Thursday, September 26, 2019

I Like Thursday #160


Welcome to this week's list of likes! 
I love having mums and a pumpkin on the porches again. I actually saw a maple tree in full color this week. Early... but some neighbors have already said the S word (snow) Halloween decorations are showing up on porches already!

art supply store decorations


I enjoyed visiting the art supply store, and finding two new brushes (two for one!)  and a set of paints. I liked painting fall items with my new brushes and paints. SO pretty, the fall leaves, pumpkins, and colors.
this week's cow picture from art supply store Guireys

I loved the murder mystery night held at our clubhouse. The organizers brought in professional actors, plied us with delish wines, grouped us at tables to work in teams, allowed us to mix and get to know each other better. The mystery was set in the 1920's and lots of people dressed up. We missed the answer, but had a lot of fun, laughed a lot, and got to know two more couples. Neighbors were assigned roles to play, and one man I've chatted with before was named Little Willie (who's father was big willie) so I had to go up, crack wise, and touch his arm saying "just wanted to touch a little willie" Oy vey! It's a miracle I have any friends at all.

I liked looking through my library collection this week. The above book is a fascinating discussion of what artists think of museum art.  I also am listening to another Kate Morton mystery (the secret keeper) while working in the studio.

I enjoyed working on the final blocks needed for my lattice quilt, the binding on my SW quilt, and figuring out the pattern for a zippered box I got for a friend's birthday. I couldn't locate the pattern so I'm making one up on my own from the finished box.

I liked drinking coconut water this week. For some reason I feel it's healthy.

I loved The Good Doctor's return show this season!! And Survivor started again, whee! New Amsterdam, and This is Us are also back.

I like Fall magazines with pretty pictures of what my house could look like if table tops were cleared off.

I liked the fall festival in Parker, a small one but it had music, and artists in the park.

 I met a woman who is going to all the craft shows she can this summer, because she wants to start doing the circuit. She studied art in school, and became an advertising executive but now that she's retired she wants to return to watercolors and sell them. I loved how chatty she was, and that she approached me!
We also saw a bouvier there, very rare breed but lovely big dogs.

While I don't like a trip to the Vet's, I was relieved Milo's ear issues were allergy yeast not a "foxtail" plant that works it's way into a dog's skin.
Help! The doctor touched my ears! I screamed!
MIlos Moments
Hi Y'all!
I like scrambled eggs with cheese. I like cheese. I liked playing with Little Murphy this week, and finding a new rope toy in his yard, with a bone on it!!! Why doesn't my mama buy  one of those for me?
(the vet said it could break your teeth, that's why, Milo)
(crazy talk Mama!)
I like finding tennis balls when I'm out on a walk. I carry them a bit, then drop them when I'm done... which is fun. I'm not responsible for them like when I bring my ring toy out for a walk. Plus some other dog can find it and feel excited about it!
I liked going with my pawrents to a fall craft festival in Parker, and being admired by so many people, one artist was a vet by day and said standard poodles are her favorite patients!

I saw a BIG dog there who barked at a skateboard, so I barked too, in solidarity brother!
(mama has no appreciation for doggie solidarity barking)Then I saw a small poodle who looked like me but not so nice, snapping at my nose!
So, after you leave a comment for my mama, please visit these people keeping it happy this week!
 https://www.su-sieeemac.com/2019/09/love-x-13.html
http://spiralj2.blogspot.com/
maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com 
https://scrapatches.blogspot.com/  
craftscaviescontras
https://whataboutrheema.blogspot.com/
http://www.piecefulthoughts.com
https://www.mmmquilts.com/

http://3poodlesandanana.blogspot.com    
https://knittingquilter.blogspot.com/  

Linking to these parties!
 http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/
rosie and the boys nature pics  

http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/

29 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

I love this idea with a murder mystery night... maybe I can make it to our christmas motto this year (omg my parents will swoon LOL)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Sounds like a fun time murder mystery night. Your porch looks cute. Mine is just full of toys (yep even middle schoolers leave their toys around) and now leaves. Great likes for Milo, yep Bobbin was not a happy camper after visiting the vet for her heartworm check. She had a pawdicure, and her ears cleaned, and was told she has to lose 2 1/2 lbs. She has already lost 1/2 a lb. Oh the injustice in the world!

Sandra Walker said...

End of September (like how) and so I just published my list. Oh my are we on the same wavelength this month: wine, books, library, Fall magazines, and even a cow like! Oh yes, I love Bouviers; the lady on the acreage across and down a couple from us in Alberta raised them. Gorgeous dogs.

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love murder mysteries and I'm glad you enjoy fall decorating!! Milo looks so handsome. What bone did your vet warn you about? Scout loves nylabones.

Sara said...

The murder mystery party sounds like a good time. We went to one a few years ago and enjoyed it. Glad Milo's ear problem isn't quite so scary.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

No no no to the S word! If only we had some control over that... Glad you enjoyed the murder mystery night in your neighborhood and Milo always has friends to play with, too!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! It's WAY TOO EARLY FOR THE S word. Good grief. We finally have a day with temperatures at 70. I can't even wrap my head around s.n.o.w. It looks like Milo was such a good puppy at the Vet's office. I can't believe another dog snipped at him. ~smile~ Roseanne

Shannon said...

I love the idea of solidarity barking but not the practice. Mine do it every saturday when the tornado sirens go- all the dogs in the neighborhood yowl together. So much (not) fun.

I love that peek of your pink and green coleus in the porch shot. My friend has one and brings cuttings to work pretty often. I took one to my mom a few weeks ago, but I need to take one home for me. I assume you take it inside in winter? I haven't gotten out my fall decorations yet; it still feels like summer here; hot and muggy, but maybe I'll get them out this weekend. Have a great week!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Hi! What a fun post. I feel like I get to go to all your events. We also have had weather in the seventies- in the morning. HAHA but, it really has cooled off for us and I can now go outside. I have all my fall decos out-couldn't wait. That sounds like a fun night at the clubhouse. Enjoy! mary

Michelle said...

The murder mystery night sounds like a lot of fun. And, 19 Crimes is some good wine 🙂 Thanks for linking up today.

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom says that you are very smart to pick up a "free" tennis ball, Milo. I won't do that. I just sniff it and leave it. I love cheese too!

piecefulwendy said...

What a fun gathering of likes. I love to go to art supply stores, and finding a twofer deal is always a like. I think I would enjoy a murder mystery night; what a fun way to meet new people. Fall is definitely here in MN, at least up north, which means we are soon to follow here in the south. Milo is such a handsome fellow.

Joanne said...

We just got home from a week long vacation on Saturday and could not believe how many trees have already turned orange, yellow and red!

Sandee said...

I love mystery theater. So fun. Haven't done that in a couple of years, but sure have enjoyed it when we did.

There's my Milo. Always a treat.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to Milo. ♥

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I would love to do a murder mystery night, sounds like fun. Pretty fall decorations! Cute photos of Milo! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love arts and crafts shows too...so fun to see the talented people out there! And of course you are talented too my friend. I need some new Fall magazines!

Scrapatches said...

Hello, LeeAnna and Milo and friends, thank you for sharing your week with me. I have started taking out my Halloween decorations and plan to make my home look fall festive this weekend. I love fall ... :-) Pat

Lisa said...

I'm so ready for Autumn! No color in the trees here and next week is suppose to be back up in the mid-80s again. I actually saw CHRISTMAS decorations in a store last week! Crazy. I once heard a discussion on how artists incorporate the cultural issues and current events into their creations through the use of design elements. It was eye opening and explained a lot when looking at modern art and trying to decipher what is means. The murder mystery night sounds like tons of fun! Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Cabo got freaked out by a hot air balloon that came over the house and licked another stress sore on his leg! And, Milo.....Cabo also bards in solidarity! I would love to know what they are saying to each other. :-)

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I think it's fine to decorate for Fall. I did the same thing this week! Your murder mystery sounds like such fun! Milo seemed to make out fine at the vet. Always a good thing!

PaintedThread said...

Nooo to the S word! The murder mystery evening seems like fun! Poor Milo - the vet is not a place any of us want to go!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Decorating for fall seems to keep getting bigger and bigger. I love seeing it all. We went to one of those mystery dinner evenings and enjoyed it very much. I always look at the art supplies at Michaels. I wonder does my library have that book...sounds very interesting. They were putting out Christmas things at Costco today which didn't surprise me. They can't seem to let a season just be for a while any more.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I like the concept of the new Survivor season, having Sandra and Boston Rob acting as mentors. That's pretty cool, another way of being able to play a game you love. I hope Elaine can go the distance and win.
That's an interesting title you're reading about artists. I've written it down. I've already checked that library doesn't have the book, but it may be able to borrow it elsewhere for me.
A mystery dinner is on my list to experience one day.

MissPat said...

I have a few autumn table runners/toppers out and put up a wall hanging today and a small hanging of oak leaves on the front door. Pumpkin stuff will come out next week. Our friends in Leesburg, VA, where we visit every year on our way to FL, have 3 bouviers. They do fill up a room and the noise is scary if someone comes to the door who they don't recognize. Fortunately, they remember us each year and we don't get the stranger greeting. You have so many great art and craft festivals.
Pat

Iris Flavia said...

The murder mystery night sounds awesome!!!!

Tom said...

...IU hope that your are enjoying all the tastes and colors of the season. Thanks for stopping buy.

Jeanne said...

We got our first porch pumpkin this week also! We sometimes have S for Halloween :) I enjoy This is Us and New Amsterdam too.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Time to break out the pumpkins to go with the lovely autumnal temps.🎃

jean f. said...

sorry you missed getting a picture of the Bouverie. Looks like you are having a good time. Loves to Milo!

PawsitivelyJack said...

Hey Milo,
Here's to Puppy Solidarity!! Woof Woof!!
Jack