Saturday, August 31, 2019

dance... dance I know!

I Like to dance, and watch people dance! I love the dance shows on tv but I really loved watching these videos of how regular people like me danced in the 40's... swing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHANNkKBSNU

And this wonderful video of the early twenties faze, the charleston... so much to it! It was happy and active, it showed off a woman's knees that were beginning to emerge from their clothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ7SNTSq-9o

now that's dance!
warning! personal commentary!: 
I don't like a lot of current dance that looks like sex on the floor, too obvious! Or showing too much skin in your clothing... more seductive to show a silhouette that's clingy, to leave something to imagine is under there than displaying side boob. ick.
I do love the clingy silhouettes of the 30's cocktail wear, bias cut and slinky silks.

When  you dance, feeling the momentum carrying you around, feeling in sync with a partner, being lifted and flying (I used to be lift-able and still remember the feeling) while being held onto.... it's a good thing!!!

IMHO there is nothing sexier than a man who knows how to be a partner!

I love history in most forms and know some of you might as well. Anyone out there like me, know how to swing dance or charleston ?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I wish I knew how to swing dance! That would be so much fun! Entrepreneur in not much of a partner dancer. I do love to watch professional dancers. The human form in motion is so beautiful. But, I agree....when moves are corrupted to the point of obscene, it's stops being beautiful.