Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Cole's walkabout... in Connecticut!

Cole here to tell you about my recent trip to Connecticut.
It all started when the parental units wanted to go somewhere to escape the neighborhood mosquito spraying (that happens every three weeks) Off we went for a "ride in the car" Whee! Uninterrupted time with the peeps! There are just so many stories and pictures it may take several posts to show you all the fun we had.

The picture above is of we three at the country's oldest Rose Garden Elizabeth Park.
Momma went cuckoo! Darting all around while Dad and I tried to stay to the shade.
Why look y'all! Ice cream! I could use a scoop how about you two?
Daddy brought back a dish for them and one for me.
mmmmph, lick, lick, mmmm... mine's gone! You two still have some, that means you had more!

I want more!
anyway, we rested in this cool gazebo in the middle of all the roses while Momma ran around like a puppy.
She'll show those shots later... it's my turn at the blog now heh heh.

No matter where I go the paparazzi find me.

I was cooling my jets on my blanket when a newspaper person took my picture...lots of them!



How nice! She obviously enjoyed my stories! Smart cookie!
She recognized me as a....
This nook had lots of cool titles with which to take a picture
         Sagacious Thinker
Momma read that some people think poodles are the second smartest breed. She questioned that. Border Collies who came in first, are just more obedient. They blindly obey commands so some people think they are the smartest.

 The poodle understands all the commands too, and all the other stuff their people talk about.
We just think about it, and decide if we want to obey... that makes us the smartest.

Lots more stories of the trip to come. Shopping trips. Old towns. Inspiration and art. Y'all come back, ya hear!

10 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
Sounds like you had fun according to Cole!
I'm getting to know a bit more US geography!
Take care,
Joanne

Unknown said...

I was not expecting your four-legged friend's adventure. Quite refreshing and a little fun!

PaintedThread said...

Looks like it was a beautiful day out!

Shadow said...

What a fun walkabout Cole. With the paparazzi around you even got to show your handsome self off.

Sarah and Shadow

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I always knew you were smart, Cole, but sagacious takes it to a new level! LOL. Love that ice cream beard!

Maria said...

Yummy ice cream! Sounds like you had a blast Cole.

Julierose said...

I grew up in West Hartford--I used to go skating in Elizabeth Park all through my school years--gosh, too bad you couldn't have come down to the shore and let Cole frolic at our beach....
hugs, Julierose

Jackie Bouchard said...

You are definitely a sagacious thinker, Cole! You guys go on such fun outings!

The Flynnigans said...

Looks like a nice and relaxing afternoon with your people, Cole. :)

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Oh how I'd love to see that rose garden, Cole. Your mum and I have more than just our pups in common. ☺️ Glad to see you're out and about having a good time. Can't wait to see the rest of the photos of you in CT.
Ear scratches,
ღ & Sam