Saturday, June 4, 2016

Green sofa and dress

pattern source The Paper Pieced Home
I am a bit behind... know what I mean?
The Rainbow Scrap Challenge Folk have moved on to June's color and here I am finishing Greens.

Making decisions on the sofa, dress and TV were surprisingly hard this month.
I have a lot of stress at the moment, and that probably influences creativity. Still...
I  paper pieced the sofa,  I had to print out the pattern, cut it apart into sections and copy the sections in order to give myself seam allowances. 

Won't you come in and have a seat? Choose any color sofa you'd like... click on any picture to see details.
This time I'm serving limeade cool and tart in a tall glass, please use a coaster... what do you think of my dress???

I love the fabric on my simple summer frock!
Who doesn't love a polka dot? 
Why do they call dots polka dots? 
Do they dance across the surface? 

The little striped belt gives me a bit of a waist...but a person might need a stern foundation garment under such a tailored dress. Plus hose and heels, and a set of pearls. 

Want to see the others in my closet?


I absolutely must do the Aqua sofa and dress for June! RSC
Now the TV is under construction, so there will be no I love Lucy this week... looks like the travel show will be on.



24 comments:

Sarah said...

What cute projects you are working on! Interested to know how you will put these together?

Julierose said...

I think your PP dresses and sofas are just adorable; some days it's more difficult
than others even with the same patterns--I think they're polka dots as my Polish relatives always danced around the Hall at weddings in a big circle--two by two...
?quien sabe?
we are a bit stressed here too...
I tore my big PS quilt in half ;000
--last night--sick of hauling it through the machine--so now I have two smaller lap quilts -- one for each little grandgirl...
my Dh was aghast!! Ye olde seam ripper did its stuff...hugs, Julierose ya gotta do whatcha gotta do....

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Lordy, that means I am TWO months behind........love the sofa, and the dress. green is your color, my dear!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You are TOO funny!! While your orange sofa is my favorite, I'll bee looking forward to trying your AQUA sofa (and dress) on for size.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

The sofas and dresses are so cute. I can't wait to see the aqua ones. What fun projects!

Deb A said...

Such lovely dresses and a comfy place to sit. Those sofa's remind me of old photo's of my parents with my siblings as babies. Same shape. Will look forward to the teal ones.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love all these blocks! I think I would wear the green dress and sit on the green sofa while watching the travel show!

Nell's Quilts said...

Paper piecing all those little bits- wow! Love the variety in your closet.

Unknown said...

I admire your discipline with the colors of the month blocks!!! Your colors are wonderful!!

Angie said...

The green dress is perfect for summer! If only I still had the shape to fit the dress...

Joanne said...

That's a great great sofa!
Such a dress for these summer days!
Great to see your design wall filling with colour!

gayle said...

I always adore your paper pieced blocks! Your sofas especially make me smile!

PaulaB quilts said...

With those required undergarments the only things that can jiggle are the polka dots! The sofa looks nice and comfy, ready to sink into and take a nap. Just what I need.

Pam said...

Which dress can I have? I love them all!

pam at http://pamspaintbox.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

You won't be behind for long! I cannot wait to see more and to see what your plan is with all these gems!

AlidaP said...

Very cheerful sofa and a dress perfect for summer! Great job! Thanks for sharing!!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi! Oh, these look so good! I would sit on the green sofa wearing the orange dress! Have a colourful summer! x Teje
www.nerospostbox.wordpress.com

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

Your green sofa is my favorite of the lot. :-)

Ruth said...

Love it - the green one and the orange ones in particular!

Mari said...

Quite the wardrobe you're getting there! And a matching sofa for every room!

Kaja said...

You may be behind but your blocks are fabulous. I would happily wear your dresses.

beth s said...

OOh! YOur paper pieced sofas and dresses are wonderful!!

Karen's Korner said...

Such lovely work happening at your place. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Remarkable! Such cute and colorful subject matter. Well done!