Monday, September 30, 2019

the week ahead... here comes October!

flamingo and poodle in repose
The weather in Aurora CO this week
I'd love it to be 65 for a few weeks, but it's more like hot, then cool, then hot, then frost. It's on a cooling trend although there are many 85F days still. The evenings are much cooler and there's a chance of frost in a week or two.The wind has been so strong, and persistent for days that it blows things off the porch, the report was 35 mph sustained winds. Feels like 50.
shattered in the winds on Sunday, wah!
We are noticing the trees starting to color up and may be on a mountain expedition today to see something new along with color changes. I'm writing this on Sunday so who knows what we did.

To do this week
The washer has been broken, and the repair person is scheduled for Thursday so here's hoping it's not too much money and we won't need a new one.
I got a shirt at the Manitou springs show, that ruined other clothes by bleeding it's dye. I had pre washed it twice already. Called the maker who first said she'd send me a new one, that she also saw that dye running. Then she changed her mind and said to send it back at my expense, and she'd send something to replace it but not pay for shipping. Oy vey. Got to call her and discuss this again.
sort through the studio projects and take notes on finishing some of them.
After the washer is fixed, and I hope it can be, I need to look through recent purchases and wash the fabrics so I can use them. I want to start a Halloween quilt this week.
I need to finish cleaning my cherry pits to make a cold bag but I can't remember how to clean them.

find a long arm quilter to pay to quilt my lattice quilt as it's just too large for my little home machine
look through my library books before they're due

Reading
finished Jodi Thomas nightime reading Little teashop on Main and loved the characters.  Set in Modern day, a slice of life story. Listening to Secrets by Kate Morton on disc in the studio, very good mystery that goes back and forth between characters and their time lines. My library books on beading and quilting are just terrific this time. What artists see is a real lesson in observation. What beaders look for in inspiration is not only eye candy but an insight into other artist's work.


watching
My fave dramas are back, This is Us, New Amsterdam, Real housewives of Dallas... and survivor. I LOVE that show, and it's gonna be really good this season. I find myself drawn to one woman especially... she seems deserving, funny, capable and kind. She'll be a target as the others know a likeable person could win over them. Not watching Dancing with the stars.
We finished the first GBPottery throw down and it was great... we have two more seasons to go.
GB Baking show... we are at the finale of last season and I just love the contestants. Wish they could all win somehow. When we're done we can watch the current season so that is great.
Doc Martin is being streamed on Acorn one a week now too.
I'm watching youtube tutorials on painting and drawing.

This video of baby animals lowered my blood pressure by half. And made me go Aweeee, then laugh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R0rBwpHm6I
what do you mean frost warning, it's 85!
making
I am back to hand sewing on my hexie star blocks, and in the studio,
and painting
my hand made cards

eating
we don't spend a lot of time on food around here. What's quick and semi-nutritious is important. Each night we have a protein source (fish or chicken) a fresh vege and a starch. My vegetables are looking scratched up, don't know why. The tomato plant is finally making some tomatoes and I planted four elephant ear bulbs. One is going well but isn't tall. Another put out one leaf but is alive, the other looks like it could have a new leaf 3 months after planting, one just dried up. All getting the same soil and care.

A neighbor said it may be time to cut it all down anyway. What? seems like it is just going finally.
love fall flower colors!

Image result for take care of the earth quotes
go look at the facts


Remember, we need clean air and water, and bees to pollinate and we are responsible to take care of our earthly home. It is no longer possible to ignore our impact in a chase for more profit for the few.
Is it?
“The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.” -Genesis 2:15 
Linking to
https://comedy-plus.wordless wednesday
https://comedy-plus.com/ Awe Mondays
happy homemaker monday

19 comments:

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Sorry about your statue! After the snow I saw on tv in Montana-I'm surprised you are having such warm temps in Aurora. I'm sure you will have to bring your plants in soon. Well said on our stewardship responsibilities. I was so sad on New Amsterdam show but not surprised. You have a busy week ahead.

easyweimaraner said...

I love the house wives too... and I hope the washer can be repaired and it is no big money thing...

Sandee said...

I always love seeing Milo. Always.

Loved the video. Such little cutie pies.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Extra scritches to Milo. ♥

Carol R. said...

Our clothes washer is fine but I had a repairman out twice - Friday and again on Monday- for our dishwasher. It's old enough that parts for it are apparently non existent. So, it had to be replaced.. the new one will be here next Tuesday. In the meantime, we'll continue to use paper plates as much as possible. ( I HATE washing dishes) Hope you have better luck with the clothes washer :). Oh, and if that white stuff 'drifts' over from Montana to Colorado, please DO NOT send it on this way ( Michigan)! It's not allowed to cross the border/Lake Michigan until the middle of December. :)

Kaja said...

That pottery show is filmed around Middleport Pottery which is one of my favourite places to visit. Good luck with the washer; I hope it's fixable.

Lisa said...

Temps are STILL in the 90s here in middle Missouri. Promises of Autumn weather have been made for Thursday so I'm hopeful. I'm looking forward to downloading some Kate Morton books to read when the snow flies. Sorry to hear about your washer; hope it's fixes soon. Yes, I like the person on Survivor you are referencing. She survived the first tribal. But, she does have a target on her back. It's an interesting concept this time around. And, I'm excited the new season for our shows is finally here! And, not a moment too soon. I was so sick of the summer selections. Cabo is a hot mess right now. Just healed up another hot spot. Spa day on October 10th can't come fast enough! xoxo
https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2019/09/30/photo-challenge-nature/

Pamela said...

Thanks for the reminder about Doc Martin. I loved my cherry pit pack - need to get another one - I have a rice pack right now but it's just not the same.

MissPat said...

I say don't bother sending the bleeding shirt back at your expense. I wouldn't trust any replacement she sends you. Try Vicki Welch's method for quilts. Look up Save my bleeding quilt on Google. It takes some time to soak using Dawn dishwashing liquid, but I've done it twice with baby quilts and it works. Temps here are on a roller coaster. Today was in the 60's, tomorrow we may break the record high for the day of 86, then in the 50's on Wed. I'm watching less and less TV every year as favorites go off the air and I don't care for most of the new one. Books and blogs are good.
Pat

threesidesofcrazy said...

I enjoyed reading your post today and I'm surprised too by the warm temperatures in Colorado! Seems like everywhere around you is much cooler already. I hope you have a WONDERFUL week.

Molly the Airedale said...

Our weather has been up and down too and we wish that it would just stay cool. Sweatshirt weather is the best! Are you grabbing that jolly ball and playing with it, Milo?! Love This Is Us! Happy October!

Jodi said...

Oh man! I hope its a cheap fix on the washer!! BB... ugh. Glad Nicole got fave as well! So glad the Fall shows are back... next up for discussion... This Is Us and New Amsterdam.... Have a great week!

Jean said...

Hope it doesn't end up to be a major repair on your washing machine. I'm enjoying the fall TV shows as well. Hope you have a great week!

Ann said...

I sent you an email with the name of a long armer in Colorado.
We are having the same oscillating temperatures here.

Luludou said...

cherry pits to make a cold bag ? never heard of that. Hoping Nothing serious with washer.

Rebecca Knox said...

Love your photos, LA...especially the one of your homemade cards! That is something that I have always wanted to do and just haven't taken the time. What a beautiful gift to be treasured! Hope your week is off to a great start and HAPPY OCTOBER FIRST! Blessings, Sweet Lady! 💗

Angie said...

LA - I love your hand-painted card with the black-eyed susan - so lovely!!! We had a dusting of snow over the weekend, really strong winds and bitterly cold temperatures. Flowers are done for the season - sigh. Your quote from John Paul II is perfect - I have started collecting signatures for a renewable energy initiative in Montana, and I think I will use this quote. Thank you.

Sandy said...

Such a sweet little statue, what a shame. Will you replace her? Weather has been all over the place with very little that seems normal these days. Your quilt is coming along nicely. LOVE your sunflower painting. YOu did an awesome job with it. The only tv hubby and I are currently watching is Anthony Bourdain. We watch 1 or 2 shows a night. Love all his travels, his voice was so easy to listen to. Still can't fathom why he killed himself. Successful, good looking, respected etc. Truly sad. We don't watch much tv.
Traveling Suitcase

Tails Around the Ranch said...

The cooler days are definitely very welcomed. The wind, not so much. Sorry about your wind casualty. Being out farther on the plains, that darn ole wind plays havoc with yard decor.

Beth Niquette said...

My dish washer broke. For me that is traumatizing! lol I hope things are better for you this week. Your painting, sewing and photography are wonderful.