Friday, November 30, 2018

And now for a little something quilt-y

Will you lookie here! Not even December and I've got the Christmas table runners on the front sofas already!
That's because:
1. I found them in the moving mess
2. I needed some red in my life right now
Did you know, sure you did, that color is really vibration and energy? Red vibrates and causes reactions in humans. I love red and all the warm colors. I also love blues and the cool colors but it's red's turn now.

I used my font stash to print out an alphabet to use on the words, and fused them on, stitching around each letter. 

I didn't make these this year, but wanted to remind you I'm a quilt maker lol.
They both started with stash as did this year's runner of hexi's. I got the 2.5" charm packs thinking they would go together, but the tones of green are too different to enjoy in one quilt so I returned to my little bag of Christmas bits and pieces, dug around til I found 2.5" at least, and right right tones and added them in.
Not the best angle but they are laid out on my kitchen table waiting to be sewn into rows, then all together. I do not like glue baste I can whip out the hand basting only on the back of the fabric in about a minute. Never have to take it out, and the edges stay turned when you remove the papers easily after sewing them.
lots of precuts look cute all wrapped up, and different when used... I wouldn't buy all of these designs now that I've seen them but it was fun to use them anyway
Look at my bear, from my own stash! The little star, plaid, trees and diamonds are all from my stash.
See even tiny scraps can be a focus fabric!



This purse is from the past but I'm enjoying using it on walks and shopping this year. I developed this pattern about 20 years ago and taught/will teach it in workshops to guilds. Since I started doing that, I noticed a LOT of similar patterns coming on market..... oh well... none use my methods which are fast and fun. One guild asked me to do do it in a 4 hour workshop instead of the relaxed 6 hour.

All the women left with a finished purse and one sent me pictures of another 5 that she made after!
It's a way to wear your quilts without looking like an unmade bed.

I basted the hexies while watching Survivor and now I hope to sew the rows together tonight. I think I'll decide then if I am going to try to border it or not. I see cute tiny gold seedbeads in each corner, and since the edges are already turned I could just blind stitch a back to it. I won't trim to make a straight edge because I love the hexi shape. It came out quite small, 77 one inch hexi papers, the whole thing is only 8" X 29"

Next project may be felt ornaments...or the wonky trees I saw online... stay tuned!

Linking to these parties!
Esther's blog Wednesdays 
Let's be social Wednesdays 
Midweek makers wednesdays
ruby tuesdays
 Free motion by the River Tuesdays    
design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays                              
oh Scrap Sundays 
 slow stitching Sundays


sewcanshe Saturdays
off the wall Fridays
can I get a whoop whoop Fridays  

18 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm loving red tight now, too! Your Christmas hexies are so much fun. I've been glue basting my hexies - maybe I should learn how to thread baste instead?

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! I love seeing creative things coming out from you - then I know you are getting back to being you! {{Hugs}} I love those little purses, and I'll bet they come in handy very often. I started making a bunch of hexies a while back and then didn't know what to use them for. They are safely stored somewhere. If I could find them they might make a nice runner or such. I'm looking forward to your next project! Happy Happy Friday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

Sara said...

Red is my favorite color all year. I almost always feel happier when I wear red. Love the runners! I may feel more festive when I hang the grandkids' stocking on my mantle. That will bring more color into the living room.

Sandee said...

Wow, beautiful. I love all the colors of Christmas.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Julierose said...

Lovely decorations! Pretty deep reds.... I especially love those long narrow pillows;
So cute...especially with the words...you are so creative...
hugs, Julierose

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Cute hexie fabrics!

MissPat said...

Wow, you are just creating up a storm, aren't you. Glad to see you get your spirit back and glad to see you linking up to share your artistic talents with everyone again. I'm slowly getting the Christmas stuff out, but getting rid of the clutter (and the dust) takes time. No new Christmas sewing for me this year (at least not yet).
Pat

Shannon said...

Those hexies are so fun- the little bear especially. I should do some christmas hexie piecing- I have little scraps of lots of fun christmas fabrics (including winnie the pooh and snoopy), and hexies would be a fun thing to do with them. Another project to add to the never-ending list!!

Needled Mom said...

Isn't it funny how the different colors are so appealing at different times of the year? Those pillows are fabulous. I also love the little purses. Looking forward to seeing the hexies all together.

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,

Looks great! Christmas in your new home! How inviting!
wonky trees! Looking forward to that!
hugs,
Joanne

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love all this red everywhere! Great projects!

PaintedThread said...

Love those runners! The hexies are so cute.

Sarah said...

Lots of lovely Christmassy goodness!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What fun little hexies! Great idea to fussy cut all those holiday fabrics. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your table runners and hexies are darling! I especially love the little bear holding a candle. Great job with the fussy cutting.

denthe said...

these are all looking wonderful, wow! That runner of hexi's looks very complicated .... Hope you're having a wonderful week ♥

Karla said...

love the colors!

Susan said...

Those runners look great on the sofa's - I never would have thought to use them that way! And a fun hexie project in the works too - you go girl!