Friday, September 13, 2019

paint party Friday

Welcome to Paint Party Friday... I have been trying to sketch or paint daily, and


My favorite piece of the week came from this tutorial... LOVE IT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq3-7uYWfBE

I used Fluid 140 lb paper and KOI paints. Enjoyed the mixing of colors, removal of colors, pushing them around on the paper, and additional colors added.  After all that it was so much fun to doodle with my pigma marker. I think I'll do more of this
I checked out some books from our library on zendoodles. I think that will come in handy for the inking after painting. I went back to this piece from last week, the bubbles, and added a few lines
I had fun with the sketchbook too. A Shayda Campbell tutorial led to a sort of goal list for the week.
this really lovely piece. Simple, graceful, organic. 

I talked to some artists last weekend (see Thursday's post) and each one gave me a lot to think about. I learned two ways to do encaustic work, talked to a pastel artist about how he approaches his work and how he lets it go (sales), and one artist who combined metal sculpture, with bird nests and mannequins.
She used to make clothing, and cares about our environment, so she combines that with her metal work. I loved her deep need to make a visual statement. I just wish we were in the financial position to support each one of these artist, I would have left with a vibrant pastel landscape, a delicate layered encaustic collage, and a meaningful sculpture. Oh and some very modern pearl earrings!

So the gist was, use good materials, find your vision, and keep working...

linking to:


https://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

21 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

I love it!!!!!! art with a super statement ;O)

PaintedThread said...

Excellent. These are all so pretty - I love the ink on the colors.

Christine said...

Beautiful pieces!

sirkkis said...

Really pretty paintings.
Happy PPF 💗

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I love your trees and can't wait toto start following Leslie's tutorials. She mentioned she used Blick water paper "in blocks". Do you know what that means? Thank you for sharing that tutorial. Have a great weekend. mary

JFM said...

How beautiful are your creations and so colorful!

Happy PPF!!!

Linda Kunsman said...

Wonderful sketches and mark making. Love your whimsical watercolor trees! Happy PPF!

Ann said...

The bubbles were pretty and certainly had dimension but I like them much better with the marker added. Like adding appliqué to patchwork, it just makes it look more polished. Congrats on finding a YouTube video, too. How kind of her to share her technique.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Such beautiful colors and lovely sketching!

Sarah Leonard said...

I love these sketches. I really should get back into creating each day too. I can get a bit lazy sometimes. Happy PPF from Number 18 :D

piecefulwendy said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun. I am going to have to try that. You can also find many zentangle ideas on Pinterest, if you're on there.

Helen L said...

love your painting with the trees! So fun!!!!

Libby in TN said...

These pieces really appeal to me. They have a bit of a mid-century modern meets Jetsons feel.

Sara said...

You did some really fun pieces this week. Great job!

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Leanna and congratulations on your feature in PPF this week.
Your posts are always so full of great tips and demos and your art is beautiful and whimsical. I love it all and it was fun how you doodled the circles too. Happy PPF xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, love how you used the colours. Congrats on being featured at PPF, hugs, Valerie

Kaja said...

I love the way the black lines look against the paints; it's a really effective combination.

Molly the Airedale said...

You do such beautiful and fun work!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Keep up with the creative beauty but don't forget to color outside the lines. ;)

NatureFootstep said...

lovely work all of them. I like flowers

Beth Niquette said...

I LOVE these! I'm always so inspired when I see your posts! :D Such simple elegance!