Thursday, June 23, 2016

Turquoise Sewing machine

pattern ( aquiltingsheep )
Boy I sure would love to have a turquoise sewing machine with a flamingo on it! With lime accents! And stars all over! 
This time I tried a buttonhole stitch around the applique. I like it. 
Just like the others, I pieced scraps together, layered that with the interfacing and pattern, sewed around and turned right sides out. 

Fused it to the background square, about 14" I think. 
Here are the three that have been stitched to the backgrounds so far, green, turquoise and blue. (I made six so far) 
 Speaking of inspiration, I might not have made these if I hadn't joined the Rainbow Scrap challenge at superscrappy
We are using  teal scraps with lime accents in June. I am using turquoise and making those blocks out of the scrap bins. I actually took on too many blocks this year, so I might have to let the retro blocks wait til next year. 

I don't anticipate a scrap shortage .

21 comments:

Maria said...

I would love one also. We are flamingo twinsies :-)

easyweimaraner said...

oh me too... maybe then the results would be better than those I get from a common boring white sewing machine LOL

Julierose said...

Love all your little machines--they are super cute. Hoping your sewing is relaxing for you these days...hugsx2 Julierose

Joanne said...

Can never have too many sewing machines! :)

Tails Around the Ranch said...

The flamingo is beyond adorable. Love the teal!

sonja said...

if you have Mature machines like i do, well, you could always paint it Any color of your imagination! tho fink plamingos do look good on an aqua background!

Kaja said...

I know I've said this before but I think this one is my favourite (can't beat a nice flamingo!)

scraphappy said...

So perfect! I wish I had a sewing machine like that too. I'm sure that you will still be able to find scraps next year when you get back to your resting projects. Scraps are nice that way.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I had a turquoise stove and refrigerator at my first house. I was sad to see them go!!

PaulaB quilts said...

The tourquoise one looks custom made and specially decorated with stars and the emblematic flamingo. Maybe it should be used just for sewing silks and other fine fabrics.

Kate said...

Very fun machines. I love the flamingo on your latest. Too cute.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is as equally amazing and fun as the latest post :)

Magpie Sue said...

If I could pick one of your machines for my own it would definitely be the teal and flamingo job!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Scraps have a way of multiplying so I'm sure you'll have plenty for next year :-) I, too, took on too many the first year I participated in RSC....so many ideas, you know?

AlidaP said...

A sewing machine with flamingos! Lovely!!

Jen said...

What a fun way to use those little scraps. It would be fun to frame a few scrappy machines and hang them in a craft room. Love it!

LA Paylor said...

ha! That's the plan Jen. I plan to finish each block and bind, then connect them into a banner for the studio. LeeAnna

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Very cute sewing machines! And a banner sounds like a wonderful plan!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your sewing machines are "sew" fun! I am a big fan of star fabrics, so the ones in your turquoise machine definitely caught my eye!

Susan said...

These are so cute! Can't wait to see what you do with all of them.
Thanks again for linking up at Midweek Makers
Susan

gi quilt said...

I have a friend who wanted a quilt block with all things flamingo. Would you mind if I did a block for her with a sewing machine similar to the one you did?