Thursday, January 13, 2022

I Like Thursday # 279

 

 

in Studio
Welcome to this week's list of likes. I sewed a lot this week and did blog posts on both finishes, 

Here   and HERE

 

reading on ebook

 

finished book 3 in cupcake mysteries and now listening to this, funny, real story of a woman who loses a job teaching, and inherits a house full of books... 

 

on tv, we're enjoying Amazing Race, New Amsterdam, Virgin River, last season of Shitts creek. 

 

always in search of a good hairstyle... I like nearly all of these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSB0-Y7iaSs
 

Fine dining... well this week I tried Buttermilk Pie taught by my new fave chef, Food Wishes

Kind of custard like but really good. I used my simple recipe for crust from Nana on youtube and it was perfect as usual

I also made a big batch of eggplant Parmesan this weekend. First I clean and slice (peel if it's tough skin) put slices in a colander with salt for a bit to pull bitterness out. Coat in egg white, breadcrumbs and bake. Then layer in casserole with sauted onions/peppers and mushrooms, tomato sauce, cheeses several times and bake. Even dh says it's much better than Olive Garden's. (good thing since we no longer get take out)

Next up, another attempt at pecan pie this time in my own crust, and a deep dish. I have made this millions of times in my life, back east but it never seems to work here in the mile high. 

I love the recipe we found for whole wheat bread... I've made it about 6 times now and it's so good, great for sandwiches, for nibbling with some butter, and for breakfasts. Moist, slightly sweet with honey. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/7169/buttermilk-honey-wheat-bread/

sorry honey, no wheat for you until we decide if it is making your ears hurt

I really learned a lot from the following man's philosophy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZqY1JEOvE&list=TLPQMDYwMTIwMjK88p96gI8RJA&index=4
 

Milo's Moments

Hi y'all... My pawrents are still obsessed with my ears and clean then too much. They hurt a little less but the treats are no longer being given out (ed. note: the antibiotics given with almond butter are done)

Mama: Milo! I gave you potatoes and cauliflower with butter! You took them and left them on the floor! 

Milo: oh, yes, I wasn't in the mood. You can have them Mama! 

Mama: grrrr, no thanks anyway

Now please visit these folks with lists of likes too!

craftscaviescontras  
 
                                                                  LINKING WITH 

rosie and the boys nature pics 




 

24 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

oh wow, the buttermilk pie looks amazing!!!!!!!! we use vetericyn for our ears, we hate hate hate this moments, but we have to admit, that it really worked for us...

Michele McLaughlin said...

Glad the antibiotics are done and hope Milo's ears stay well! When Kerry or Scout get ear infections, our vet gives them a one time antibiotic applied to the ears. Once and done but you can't get their ears wet for the rest of the month. Wishing you a happy weekend full of sewing!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love seeing your PQ mini on the wall there! The buttermilk pie sounds yummy, and homemade bread is impressiv, too. It always makes the house smell so good. Hope Milo's ears are getting better!

Sara said...

Hope Milo's ear infection is all behind him. I really like both of those authors. I haven't read that particular Jenn McKinlay book, so that gives me something new to download and read. Eggplant parmesan - yum! I used to go to Pierre for meetings a lot and there was a wonderful Italian restaurant there. They had the BEST risotto and eggplant parmesan.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure made lots of good food, too bad Milo didn't enjoy his little snacks. Milo, I hope those ears get all the way better super soon pal. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Michelle said...

I hope Milo feels better soon. I always hate it when my own pets are sick. Thanks for the link of hairstyles. I am always on the lookout, too. I appreciate you linking up!!

Kathe W. said...

Get well soon Milo! I want some of that pie please and bread too!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Thank you again for providing the format for our happiness format. It's a relief to have good things mentioned each week. Ooh, that looks like a good book about Torte. We're still a few books behind - I think around book 10. I am happy to have the Amazing Race back on TV! That video you shared of short hair styles is nice - I like most of them myself!! SO SO glad to hear that Milo is doing a bit better. Hang in there, Buddy. Sore ears are no fun for anyone. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

My hair has totally changed in the last year - I'd love to have it short again. Those cuts looked great... but way too much product. I'm a wash-and-wear sort of gal. I've loved your latest sewing projects! And that pie looks yummy.

Miaismine said...

Your finishes are so pretty. I had an experience with color a few weeks ago. It should be a finish soon and I'll share. I just kept saying to myself, "not afraid of color, not afraid of color." Naturally, you were my source of courage! Your recipes sound delicious! Hugs to you and Milo!

Kaja said...

Nice hairstyles. Since covid I just let mine grow and now I twist it up and forget about it. Occasionally I take the scissors to it myself but we won't say too much about that! :-)

piecefulwendy said...

Always fun to see what you are creating, LeeAnna. Nice to see those two quilts again. That custard-y pie looks yummy. I'm glad Milo's meds are done; hope he's better soon.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the flamingo! We use a lot of those colors here in Florida. And the hairstyles look pretty. I like wearing mine short but it's been a challenge to keep it trimmed during the pandemic! Enjoy your week! Hugs!

Angie said...

LA - your flamingo is adorable. I wish my hubby liked eggplant. Maybe I should just make it and then I will have it all to myself!!! Great video on the 25 lessons! Enjoy your weekend!

Annie said...

I love the sound of your baking this week and Milo makes me smile as always.
Hugs,
Annie x

MissPat said...

Hmm. I love Eggplant Parm, but it takes so long to make it and not practical to cook it for one. I've yet to find a frozen variety that's good and the local pizza shop that makes it isn't much better. I can't wait to see how the flamingo piece develops during the round robin. Hope Milo is doing better.
Pat

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your flamingo is amazing. I look forward to seeing it return. Your reads sound good, too. I love a good mystery. I sure don't watch any of the things you watch, and have seen all of Shitts Creek when it was new. That I DID like!!

Poor Milo. Can't have food he wants and won't eat food you gave him. Hope you find what is bothering him, soon, LeeAnna.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Here's hoping your ears clear up, sweet Milo and we can return to those 60F days soon. I've been shivering today.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Another wonderful post, you! I really like how you provide a nice variety in these Thursday posts. I can't remember the last time I had eggplant but your recipe sounds delicious. I'm trying to grow my hair out a bit, keeping the clippers away from it. I too love your flamingo. You do have a way with colour that is admired!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Great hairstyle video. My hair is super straight like yours and no volume. I found a product called It's a 10 Miracle Volumizer (no affiliation, I just love it). My hair is styled a bit like the "after" of the first girl who cut off her super long hair. Usually short hair has to be styled every day or it's either flat or bedhead. With this cut and this product I only have to style my hair every 2 days, just give it a fluff and a spray on the second day. YAY! Will you be able to go out into the world for a haircut?
I hope Milo's ear condition gets resolved soon; poor baby.

LA Paylor said...

nope, not able to go to a salon. Maybe not ever...

Kathleen said...

I love the flamingo and can't wait to watch your SAHRR grow. Love the pie...looks so delicious. Just got my hair done, a little shorter than its been and grayer, but I'm liking it.

riitta k said...

I wish Milo’s ears get better soon! I don’t actually bake, because my husband won’t eat cakes and stuff. But certainly the cake looks delicious!

Lisca said...

I'm terribly late to the party. I thought I had sent you a comment but I hadn't (Old age has set in!)
Love that you show us what you're reading and I loved the hairstyles too.
The buttermilk pie looks delicious. I have already checked out that chef and as soon as I find out how to make buttermilk (no such thing here) I will have a go!
Give Milo a big hug, I hope his ear get better.
Keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca