Saturday, June 13, 2020

Saturday 9

Whoopie! Another meme to answer... these are like conversations at a party!





1) The Cowsills were a family band who had three hit singles. Can you name another group of popular singing siblings? 
A:My first thought was Donny and Marie, but someone mentioned the Carpenters.... how I loved Karen's voice!



2) This was their first hit, and it reached #2 on the Billboard charts. It was kept out of the #1 slot by the Monkees and "Daydream Believer." What's your favorite Monkees song?
A: For sure, Last train to Clarksville. 
I always loved Mickie not Davy... then liked Peter. I prefer character in faces to pretty boys and always have


3) After seeing the Cowsill brothers perform with their mother and sister, TV producers were inspired to create the sitcom, The Partridge Family. Did you ever watch it?



A: Oh yes. I saw it again recently and hooboy... it's the 70's for sure


4) In the song, the narrator takes a flower from a girl in the park. Are there flowers in your home right now?
A: Sadly no. So I'm painting them a lot lately! And making quilts of them!


5) He isn't sure if the girl was real, or if he dreamed her. Tell us about a recent dream you had.

A: I've had the most vivid dreams lately, then can't remember them!!

6) At the height of the Cowsills' popularity, they were hired by the American Dairy Association to promote drinking milk. If we were to peek into your refrigerator right now, would we find any milk?
A: you'd find Horizon organic milk, whole for my coffee, skm for nightime drinking before bed, and cream for dh's coffee. Plus yogurt

7) After the band stopped performing together, John Cowsill went on to become a back up musician for the Beach Boys. His job has kept him on the road much of the time. When you travel, do you enjoy staying in hotels, or would you rather stay with friends/family?
A: my family is not that friendly but hotels usually are!

8)  In 1967, the year this song was popular, Elvis married Priscilla in Las Vegas. Have you attended any weddings yet this year? Are there any weddings in your future?
A: with the pandemic? nope

9) Random question: Are the bottoms of your feet ticklish?

A: poor bottoms of my feet are so dry now, they used to be ticklish but thank goodness no one tickles them these days!

LInking to
http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

Lori said...

It is sad people are having to reschedule weddings and not many at funerals. It is so messed up. I have a wedding I am still planning to go to in the fall, but we shall see. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I agree on Karen Carpenter. I'm a rock guy, but music library includes them...

Annie said...

Horizon milk here as well. Love that its organic.
Karen's voice was very silky and smooth.

Susan said...

I love your header. I color in my Bible! I think we have Horizon milk but it is expensive.

Nonnie said...

I think the Horizon milk lasts forever. I don't think I've ever had one go sour. When I go for a pedicure, I always hear the same routine about my dry feet! Haha!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Isn't trying to recapture a dream a frustrating and futile act? The harder I try to recall, the faster they dissipate. They simply evaporate and poof, what dream?

Me, Myself, and I said...

Thanks for visiting! Love Horizon--that's the 1/2 and 1/2 I use. Fairlife is pretty tasty too!

CountryDew said...

I loved Karen Carpenter's voice, too. Never been another one like it.

The Gal Herself said...

I really relate to your answer about hotels and families.

I have my first pedi of 2020 scheduled for next week. I'm afraid the nail tech will deserve combat pay.

Stacy said...

I didn't crush on Davy, either. It was Peter for me.

Julie said...

Karen Carpenter's voice was one of a kind, that's for sure. I wish she was still with us.

My fave Monkees were Peter, then Mike.

MissPat said...

My answer to #1 would have been the Bee Gees, but I did like the Carpenter's. So sad she died so young. We stay with lots of different friends and some family on our annual trip down south. I'm afraid that we might not be able to go next year. It's really cold here today, high of 59 degrees.
Pat

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Ahhh, the Cowsills...balladeers par excellence! Recalling their songs reminds me how groovy the music was back in the 1970's.

Helen L said...

yes, Karen Carpenter's voice was so beautiful!! It makes my husband cry every time he hears her songs though, because it is so sad that she passed away so young. A loss to us all!! I loved reading your answers: it made me remember some of the old good music of my teen years! And I've never had a pedicure! I guess I'm too cheap to spend the money on one: I'd rather spend it on some fun fabric! :-) Have a wonderful week!! Hugs, H