Friday, May 8, 2020

watching paint dry...

I spent a good amount of time painting on paper this week. Too much to go into today, for instance I'll save the bottom two works that I did in art therapy lessons for another post as I played around with them a lot.
I was inspired by my friend in Hawaii's rooster image this week https://sonjahagemanndesigns.blogspot.com/
I loved his blue/black feathers and the heart on his side
speaking of inspiration from blogs, my friend Monika (link here!) had a photo of her poppy that I decided to interpret
and display on my desk in the kitchen. Thank you Monika!
While watching a tribute to Sondheim on youtube I painted two more portraits, the center top, and the far right. Each time I work on an interesting face, I learn how to capture different mouths, different eyes, ad gestures. I am enjoying having a little grid to fill in keeping them in one location.

The tree image was from creationceecee lesson...
 I added in finetec metallic gold paint, love that, and found a quote to add in... like a prayer

“A true artist is not one who is inspired but one who inspires others.”Salvador Dali

LINKING WITH
https://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You have been having fun with your art and that is always good. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

easyweimaraner said...

I love the tree!!!! I once had the idea to draw one over the whole wall with a quote on every leaf... I failed pitiful, but I still like the idea ...

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
a rooster, poppy, tree and faces ! A colorful begin to the month of May !
Yes, I spent a bit of time stitching...then back inside to get something..once settled in...again back inside to get something!
Was a learning experience!
hugs,
Joanne

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful art! I especially love the poppy, and did see the CeeCee has a YT video on the tree but haven't watched it- yet. Yousr is lovely. happy PPF!

Barbara said...

Great display of a week’s art! Love the rooster especially. 😄

Molly the Airedale said...

Love your paintings - especially the poppy - my favorite flower!

Angie said...

Awesome painting. The rooster is super cool. Your faces are so neat and I really like the poppy and tree as well. Just Great!! Enjoy your day!! 🌻💙🌞

Sara said...

The poppy - WOW! I've said it before but you have some big skills with the botanicals especially.

Debra said...

Love the poppy especially. Oh-the faces too!

denthe said...

Oh, I love your little portraits in the grid! What a fun idea! And that tree is lovely. Love the soft colours. Take care & happy PPF xox

peppylady (Dora) said...

Flower shading is very nice.
PPF

Crafting Queen said...

These are wonderful, love the chicken!

DVArtist said...

A lot of beautiful art here. The roster is amazing great job.

Susan said...

Such a beautiful post today! Keeping the portraits on a grid is such a clever idea and keeps you going till it is all full. Happy PPF on Sat.

sonja said...

You did a good job of capturing Roosty with your painting!
you might like to know he has a little brother i call Rusty 'cause he is smaller and has a bit more rust color along with his creamy white and shiny black feathers, especially the iridescent tail feathers. I always enjoy your thursdays' likes !

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Your artwork is getting better and better with each week! Way to stick to it.