Saturday, October 2, 2021

Sewing Saturday

 

Welcome to this week's sewing round up... The pic is of a block by Lilyella done with EPP onto paper templates. I am into fall colors now that our trees have begun to wear them...

EPP is done in sections onto paper, and this time I glue basted them

 then stitched them together with a whip stitch
into a kind of kaleidoscope block

Which I'm trying to decide how to set

I enjoyed this music this morning as I typed this...autumn morning bossa nova 


when I finished the block, all the seams meeting in such a pinpoint place center were difficult to tame. I sprayed them with water and pressed them going around like a pinwheel and the block laid flat

pattern souce

thank you to Jocelyn  https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/  for the pattern source & inspiration

Now for RSC, the color of the month to use in scraps is Light/lime green, or as I call it "neutral"

and I didn't realize that was the color until I had just an afternoon to make something... I showed all the sweaters a couple weeks ago in a post 

I want one like this!!! As a poodle lover, it's adorable to me

No I'm adorable mama!
I took this one out to start quilting this week... it has a lot of light green

and I found a diamond dotz kit to finally try... I had to organize first using one of my bead trays and digging out a light box

this really is so much fun... sparkly crystals that instantly stick in place, kind of like following cross stitch and paint by number had a baby and it sparkled!

and I painted a lot, that post HERE, for lots of pretty colors of the season and a tutorial

that's it for this week... and my next goal is to quilt the Kool Kaleidoscope that is ready to baste

Linking to

design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays

11 comments:

Ann said...

Looks like a fun week at your house, Lee Anna. I need to practice painting again.

Sara said...

That little lime green poodle sweater is beyond cute!! I haven’t played with lime green yet, but have worked on a couple of neutral colored projects.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous hand pieced block, LeeAnna, and cute Sweater blocks in the new Color of the Month for the RSC, too!!

Angela said...

Oh, I love the kaleidoscope block!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Lots of fun projects going on here. Good for you!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful projects! Love the colors!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Love the kaleidoscope block and the fabrics that you used. You have certainly been busy with some great projects. Super cute sweaters too.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

the poodle sweater is a great addition!

Preeti said...

Fall is pretty and looks like you are making the most of the inspiration. Have a great week.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Love the Poodle sweater block.
Have a great day!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

So many pretty things! Love the fall colors you're featuring. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.