1) I like my mantel... and feel like I have my own gallery exhibit of recent work to enjoy!
2)I like that I found a volunteer petunia in the planter holding one of my little bean plants
|I loved seeing actual fruit on the tomato plant this week!
3) It's been hot, nearly 100 F every day for a long time now, and smoky from 4 out of control wild fires in CO plus one blowing in from California. I can't be outside without getting side effects from the smoke but we went out to water the vege and DH found four little tiny tomatoes trying to grow!! Monika told me to flick/thump the plants to start the fruit. It worked on this one but the other one just cried, "stop hitting me! Isn't it enough I'm too hot, and can't drink enough ?" and the flowers just wither on the plant.The beans are kind of withering too, not ripe to pick but looking dried out.
4)we found english muffins this week at the store, so with butter and melted cheddar, and a side of turkey sausage, we had a good breakfast.
We also made spaghetti sauce with turkey sausage because that's what they had, and the next night we made lasagna with the left over sauce, ricotta cheese, spices, spinach, mozzarella and parm cheeses. Yum! We have enough for several more meals... win win. The sausage was spicy but on the lasagna tasted great!
|room for one... only...
for several nights there was only one, original, bird sleeping over... what happened to the others??
5) Chatted with several friends this week, what happiness!! zoomed with Joy! emailed with others, connections... it's a good thing.
6) I joined a lovely link party called T is for Tuesday, and am getting to know some really wonderful women through that! My post this week came out good, with some Doobie Brothers music too, I'd love you to see it HERE
7) I finished a couple books, and read another Ellie Alexander but it was quite short and our library doesn't have many of hers in Ebook form, sad.
8)I finished the first "book and scone society" book in the series (I had just listened to #2 out of order) and am waiting to hear the third book. For now I'm listening to Susan Wiggs story Oyster Sewing Society. I love listening to audio books in the studio.
I don't like the hunt for ones to hear, but have enjoyed most all of the ones so far.
9)TED talks... David Brooks on happiness
10)I love the pink ukelele dh found for me!! I haven't played it yet tho... I like that dh can take his guitar lessons on zoom... here he is in his office...
11) I found this series on youtube, called absolute history, story of building a castle and am watching #3. I plan to go back and watch all 5 in the series... fascinating account of historians building a castle with the same techniques as originally used. This episode is in how a castle would have been painted, decorated and used inside. Plus how the tiles were formed. We are used to seeing them as relics but they were plastered inside and painted bright colors, with tapestries on the walls!
12) On August 15 in 1843, the amusement park known as Tivoli Gardens opened in Copenhagen, Denmark. It's the second oldest amusement park in the world; the oldest is in nearby Klampenborg. Denmark's King Christian VIII agreed to grant the charter to the park's founder, Georg Carstensen, after Carstensen pointed out that "when the people are amusing themselves, they don't think about politics." He designed it mainly as a pleasure garden, with flowers, cafés, theaters, and bandstands set in a lovely park setting. Today, almost none of Carstensen's original park remains; in 1943, Nazi sympathizers bombed it, burning most of the buildings to the ground, but rebuilding started immediately and the park reopened just a few weeks later.
In 2009, Tivoli Gardens became the first amusement park to operate entirely on wind-generated power.
13) painting post tomorrow, here's a tease...
Sewing post on Saturday with lots to share... a tease....I LOVE elephants! Now I have two in studio!
Milo here, I like to chase things... like critters.... and I've seen some mighty large ones this week. There's a set of raccoons that hang out in front of our house at night... you outta see 'em! I don't start anything because I'm smart and they are just about as big as a big poodle!
I like to be outside in case there are bunnies or squirrels to chase too... but... it's been too hot. The smoke makes me sneeze and my ears hurt too... so I only chase bunnies on our nature hunts.
Mama: er, Milo? those are just walks for you to do business, not hunts
now sit! Stay! visit these people also keeping lists this week!