Monday, August 26, 2019

The Week Ahead, late august 2019

printed my waterlily photo onto cotton fabric to create with!
Welcome to this week's Happy Homemaker post. I almost didn't do one, I just couldn't get into writing this morning, but here's an abbreviated one!
looking out on the morning rays!

The weather this week in Aurora CO
Right now, perfect, and it's rare to hear me say that. The sun is shining, the skies are blue and it's around 70F. It's been blisteringly hot for so long, that even die-hard CO lovers are wishing it would cool off. Oh don't get too excited for me, it's heating up and fast throughout the week.
it's cooler when the sun is behind clouds!

DH and I were discussing the weather this weekend as we went to a lovely mountain craft show when there was solid cloud cover making it very nice to be there. We both thought, this being high desert sort of, that it would be like Utah, hot during the sunny parts, and really cooled off at night. It doesn't really cool off here in Aurora at night, it gets less hot though.

This morning I'm....
doing blogging business, wearing the last comfortable shorts that are clean with a t shirt from Garden of the Gods, that says happy trails. I had cashew granola with greek yogurt for breakfast with strong coffee and milk. I've walked the pup a couple miles, done two loads out of four laundry, and folded the clean clothes done yesterday. I'm wandering in and out of the studio, really wanting to work in there today.

To Do
Oh what's the point of making a list I never accomplish? lol
There is the daily mundane work to keep us going, which is boring but somehow comforting.
I'd like to paint each day, work in the sewing studio making art and sorting stuff
I'd like to read more and listen to the book on cd.
I finally returned some books to the library and picked up a variety of them to bring home.

Reading
I love bringing home an asst of books as I feel rich. It's like seeing a new magazine show up in the mail... I'm reluctant to start looking at it til I have time to wallow in the newness and pretty pictures.

Finishing the tea shop mystery and looking at getting the next in series. I am on wait list to read the next Rhys Bowen. Listening to The Garden on cd as had to turn in the book before done.

So many quilt making and drawing books to look at! I own a lot too... when will one human use them? in the words of Scarlet O'Hara, I'll think about that tomorrow.

Watching
Love Songland!!! Even if I'm not into rap or country, the three producers who work with undiscovered songwriters, are just absolutely wonderful to watch. Their creativity and talent along with humility is nothing short of reassuring.
I'm watching Say yes to the dress... OMG imagine spending $10,000 on one dress! I was a poor social worker when dh and I planned our wedding and paid for it. He was just finishing up his masters and unemployed. I bought my lace dress at Macy's outlet and was thrilled to have it for $20.
Sill watching Master Chef, sorry to see Southern Charm Charleston ending for the season, watching the current BBC Great Baking Show... again humble normal people who are greatly talented.
I'm enjoying Bring the Funny, a competition show for comedians.
Watching JOY on ACORN a comedy set in Ireland
I'm frustrated with bachelor in Paradise. I look forward to the fun and antics in the summer, but now they are allowing someone to bring in a person she dated before the show... they are supposed to be free to find love, not come in with it, so she hurt the man who fell for her there, and the producers are allowing her prior love to move right in!!! No fair!

Making
I may not be sewing as much (back issues) but I'm painting and being creative. Working on figuring out the composition of a southwest piece here...

 lots of intricate sewing done on paper with a palette of colors outside my comfort zone. I do love the colors however.
When you are designing your own patterns and compositions, it takes time and thought, along with some inspiration, courage, and magic to make it come together. One must be brave enough to make mistakes, keep trying and working at it.

eating
we are enjoying the fruit of the season... a sugar cantelope was just amazing this week, and the peaches and honeycrisp apples are too. We are having grapes again,


slightly processed but delish. We didn't drink alcohol for years but are starting to have a little again in the weekend porch sitting on early evenings.

Inspiration
People with integrity, honesty, and humor. Thank you.

Tired of
people who demand their way... all the time, driving, politically, in stores, on tv, around town...
It's all about sharing y'all.

Nice moment
I met someone at the mountain craft show, while standing in line to try chilies on potatoes. She was an older woman from England who's lived here for 25 years. We found so much in common, not the least of which was that we are here to love not hate others. She worked with hospice for years so we had a nice discussion of souls and why we come, and come back to earth. Nice to meet someone for even a short time, who is intelligent, kind and interesting, isn't it?
A wall of beauty not a wall of division
Linking to
cheesy photos at ched curtain
happy homemaker monday

13 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

I love the wall of beauty... and I wish we had more such walls than "those" walls who separate us ;O(

Sara said...

I'm with you on the whole "division" thing. I have a quilting friend who rants about politics. I feel on edge around her just waiting for the next comments. Enjoy the beautiful weather. We're seeing sun today and also mid-70s with enough breeze to keep off the bugs. Just about perfect.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I didn't know that Colorado is high desert country. Always thought of it as cool alpine, but then I've only been through Colorado in late May, June, and early July way back when our climate was different. 70s is ideal temps for me. I can take higher temps only if there's an ocean breeze.
I love your colorful drawings, LA. Purple Milo is adorable. A wall of color like yours inspires tolerance, if not friendship, among people. That drawing goes along with the one you did with the mask.
I'm impressed you can print a detailed image on fabric. I must try that one day.

Julierose said...

Love that Wall of Beauty and your conversation..so in tune with all that...
I am resting after my marathon-fold-a-thon,,phew--now i really don't want to mess it up lol..
Did you draw your own papers for your piecing? How amazing...it's looking fabulous even at this stage...nice work hugs and hang in there Julierose

Jean said...

Laughing at your slightly processed grapes comment. Interesting looking wine bottles. Hope it cools down and stays that way for you soon. Always enjoy seeing your art sprinkled through the posts. Have a wonderful week!

Jodi said...

Love the poodle pic, and the wall of Beauty! I am not getting/digging Big Brother this time either...

Luludou said...

What a great assortment of books you picked up! very interesting. Gread poodle pic. Have a great week

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
super idea! printing the photo on fabric ! I'll have to try that!
The Southwest sure looks good! wall of beauty can be on fabric too!
You did end up writing quite a bit today!
hugs,
Joanne

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Wine on the porch on the porch is a lovely way to spend an evening. Bravo!

Angie said...

LA - you can meet a kindred spirit anywhere, right? I felt an immediate affinity with one of our campmates last week. We had several great conversations in the 16 hours we shared. I will probably never see him again, but I will remember him for a long time. Enjoy the rest of your week!

MissPat said...

The water lily on fabric looks just like a photograph. And I love the purple poodle. Can you dye Milo purple? I suppose not, it wouldn't be good for him. You do know, you wouldn't be any happier if you had gotten married in a $10,000 dress. Summer is winding down here. Getting cooler and dark earlier. I'm really not ready for our 6 months of winter yet.
Pat

Sandra Walker said...

Great post LeeAnna. I love hearing about that conversation with a lady from England... especially the souls coming to earth and coming back to Earth part. Well also the England part since I was just there...ahhh. See you tomorrow for I Like/Love. :-)

Ann said...

Rocky Ford cantaloupe are so sweet. Yummy. Eating local is a joy, isn't it?