!

Linking to

https://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

Sara said...

Love the little glimpse we get of the quilted painted piece. You are enjoying the process as well as the final products. Good job!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Thanks for the glimpse to how you arrive at such pretty flowers.
Enjoy!

Christine said...

Love these simple pieces

sirkkis said...

Your flowers are delicate and beautiful. Like the cute figure peeking out the flower 😊
Happy weekend ❤️

Valerie-Jael said...

Pretty pieces, simple but so effective. Happy PPF, Valerie

Barbara said...

I felt the same way about your first photo, so perfectly beautiful in its simplicity!

Gillena Cox said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous work LeeAnn. Happy you dropped by my blog today

Much👩‍🎨love

DVArtist said...

These are amazing. I agree with Robert Hayden. Have a very nice weekend.

Molly the Airedale said...

Love your work! Happy Friday!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

That shade of pink is exquisite!

Clare Lloyd said...

Lovely art

MissPat said...

Your flower paintings just keep getting better and better. Looking forward to tomorrow's quilting post.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your new pink flower made me smile. LOVE the quirky vibe it seems to be giving off! I'll be interested to see how you will build a mandala around it.

lissa said...

The first flowers looks great.

Have a lovely day.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty! And the quote so true! :)

Linda Kunsman said...

lovely flower art- and what a fun sketch with the colorful flower petals- love it!