Sunday, May 24, 2020

hope



These words from Kate Bowler; “Hope doesn’t mean we are blind to all that is broken”

I LOVED this podcast, am working my way through ALL of her podcasts as she is like a lifeline to me, and feel it's important in so many ways to hear. She is one of those special people who is beautiful. Inside and out, she speaks truth and always kind with fascinating interviews.

https://podcasts.google.com make us gardeners



My poodle has a long nose that sometimes reminds me of Bob Hope.... a man who toured military bases to uphold our soldiers fighting for US far from home...


these two young men gave me hope and laughter today. I mean I LOVE the carpenters especially talented alto Karen... too soon gone.... but they review her song, never having heard her. VERY respectful and funny take on my music from the 70's! enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LToUNooinYw

while you're at it... this guy is also way cool reviewing the carpenters for the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoVaBVsgP2c&list=RDDoVaBVsgP2c&start_radio=1&t=9

Finally, I found a young woman (Shane Ericks) who sings all the carpenter's songs and sounds eerily like Karen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCiFwtdb-vw

 keep your chins up....hugs from afar.... love you....

8 comments:

Rosec said...

Thank you for sharing the video of the two young men listening. I have always loved the Carpenters. That clear voice of Karen Carpenter is awesome. I'm glad that they are still appreciated by the younger generation. Love your blog.

Debbie V. said...

Nobody has ever rivaled Karen in my opinion - for emotion, clarity and pure beauty of voice. Richard's background arrangements. Their Christmas album is my #1.

Mary in Boulder said...

"That was good, man!" Loved seeing these.

Meditations in Motion said...

Love the quote about hope. So true! I am going to check out the podcasts. I had to laugh when you compared your dog to Bob Hope! :D

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I loved The Carpenters! I was about 14 when they were popular and everyone wanted to wear their hair like Karen. Bob Hope was a national treasure. Loved his road-trip movies with Bing Crosby and Dorothy Lamour. I was the neighborhood babysitter and stayed up late on weekends watching them. Love your hope quote. Thanks for the wonderful links. x Karen

Ann said...

Thanks for the links to different videos. Milo does look like Bob. How funny!

Jeanna said...

You know I would check out that reaction to the Carpenters vid if I had enough energy left. I'm afraid all I can do right now is check to see if they're having fried chicken tomorrow at my favorite curbside pick up. I LOVED the Carpenters and there you have it, I was not one of the cool kids.
There's this standard poodle that prances down the street now and again that makes me wonder what Milo would make of her or him. Kind of the Kim Kardashian of poodles.
Bob Hope nose, LOL! Did they call that a "ski jump" nose?

Angie said...

LA - I haven't watched these videos yet, but I will tomorrow. I love Karen Carpenter, and I look forward to seeing what they have to say. And I will check out the podcasts - thanks for looking out for all of us by alerting us to these great resources!