Friday, August 30, 2019

paint party Friday

It's paint party Friday! Actually it's paint party all the time around here lately!
The Muse
I thought I'd do a little gift card to enclose with something for my dog loving friend, but... this happens all the time, I get attached and love it! I love this little poodle so much it's got to live here, and I'll need to do another one for my friend.
just tore up some mixed media paper and folded it after painting

I've been doing a little sketch daily onto my calendar... the top image is the kitchen table chair from my angle while doing computer work. The coleus and eggplant and tomato are visible from same point. I researched some Native american symbols to quilt into my SW quilt (top right) and tried to sketch in black and white a flower from my yard. I couldn't do it in pen, too dark, so I tried going over it with yellow marker.
I did a tutorial of Shayda Campbell on drawing mountains, love her approach!! Then I just wanted to keep using my black pigma 05 pen so I did some leaves for fun. I really like black and white.
 this is the tutorial
 
link: here

A few weeks ago I got some printed rice paper at the art supply store, and the clerk said, you can't use your markers on it, it will fall apart. Well it didn't. 
I colored in some motifs, cut them out and put on some torn mixed media paper for little halloween cards. Since I just colored in part near the edge, some bones were missing, so I drew them in.

So much fun. I used my tombow markers, and the waterbrush.
Now this piece makes me really happy! I love the union of the boy and girl, making music on stars!

Because the torn paper was there in front of me, and the markers there in front... I just went ahead and tried markers overlapping, then dragging water brush, then overlaying marker... fun!
the picture doesn't do this justice... the colors blended and ran and created new colors. Stay tuned for a video on making it!
Linking to
https://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

well done we love your cards.... oh how I wish to be a little bit talented to make some cute things :O)

Sandee said...

Anytime I get to see Milo is a good day. He's so handsome. Love the cards too. You're so crafty.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches to Milo. ♥

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your cards and the skeletons super cute.

sirkkis said...

I love happy Milo 💓🐩
All paintings are nice.
Happy PPF 💗

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of beautiful art and Milo is fantastic, no wonder you didn't want to part with him! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Maria Medeiros said...

Beautiful pieces of art! I love the rice paper pieces so much and I can understand why you want to keep the lovely poodle puppy. So cute! :) Lovely art and have a beautiful weekend! Happy PPF!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that card. Too cute.

Christine said...

Lovely art, happy PPF!

Linda Kunsman said...

Lots of fun projects here! As for your card, I will sometimes make or purchase some prints of a piece I love and then I can keep the original:) Happy PPF!

Sue (this n that) said...

Wow Leanna, you've certainly had painting, sketching fun all week. It was delightful following your photos down the page as you told us what you'd done.
Love all your cards, they are beautiful and full of happy quirkiness. Happy PPF!

Molly the Airedale said...

Love your gift card! It's fabulous!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Thanks for the video from Shayda- can't wait to try those mountains. The Halloween cards are adorable.

Lisa said...

You are so creative! I love your drawings and paintings...even if they are not on Fridays! xoxo