Sunday, October 31, 2021

halloween questions

 

questions from Sunday Stealing Party (https://sundaystealing.blogspot.com/)

 1. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?

of course! we used to regularly use them at pajama parties growing up!

2. Favorite horror monster or villain?

I do NOT like horror shows... how about gomez addams

3. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?

Inadvertently I did... we stayed at an inn in Sonoma and the light came on in the middle of the night surprising both of us! We both thought the other one did it but the hostess told us next morning that it was their ghost.



4. Are you superstitious?


kind of, I have several hold overs like tossing salt over a shoulder, or not putting hats on chairs, etc

5. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision? 

now and then I think I hear someone call me... and suspect it's a spirit or angel

6. Ever made a potion of any sort?

chocolate martini count?

7. Do you get scared easily?

yes!


8. Have you ever played Bloody Mary? no


9. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?

I quite love graveyards... I find them historical gems. Ghosts would be at the places they died probably if they couldn't move on to Heaven. My fave graveyard is in MA

10. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?

I loved T or T ing for the variety of candy, and seeing everyone out but love a party even more, with costumes and games. My fave candy used to be sugar daddies caramel bars.



11. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep

I run from scary movies, mute ads for them, not interested in reading those books either

12. Favorite scary book? 

discovery of witches
13. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?

14. What was your first Halloween costume?

now who can remember being dressed up as a baby? I do remember begging for a store bought (cheaply made) princess costume with mask... and I had little girl elastic strap high heels to wear under it. 

dh and I used to dress up in matching costumes, put chairs outside and a table to hold our creepy goblets and bottle of spiced red wine. We'd give out candy to kids and little paper cups of wine to parents. 



15. If you could have a spooky Halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?

black cat for sure... I am allergic overall but love cats and have always had black dogs. I'd like to give an owl a chance but they need to live wild, bats kind of scare me. A wolf is cool, and I've known people who just love their pet rats but I'll stick with a black dog

how would you answer these???



 

8 comments:

Mari said...

When I was a teenager, I saw The Exorcist. I remain terrified, and can't even watch a commercial for that movie, or even see a printed ad. Obviously, no horror movies for me ever!

CountryDew said...

I stayed in a haunted house when I was young - my great aunt lived in one. I saw ghosts there, too, and then again when I was an adult. I saw a soldier one time in the courthouse during a supervisors' meeting, and I saw a meeting between Native Americans and trappers in a field one day - where there was supposed to be a housing subdivision (to answer your query on my blog).

Sara said...

The small town we used to live in held an annual adult Halloween costume party/dance. It was a fundraiser for summer youth programs, and was so much fun. Coming up with creative costumes every year was a blast and we even won prizes a couple of times. The bonus was it was a great distraction for me, as my dad died on Halloween - 31 years ago already.

Bev Sykes said...

I never realized you weren't supposed to put hats on chairs.

Lori said...

I love graveyards too. I think they are so peaceful. Loved your answers! Hope you had a very Happy Halloween!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

songbird's crazy world said...

Your dog is beautiful

Kathleen said...

Well, your potion is a winner in my book and your black dog! I had cats when young, but yes, we all have allergies. Which graveyard in MA is your favorite?

Ann said...

I hate scary things, too. Milo is a winner. Certainly a good luck charm.