Friday, June 19, 2020

paint party Friday

Let's talk paint!
I'll show you what I painted this week, shall I? The first picture was in my mandala series. Circular, repetitive, meaningful.
I started with the pink/orange flower and like how the paint is lighter toward the centers.

I did another mandala here...
purple tombow marker, and black pigma pen.
Around and around, shapes and symbols.






















I just wanted to see paint move around on paper, and it became this
It was much nicer before I started with pens... oy... not everything works out
One evening I decided to do a splatter work, intuitive, just pick colors you enjoy and splatter them.




then swipe yellow, pink, etc... ink with pigma and brush, dots and symbols and lines
I painted it this horizontal way, but like it better as a vertical piece
I painted as DH played his guitar, and noticed the shape on the left looks like a guitar! This one I like
Milo insisted on looking at it closer... said it's "okay but doesn't really smell like anything"
Then he looked at the other one
This one should smell but doesn't
Which I painted horizontally too, and show here vertical but not the best way to view it.

Swipes of color started it, then inks, lines, white and black pens... not my favorite but I like it okay.



I can't seem to capture things unless I'm looking at them, or a photo of them.


Still, there's just something soothing about putting color on paper, right?

What's your favorite watercolor paint to use?
What's your favorite thing about painting?








Linking to
https://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

oh we bet Milo loves it... like we love it...even when this flowers have no smell ;O)

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
The creative journey of an artist! don't know what will work until you try !
Love how your mandala flowers turned out! the others as well!
hugs,
Joanne

PaintedThread said...

I like the splashes and squiggles.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful, colourful art. Your dog is cute! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Nice works

Molly the Airedale said...

Your paintings are always so beautiful! Happy Friday!

Linda Kunsman said...

Love all your art play and mark making-how cool to find a guitar too:)Of course it's nice to finish a piece but it's also so much fun to just let loose and play with no thought as to how it will end up. Keep on playing, and happy PPF!

Clare Lloyd said...

Lovely art

Susan said...

I like you bright cheery colors and especially the last one. I don't do much watercolor so don't have a fave. Happy PPF

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Yes-the splatter art is better vertical but the flowers at the end is prettier horizontal. Isn’t it cool they are so different when turned?My favorite tho, is the very first orange mandala. Soooo. Cool 😎

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That are wonderful paintings!!!! The Flowers so pretty!
Greetings Elke

MissPat said...

The first flowers look just like dahlias and the last ones like pansies. And tell Milo that lots of flowers don't have pretty smells anymore because the smell has been bred out of them. Sigh. I love your flower paintings.
Pat

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Wow those first two mandalas look like Zinnias! Well done.

DVArtist said...

Wow you have been busy. I don't see anything wrong with the one you put the ink to. In fact they all are so beautiful.

Ira said...

lovely post!