Wednesday, December 19, 2018

31 days of posts The strong connection between us



Today, as a follow up to yesterday's condolence card quilt, I offer an older story, but my favorite story.


I now have the irrepressible puppy Milo as my companion.

yep, he's holding a flamingo in his mouth
At this holiday, with only the three of us as family, I am remembering my labradaughter Chelsea and my poodle son Cole who are in Heaven now.

Their bodies wore out but their spirits remained.

When Cole passed I thought I might perish from grief. So sad, I walked a million miles seeking comfort, and along the way found love in the form of....


(this is the link to my story)  A Litter of Extroverts
it's a story of love and connection, and healing.

I just read it again, and it's still the favorite essay I've written to date. Please enjoy... and if you get a chance, even if you're allergic like I am, pet a cat today.

ps Milo is doing his best to make me laugh, to make me yell (PUT THAT DOWN)...

...and to show his love. He's my little companion. Two quick Milo stories...

When I was working in Studio 2 one day this week,  he looked for a long time out the window, a window meant for a poodle to gaze out of... just the right size and height.
Well, a poodle never forgets.

One morning this week, Dad lifted him off the big bed, took off his nightshirt, and Milo took off prancing down the hall! Not down the stairs as usual... Daddy followed him to studio 2, where he saw Milo's poof tail facing him, as Milo looked out the window.

Daddy was surprised and smiled at the scene.
Milo: What a miracle! Being able to survey the entire street! How come I can see it all???
(Mama: I left the blinds open)

Daddy just went downstairs without him.

another little Milo story

One day last week, as I sat in front of the tv, having my lunch of a turkey sandwich, Milo took up place in front of the TV, and stared at me...

Milo: well, I can't bark English like they do, but I sent mental waves that I too, liked turkey and cheese and was quite ready for some more food. After all it's cold, they shaved off most of my curls, and I needed fuel.

I asked was he hungry, and he said, yup. He laid down quietly where he was. I put my plate on the high coffee table and looked down to see he was staying. "What a good boy" I said, "now stay while I fix your lunch" I walked into the kitchen, looked back, and he was still down. "He's really growing up!" I thought as I reached for his bowl.

I put in kibble, and water, and heated it for a few seconds to make a nice gravy. I looked at him several times, and he remained down. "My baby is turning into quite a good fellow!"

I watched him as I walked to his food stand, bent to place the bowl in the stand, stood up and turned around to see my "opportunist" finishing off my half sandwich. Just like that. Quick as a bunny, he ate it all and left no evidence of the theft.

Oh my dog.

Li
Linking to
viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/

 
thankful-thursday-blog-hop-
pet parade 

10 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

I sometimes think they know when we need a smile or a good laugh... they have a sense for the moments when we walk a memory lane what makes us so sad and they are there to hold our hands and to bring us back to a road plastered with some oh-sh*t moments but also with smiles and grins ;O)

Sara said...

Milo will swear to the judge that he was set up with that sandwich. LOL Aren't animals funny - and fun?

Heather Pregger said...

What would we do without them? Milo sounds like the perfect companion, if you can stand to lose a few sandwiches.....

Sandee said...

I see nothing wrong with what Milo did. You did leave the sandwich and that's a huge invitation.

I linked this post to Wordless Wednesday.

Have a woof woof day, Milo and keep up the good work. My best to your mom. ♥

Ann said...

That Milo! What a treat to have him with you and DH for Christmas.

Jean said...

Aw, I loved your story about the cats. So did our resident little gray cat who keeps us on our toes around here. And a dog has to have a sandwich once in a while.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We enjoyed your kitty story too and Milo knows how to enjoy a good yum! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

M. K. Clinton said...

Y'all are so funny! Thanks for sharing ♥

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

LOL, that sandwich was just too tempting. Love the Milo story. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend. I want to thank you for all the visits and comments on my blog this past year. I am looking forward to visiting your blog in 2019. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Gotta love it when you can check out the street scene from the window.