Thursday, October 3, 2019

I Like Thursday #161

 Welcome to this week's list of likes...
I liked that DH took Monday off to drive along the scenic highway Peak to Peak so we could see fall color. It's gold here. The aspens turn gold. Pine and Fir remain green,

rocks remain rock colored,

It was a fun day, we three stopped in the small town of Nederland and had lunch, visited the few stores open and met with two interesting couples.
One had a lab puppy who was adorable and Milo wanted to play with. We were all sad so many restaurants do not let you sit on patio with your dog here.

One couple were at the winery tasting room. Very interesting, moved here 25 years ago. The wife used to work for Hospice and was so funny and wise. They were mourning the loss of their dog, and the husband fed milo just about all their crackers.
Wise words from the wife, after I said listening is a gift you give to others, " yes, and listening to your spouse especially after years together. You can get so used to each other's voices, you tend not to listen but it's more important the longer you're together"
very wise.
She was reluctant to say goodbye, and I often feel that way after meeting someone special. I held out my hand and she brushed it aside and hugged me, and DH! Recently we had a lovely conversation with someone and she said, " you meet someone and never see them again!" and I felt I was the only one who felt like that.

We had a snack in the rail car Buffalo Bill used to get to performances! They welcomed all of us in and we ate some tiny cinnamon doughnuts in a pullman car
Milo was very French, laying right next to the table, eating his doughnut.

I made one final harvest and low and behold, the lima beans had grown again, so I cooked them...
They tasted especially sweet and tender with not one bit of butter or salt! We split these three ways!
Loved the flowers I found at the grocery store for $5!

I liked that DH went to a scrapbooking show with me last Saturday. It was fun to have him there, and hear his jokes. He also mentioned that he doesn't know why I like stencils and stamps as I draw better... wowie, a wonderful compliment. I found some gelato paint sticks in metallic colors, a stamp, a few other tools, watched a lot of demos and talked to some really nice people.

I said, I have been to a bead show, a quilt expo, and a scrapbooking show in the last month, and the scrapbookers are by far the most open and friendly group... wonder why? DH said they might spend most of their creative time together with others, so are used to chatting while quilters often stay home with their machines, and beaders often work alone too.
Hmmmm.
Well I like to chat but I'm not into scrapbooking very much, but am happy I went!
The show was in Denver, so I said let's go to the Botanic Gardens after...
OMG it was wonderful! We strolled around in the late afternoon, had a snack
spinach, butternut squash, cauliflower, toasted chickpeas, and lemon dressing, as well as sweet potato fries
by the waterlily pool,
watching people walk by and feeling a cool breeze.
I even liked the disposable plates! We shared the meal and it was delish! Then we looked at many pretty flowers, too many to show here today but...
just one of the gorgeous flowers I got a pic of!
FinallyI like the owl pattern I chose to do this year's halloween quilt... now to do it! I'll share the pattern on Sewing Saturday, and my paintings on Paint Party Friday.

Milo's Moments
see my angel halo??
I liked a lot of stuff this week!

First off, there's a cute girl dog who always barked at me behind her fence when we walked by... well, this week her man came out and guess what? He works with my Daddy so they did people-talky-talk and got out phones and maybe Allie and I can play! She bowed at me, flipped in circles, and did everything but give me a cookie from inside her fence this time! I guess I don't need to be scared of her vicious barking... you never know a dog til you take the time to really listen to them! Or they get nicer...
I went with my peeps to look at leaves... I don't understand people, it's the trunks that carry the scent but anyway it was fun to go for a rideinnacar. I met a white lab puppy-girl at one town and we played best we could on leashes. I says, if you gets a chance to play take it. Always! And take a cookie if it's offered to you too!
hard to get a still photo of a moving pup!
I am into doing the dishes too. I like to keep an eye on my pawrents, and when they finish eating, I offer to do the dishes for them. I'm very helpful that way!
 "yep, it's clean, you can put that away now!"
Please visit mama's friends also keeping a list of likes this week!

http://spiralj2.blogspot.com/
maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com 
https://scrapatches.blogspot.com/  
craftscaviescontras
https://whataboutrheema.blogspot.com/
http://www.piecefulthoughts.com


http://3poodlesandanana.blogspot.com    
https://knittingquilter.blogspot.com/  

LINKING WITH
https://chedcurtain.blogspot.com/ 
https://comedy-plus.com/ Awe Mondays
viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/ 
 Pink Saturday!
 http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/
rosie and the boys nature pics  

 

Thankful Thursdays pet parade

http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/

31 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

oooh we love that place!! and please send the fries to france, so they can see how real french fries look... it's a shame what they offer you here...

Julierose said...

Aspens are beautiful--still on break from my blogging..hugs, Julierose

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Those trees - gold and green. Ahhh, they are making me relax just looking at the photo. Gorgeous! Oh LeeAnna - I feel that same way about parting with some people. But she did touch your life with her words of wisdom, and maybe that's why she and you were led together. I just adore that DH went with you to a scrapbooking show. I agree with him - you have a wonderful drawing talent. A true gift from God, and one that you enjoy. Develop it girl! Most people can't do it - it's special and you also have a gift of color and how to develop the drawing. Just saying. Aww, Milo. You did a fabulous job cleaning that plate. My brother has a good plate cleaner, too. Her name is Candy and she would LOVE to play with you. ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh the aspens are gorgeous! Looks like a fun week, and Milo got some visiting in too.

Jean said...

Those Aspen trees are so gorgeous! I really like your first photo of them with the sun shining through them. Yum, sweet potato fries! Lots of great likes this week. Hope you have a fabulous weekend :)

Sara said...

Looks like the changing trees and the Botanical Gardens have given you the perfect inspiration for painting this week. I enjoy hearing about your visits with people you meet at various fairs and other places. I'm definitely too shy to make most of those connections.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I love trees and Aspens are my favorite. Of course, we don't have them here in the heat- I get so excited when we travel up north and see them. Sad, I know. Cool hubby to enjoy all those trips with you. Sweet potato fries-yes, please. P.S. I sent you an email separately.mary

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like it's a great year for the aspen leaves! We haven't been up there yet. Glad you enjoyed your day so much! Milo licking the plate reminds me of my family with our dog growing up - he liked to clean up the ice cream bowls when we were done!

Sandee said...

Wow, what beautiful fall colors. We get so little here. To many palm trees.

There's Milo. It's always fun to see Milo.

Have a fabulous day. ♥

Michelle said...

Milo does look very French and sophisticated 😁 Love the fall colors in your area. Ours are coming soon! Thanks for linking up today.

Lisa said...

Autumn has finally arrived in Middle Missouri. Temps have been in the 90s for a couple week and then..BAM...today it's in the 60s. Looks like temps will stay there for the foreseeable future too. So, I'm looking forward to seeing some fall color soon. Milo, it looks like you have a couple new girlfriends! Let the people continue to enjoy the pretty leaves....and leave the trunks to you! xoxo
https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2019/09/30/photo-challenge-nature/

Molly the Airedale said...

We think it's so wonderful that you get to go practically everywhere with your peeps, Milo! Sweet potato fries-yummmmmmmmm!

piecefulwendy said...

Boy, you've had a fun week, with fall colors, and shows, and new friends. What a fun post to read!

Brian's Home Blog said...

All y'all were sure having a big time and you sure got to see so many cool places and things. It sounds like you might have a play date coming up Milo! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Shannon said...

Those aspens are so beautiful!! The yellow gold reminds me so much of the mountains I grew up in!! Here it's more a blend of orange/yellow/red/brown but we're still having summer (yuck) so no leaves yet. I love hearing about all the fun people you meet and talk to- it's so cool to hear about the variety of lives out there. And I wonder too why the scrapbookers were so much more open than the quilters or the beaders. That's a pretty interesting finding. Scritches and pats to Milo and I hope you have a great week!

PaintedThread said...

Beautiful fall colors. You guys are always off to someplace new. What fun. Lovely flowers. Glad Milo's been having a good time, too.

Feline Opines, the World from a Feline Point of View said...

Oh my whiskers Milo,
The Tribe of Five wishes we had wonderful adventures like you do. The problem is being shoved into the stupid carrier to get to those fun destinations!
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Oliver

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Milo is just so handsome and articulate! Of course, I loved seeing those sweet potato fries...favourites of mine. You have a knack for meeting interesting people it seems. Beautiful vistas and flowers around you too.

Ann said...

A great week. The leaves will get even better now. Have fun.

Angie in SoCal said...

That botanic garden seems awesome - will need to go next time I"m in CO. My trip this year was so short - only 4 days - and we spent a couple of them driving and staying in Salida - beautiful but too high for me.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Glad you were able to experience the aspens at their peak. It's such a beautiful time of year.

Rebecca said...

I so enjoy going to botanic gardens. I can't grow anything myself; I have a black thumb, but I like other peoples' gardens.

The aspens remind me of the year I flew over Colorado at what must have been the peak of color. Looking down, the state was golden! Just beautiful.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful pictures!Those golden trees are stunning.Happy Pink Saturday!

Jeanne said...

Your aspens are beautiful! Loved the special "visit" at the winery, especially the part about listening to spouses.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Those disposable plates and plastic forks are what are destroying ecosystems unfortunately.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, fun times. Milo is looking very handsome. The Aspens are beautiful. Wonderful post and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead.

LA Paylor said...

one of the contributors surely David, but the gardens is committed to helping and those plates are made of biodegradable corn we were told, I'm not certain but that's what I remember

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love the gold color of the trees. You met a such a wonderful couple at the winery. You always seem to have great trips. I'm glad Milo had fun too!

Sandee said...

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches to Milo. ♥

Jeanna said...

Hey Milo, looking good my friend. I used to always take a cookie myself but it didn't end well. I can't believe all that gorgeous golden color, not much here yet but we keep getting these sunny gift days between rain.

Angie said...

LA - lovely aspens you have over there. Many of ours have already lost their leaves due to the strong winds we've had lately. "Listening to my spouse" - I recognize that as something we both need to work on - it's so easy to get distracted by a phone or computer or TV. The arboretum photos are lovely - I am looking out at snow right now! Enjoy the rest of your week.