Friday, July 31, 2020

paint party Friday, looking down and looking up


On a nightly walk this week, we saw a flash, a shooting star, probably a meteor. It shown brightly for a few seconds, and was gone but it stopped us in our tracks! I painted the scene above to remember that moment, and wrote this poem...
                                                 a moment of brightness

Brightness for even a few seconds

                           Can change things

Plodding along as I do every night, more of the same, never seeing a way out

One foot in front of the other… the definition of survival

Continue…

You may feel empty and useless and hopeless and then

In a few seconds of brightness

It stops

You stop

And look up to live in that moment of light

Still looking up long after it’s gone, wanting more

The darkness returns but there was a moment

A moment of light

A moment of hope, of joy

Reluctantly I stop looking up, put one foot in front of the other and return to the way it is.

 

Except

I saw brightness, and will remember it and that moment

And I am changed

                                        (c)Lee Anna Paylor 2020

I liked how the background looked before I added the stars. I used a large flat brush, dipped it over two pans of colors and let the paper show through... nice effect!






I like the little dots of white posca paint, and dots of silver gel pen look!


I like the 6" piece in general!
This week I watched a video on painted rocks, (I linked to it and blogger saw fit to remove the link. They also made a big space in the posted video that does not show when I wrote the post. I do not enjoy the new blogger.)
the link, again, to the tutorial is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYCAZSt6Igo
(we'll see if it comes out THIS time)

they are adorable in person! Bright and graphic. I used a #8 round brush, running it over two colors in the KOI set, then brushing an oval of color. After that dried I went over it with black gel pen, white posca and silver gel pen. Wish my handwriting was better!

24 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
Great poem and painting combination for paint party Friday :)
An inspirational post for us all ! Thank you!
hugs,
Joanne

Barbara said...

A lovely post, LeeAnna! I agree, it’s extremely inspirational in visual and poetry. Just beautiful!

kathyinozarks said...

very pretty love the poem too Happy PPF Kathy

lissa said...

A moment of beauty and hope captured in a lovely art. I like the colorful background colors.

Have a lovely day.

Sara said...

Your colorful lady bugs would make a charming children's fabric! Maybe you should be designing fabric because you have some great ideas and techniques. Love your shooting star piece, although the poem makes me sad.

Christine said...

Lovely comet art and cute bugs!

Rain said...

Hi LeeAnna :) I love your shooting star/comet piece, it's so brilliant. Your words are wonderful to go along with it! And your lovely ladies are adorable! :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Pretty painting and poem with the shooting star, a memorable moment indeed. Love the ladybugs, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I’m glad you made that sky,star and poem. It’s so timely and hopeful. I. Think i might try the lady bugs-they’re too cute.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

FYI-the you tube link doesn’t work. Was that the tutorial for the lady bugs or did you just do those yourself?

Elkes Lebensglück said...

a so nice this painting and poem by the star and the sweet ladybug picture I like so much too!
Happy PPF, hugs Elke

Gillena Cox said...

Yes i can understand wanting more of that moment of light
Happy PPF thanks for all the beautiful art today

Much👩‍🎨love

PaintedThread said...

Pretty sky and stars. :-)

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Such beautiful colors. I'm always drawn to blues and purples.

Clare Lloyd said...

Lovely colours and ladybirds

sonja said...

mahalo for all the bright moments of paint and words this week

DVArtist said...

Great post Leeanna. I agree the new blogger is not fun at all. However, your lady bug art is. Love it. Enjoy your weekend.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Never thought of doing shooting star. The lady bugs looks fun.
PPF

MissPat said...

Thank you for the falling star image and the poem. May you have more moments of light soon to brighten your days.
Pat

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So lovely, LeeAnna.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super sweet new painting, LeeAnna (and a great way to catch a falling star!)

Linda Kunsman said...

pretty starry sky and a lovely poem. Happy PPF!

Kokopelli said...

Love the ladybugs, your star and the poem. Happy PPF!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful colours on the lady bugs and they are very adorable. The shooting star looks wonderfully magical. I do like the background you created.

-Soma