Thursday, January 6, 2022

I Like Thursday #278

 

Welcome to a big brand new year to fill up with stuff! And to this week's list of likes... on NYDay I like to make sure to do things I want to continue all year, for me it was sewing, painting (even if it's just a calendar painting above) writing, cooking traditional dishes and communicating with my husband. 

I finally allowed myself to start watching Bridgerton (I've read some of the books) as the next season is to start in March. O.M.G. it's so mesmerizing. 

If  a world wide killer pandemic hadn't happened when the show came out, I betcha our contra dances would be full of young'uns who watched how fun it is on this show... 

we ate fresh collard greens, and black eyed peas for luck and money on NYDay, and tried a new to us blending of recipes for some fish. We baked it in a tomato, wine, basil sauce and it was good. 

We liked the day after NYDay having a good breakfast to start the last day of dh's vacation

scrambled egg whites with cheese and fresh tomatoes, and turkey sausages warmed up. 

Even Milo liked them (his were removed before chives added) until he ran out in this

ate snow and promptly urped it all up. He never associates urping with eating cold stuff. It happens every. stinkin'. time.

I tried this recipe for a sort of strata/perogi like thing... and my dough refused to stay rolled out into the 7" circle long enough to put on the topping and fold it! No pics. Oh we ate it but it was like juggling.


 

I like the book series I'm reading... went back to book one to catch them all. Very real, interesting characters, well written. A woman on Nantucket must rent out her house to make ends meet, her four  adult children have interesting lives woven in with hers.


I like the audio book by Jude Devereaux  listened to in studio... the continuation of a cool story of love whereby the unrequited love interests are reincarnated to earth again to finish the story. I read book one but could get it fastest in audio form.


when I finished Jude's second book in the trilogy, I moved on to this one and it has me laughing and remembering life as a schoolgirl...

 

Life in the 70's for a 10 year old Italian boy... hilarious and real and I related to it

TV

Amazing Race, This is Us, and New Amsterdam are all back! We started watching the great KIWI baking show set in N.Z. Emily in Paris is back but we are watching some others before jumping back into that! It was a charming show last season. 

I am not going to discuss today's anniversary for America... a sorry one to be sure, and my prayer is that no one especially those paid by American citizens to uphold our country, be allowed to destroy Democracy and our right to vote

Back to positives...


watched on Youtube

resolutions of stars from 1925   isn't it fun to read other people's resolutions instead of making your own? 

sewing

I am working on my first challenge of 2022... Project Quilting at  where the challenge is to make a quilted item in one week, start to finish, with the current prompt of "all the colors" and I'm about at the point of quilting mine! 

I took down the pink tree in the living room, and replaced it with our old IKEA star and flamingo lights. I just love flamingos!

Milo is still sick, no likes this week for him. 


 

Because of this virus, and antivaxers, infections are rampant and danger to me is life threatening. I can't take Milo to a vet. The vet that came out here was good but reluctant to treat his ear infection until we took him for a sedated deep clean/hair plucking at a vet's office. I'm stuck... 

please visit these folks to read their lists of likes for the week

craftscaviescontras  

http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com

rosie and the boys nature pics 


19 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we love the books and the one about the school boy is fixed on our wish list ;O)

Sara said...

I'm so sorry that Milo isn't feeling well. Poor guy! The star draped with the cute flamingo lights is so cheerful looking. Love it! I recorded This Is Us and hope to watch it this afternoon. I'm sad that this is the last season.

Shannon said...

Poor Milo! I'm so sorry about the vet situation!! Our vet is doing curbside where they will come to the car and get the dogs and take them in and then come talk to you through the car window. It's been a good solution for us. Are there any options like that where you guys are? And I'm sorry he barfed up all the tasty breakfast- mine have the consequence connection problem too!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I enjoy books set on Nantucket - thanks for the recommendation! The peek at your Project Quilting blocks is fun! I'll enjoy seeing what you do with those. I'm sorry Milo is still not feeling good. I hope you figure out a solution for him!

Scrapatches said...

I am so sorry to read that Milo is not well. It is always so trying when one of our furry family members is ill. Our little Maestro, which we adopted as a rescue kitten at three months and is now four years old, old has chronic health issues. We have been able to take her and our other kitties to the vet via curbside pick-up throughout the pandemic. The attendant does the carrying in and out and the vet calls us to discuss treatment while we wait in the car. Is there a vet near you with this service? I watched the recipe video. Looks yummy. I have everything I need on hand if I use freeze dried green onions. This is next on my list to make for lunch. Thanks for the link. Today I am having yesterday's quiche made from holiday extras. I am going back to edit my post to add the recipe. I hope to post every week again in 2022, health permitting. Thank you for being the glue that holds this positive community together ... :) Pat

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Poor Milo, there is nothing worse than when our babies are ill, and we can't fix it for them. I managed to stave off Bobbin's impending ear infection, thankful for that. Like Pat our vet does curbside pickup for Bobbin, so she gets her shots, and mani pedi when necessary. Your food looks yummy, your comment about not being able to keep the dough flat made me giggle because I did watch what she did. While work doesn't have a very big section of books I did notice they had a whole slew of the Brigerton books. I have finally been doing a bit of TV watching, well movie watching....guilty pleasure is Disney + and the Marvel universe, but Brigerton may be on my radar, as is Reservation Dogs, and Yellowstone. Wow that is a lot to put in a comment. :D Hugs Sweet friend

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad to see the Amazing Race back on TV too. And dogs, somethings just don't change. At least mine don't either. Sounds like you've had a good start to the new year. Hope it continues well also.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Thanks for the book recommendation. I think Jenny and I will enjoy the Nantucket Inn series, and maybe Sue, too. I love reading a series of books that you can build a bond with. Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that Milo is sick. Goodness buddy - those ears are your sore point. {{Hugs}} I wish I was there - I'd be happy to take Milo to the vet and get him a treat afterward for his stress and trouble. I looked at the Project Quilting challenge but decided that I don't have the energy to participate right now. This never ending battle is starting to make me weary. {{Hugs}} a bunch and thank you for the encouragement to keep on looking for the delightful things! Like the Amazing Race!! ~smile~ Roseanne

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure cooked up some real goodies. Poor Milo, I hate that and I hope you figure out something for him soon. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

PaintedThread said...

Rob actually watched Bridgerton, too! He never goes for that stuff. Waiting for the next season! Ooh - looking forward to see what you make for your Project Quilting challenge!

Angie said...

LA - black-eyed peas - when was the last time I had them? Sounds so good! Your pink flamingo lights are so cute. Poor Milo, and so sad that you are in such a quandary about the vet. So unfair that the decisions of others should have such an impact on everyone ...

piecefulwendy said...

You sure pack a bunch of fun stuff in your posts, LeeAnna. I decided not to jump in with PQ13, although I was tempted. I'm sorry about Milo, and hope you find a way around your dilemma of not being able to get him to the vet.

Annie said...

So sorry to hear Milo is poorly. Really hope he’s much better very soon.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

I'm sorry Milo is still ill and that you cannot go to the vet for the ear 'deep cleaning'.
I like it that you show which books you are reading.
And that recipe looked really nice. We don't get green onions but I could make any old filling I suppose.
I love what you did with your Ikea star. I have one too and it hangs in the window. Actually I have taken it down this afternoon as here we take decorations down after Epiphany.
Enjoy your weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

riitta k said...

I wish Milo a prompt recovery. I am in schock with the present pandemic situation, awful worldwide, also in Finland. I feel a prisoner in my home. I try to escape to listening audiobooks. Hope this ends some day.

MissPat said...

I got that Nantucket Inn book after someone (maybe you recommended it), but had to return it because someone had a hold on it. I'll try for it again later. Hugs to Milo, hope he's better soon.
Pat

Kathleen said...

Oh, yuk, for poor Milo. I am sorry you are in such a predicament. Hugs to you and a big scratch for him.

J said...

WAIT, there’s a GREAT KIWI BAKING SHOW???? I had no idea! You just made my day, I am going to go find it and see if I love it like I love the Great British Baking Show, thank you!

I’m so with you on the attack on Democracy, what a dark, shameful day that was, and I’m still flummoxed at how many politicians have fallen in line and made it seem like No Big Deal in the months since then.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

So sorry Milo is still ailing. Hopefully he'll get better soon, cases will go down and you can get his ears looked at. Here's to lots of color, painting, sewing and tasty meals in 2022.