Thursday, June 4, 2020

I LIke Thursday #196

bird's eye view
Welcome to this week's list of likes.
I am not ignoring the issues going on in my country, I am heartsick over them. I also know that when going through bad times, humans need a break emotionally, for balance of good and evil.

 Now in an effort to balance the American Horror story we face,  here are some likes for the week
a neighbor's white flamingos... very rare!

 I liked painting this week, and reading comments from other people who find respite in painting 
more on Paint Party Friday post
I added in details you'll see tomorrow
 Several people encouraged me to print out my pink flower on fabric, so I tried using my printable fabric, but the printer messed up and printed in black and white.
More on Sewing Saturday
  On to the "like" part of this, I decided to use it as a design challenge! More on Saturday


I like seeing this sculpture when we come and go

I was uplifted by this little musical family (link sent by my friend Sonja in HI) 
that little girl is going places, mark my words!  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc3QANpzsPM

I have loved, truly loved Diana Krall's talent for years but this video of Elvis Costello, Elton John interviewing her, and her musical interpretations was amazing. About midway, she plays a song one way, then another that takes my breath away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx3L5X0EC_w

The show "Spectacle"  on youtube in many episodes, has awesome interviews with big named singers

We started the series Shitt's Creek on netflix.Very funny with intelligently written humor

We are on the last episode of Tim Gunn's design show on Prime. So good! Very different than Project Runway, and great views of Paris, Tokyo and NYC before the pandemic.

We made meatloaf again... (no pics) we haven't made this since the move years ago!
Because of allergies we use ground chicken, and mix in a tube of turkey sausage, panko crumbs, oatmeal, bbq sauce and heinz 57 sauce and ketchup, add garlic and basil and sauted onion/bellpepper,  top with turkey bacon. Lasts for many meals and is wonderful.

Like my niece said after moving out on her own, if you didn't make enough for leftovers you've wasted your time.

Loved hearing this podcast about finding a moment of Joy in hard times
podcast/gary-haugen-joy-is-the-oxygen

I've done some good blueprint classes this week and learned the class may be 10 hours long but a person needs to take it in small bites, to digest the lessons 

I enjoyed the Irish people who try different foods so much I went to EPCOT with them...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnJ03p1EMVs

I like having constitutional rights as an American...
Dear Mr. president, you vowed to uphold this:
". Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"
what can I do to help, Mama?
Milo's Moments
Whew y'all!  it was hard keeping Mama going this week. She was crying, or sewing, or painting but I did my best to make her laugh. I think I have a natural talent for clowning. For instance, I will grab a toy outta the toybox inside, and stare at the Daddy til he gets up off his perch and chases me in circles around the coffee table. I don't know why they call it that, it's not made of coffee. Anyway Daddy can't catch me cause it's round and he only has two legs!
Poor humans!
So he loses interest, and I slow down to make him think he has a chance, then he catches up and I change direction! Ha! Hahahahahahaha! that's fun.
Or a thirsty day!!
Sometimes I have a hungry day, ever have one of those? Where you just want another cup of kibble?? Well I've been kind of hungry lately. I am also wanting not only my nightly alligator chewie (again, it's not made of alligators, like the coffee table) but also a chew stick of good stuff for my joints.
Did I just hear the garage door??? The Daddy always comes in after I hear that!

Hey Mama, like you say banana cake is just fruit.... the chew stick is just medicine!

Now, sit! Stay! Visit these people finding joy in their weeks too, and join us if you wrote a post too!

craftscaviescontras 
  https://whataboutrheema.blogspot.com/
http://littlepenguinquilts 
http://homesewnbyus 
https://www.su-sieeemac.com/ 

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/
  maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com 

http://imworkingonaproject.blogspot.com/
http://3poodlesandanana.blogspot.com  

https://www.justletmequilt.com/ 
https://knittingquilter.blogspot.com/    
https://scrapatches.blogspot.com/      
 https://lavenderdreamstoo.blogspot.com/  
https://quiltschmilt.wordpress.com/ 

not sure if she's posting today:
https://www.mmmquilts.com/ 
  http://www.piecefulthoughts.com
https://100sweets.blogspot.com/

31 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

milow we love that photo... you look like the mama after the new years pawty hahahahaha and we like the sculpture too... it brings good mood and we smile when we see it

Roseanne said...

Good morning, LeeAnna! Aww, Milo. You are just the sweetest pup. You keep a good eye on momma and keep her going. She has to smile when you look at her with your head turned to the side. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your meatloaf sounds delicious! My kids (single guys) cook a big meal on Sundays and then eat off the leftovers all week when they are working. I always thought that was a great idea! I love that Milo knows how to get Drew to play. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the flower that printed out in black and white! Thanks, always, for your thoughtfulness and caring, but especially in these strange times.

Carol Swift said...

Thanks for bringing a bit of brightness to this crazy time! Thank you!

CountryDew said...

I agree with your niece: make leftovers!

Sara said...

It's been a tough scary week for everyone. I've avoided posting about it, but that sure doesn't mean the unrest isn't weighing on my mind daily. I've tried to focus on good things instead.

Meatloaf is comfort food in our house and I make it at least once a month. I use steel cut oats in mine instead of any type of bread or bread crumb. Used to use regular oatmeal but have switched to the steel cut because it's finer.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's been a hard week and I've shed tears too. Love your painting and how neat to transfer it to fabric. You are SO smart! Keep on sharing beautiful things that we can all be thankful for! It helps me have a better day! Sweet hugs!

Meditations in Motion said...

I need my dog Benji to keep me going sometimes too. What a week this past one has been! I am a big fan of Diana Krall too. thanks for sharing the video.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

OMG- you made my week so wonderful. Love Diana Krall (the men are just icing on the cake).
You gave us such wonderful thoughts and a good recipe for meatloaf. SCORE.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Thanks for the respite from the daily horror show. Lovely images to make me smile.

piecefulwendy said...

Your flower in black and white is pretty dramatic and fun. Can't wait to see what you are up to. Did you know that Diana Krall (one of my favorite artists) is married to Elvis Costello (or at least she was, if she isn't now - haven't checked lately)

LA Paylor said...

well I learned that on that video up there! I did not know it!! She's pretty amazing. LeeAnna

colleen said...

That's fun. I like making a list (in my head at least) of things I liked or are thankful for. I have loved Elvis Costello but haven't heard about him in a while. Nice to hear his voice. I copied your bit from the Constitution. Thanks for that. And he held up a bible. I think that doesn't represent separation of church and state. They made a video of him to orchestra music like he was our savior.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Mama would've loved your niece. She boiled 2 or 3 chickens at a time, rolled over 100 lumpia, and baked 5 pans of cake, etc. to freeze. I find myself doing that sometimes, but still not as much. Now that has got me hungry. Bummer is we've eaten all our leftovers. I love your post LeeAnna. Mine in contrast may be too overwhelming for some. Or not. I don't know. I do know I'm glad I wrote it. Cheers! :-) Here's my link https://www.su-sieeemac.com/2020/06/positive-push-backs.html

LA Paylor said...

everyone should read this post
https://www.su-sieeemac.com/2020/06/positive-push-backs.html

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yes, more fun is a must...and we do love that quartet! Milo, you're doing a good job keeping the Mama entertained!

Sandra Walker said...

So glad you've started Schitt's Creek! One of my all-time favourite shows. Thank you for the Spectacle Elvis Costello recommendation: I am now subscribed and put this episode with Diana Krall (love for years too) on my Watch Later list. Later being this evening. Thanks for hosting, always, and for your sentiments.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Your paintings are beautiful! Thank you for sharing all of the clips too!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your painting. If all else fails and you ever want yardage of your painting use spoonflower. I have been watching the Clark family too, they are so fun to watch. Great likes. Hey Milo, I can relate to a hungry day.

PaintedThread said...

The black and white version of the flower is great. Lovely likes. I'm glad you went ahead with this post. Hugs.

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
There's a lot of great stuff on todays list!
that black and white print...what a great turn out!
hugs,
Joanne

Michele McLaughlin said...

Clowning must run in the family of our poodles. We say that about Scout a lot! Keep your spirits up LeeAnna! Thanks for an engaging post!

Hazel said...

Awww my favorite is Milo! Look at that adorable head tilt!

Shannon said...

I really like the way your black and white flower looks with the embellishment and the colored floral border! I know it was a printer problem, but I think it turned out to make for an interesting design! I love that pic of Milo looking at you with his head cocked. So much personality there! Give him big snuggles!

Tom said...

...white flamingos sure are rare! I wish that I could paint, I guess that I'll stick with my camera. Those quarantine kids are GREAT! Thanks for stopping by, take care and keep it cheesy!

Michelle said...

I have been listening to the Clark family and they are the best. So great to see them working/learning new things during this time. Thanks for linking up.

Angie said...

LA - I could write several pages about how the events of the last couple of weeks have affected my family (and I am not talking about the pandemic), but it also makes me very sick. So I enjoyed the "escapism" of your video links. Joy, energy, humor, talent - something for everyone! Thank you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I understand, I try to keep my blog neutral. I always enjoy seeing your sweet Milo. I love your painting, well done. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend. PS, thanks for the visit and comment.

Linda said...

I love the Clark family's videos. Milo looks adorable.

Anu said...

Love your paintings. Milo is cute. Take care!

Miaismine said...

Hello There! Yes, a tough week....
You know, I like your pink flower that was printed in black and white. It seems....dramatic.

Milo....you're taking good care of your mommy. Hugs!