Saturday, July 25, 2020

sewing saturday blue log cabins

do you know what time it is???
Welcome to Saturday's sewing round-up for the week! I finished the painted lady, made with last week's scraps!
Metallic mylar threads, a mix of horizontal and vertical lines, free motion  sculpting...
Make it fit, make it work, add a bit, subtract a bit... then when it's all done add beads!
click on images to see close ups. Star sequins in hair,
twisted bugle beads along top an bottom of painted lady. She was painted with oil sticks a long time ago.
Everyone likes a floral necklace!

After she was finished I went right to this month's 12" square challenge quilt, and I'm doing a pink rose series based on one of my paintings.
time to quilt!
more on this piece later, but the applique, the piecing, the quilting is all done! After that was done, (and it came out very pretty!) I turned on a book

took out the little blue scraps, and white strips, and started on this month's color challenge of dark blue at RSC and started the improv log cabins.
they are not even remotely done, many layers left to piece in, but I wanted to have something to show the RSC people this week so I put the unfinished blocks up for a picture.

I painted this week, that was on Friday's post, and sewed a lot. I also almost finished my knitted socks out of bamboo yarn, doing that in the evenings while watching tv.

Thursday's "I LIke" post lists the other things I got up to this week. On Sundays I do the 20 questions post. I know some of you only come in for Milo, and he kept Mama company on my studio time this week.
Milo: I prefer sewing sessions I think, altho we sit outside to paint!

thought this was cute this week:
Make your own Retro Shabby Crafting Quotes using the Retro Shabby kit by Shabby Art Boutique
from Shabbyartboutique
LINKING TO
wendysquiltsandmore peacock party (quilts)
http://frombolttobeauty.blogspot.com/
off the wall Fridays 
http://busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com/
can I get a whoop whoop Fridays 
Midweek makers wednesdays
design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays
patchwork Sunday                    
oh Scrap Sundays 
 scrap happy Saturdays

24 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
Make it fit...make it work ! quotes I sew by :)
So much colour!
I was watching tula pink on youtube...her neutral thread is 2835....medium mint ! Have to love that!
hugs,
Joanne

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great projects! The painted lady is fun! I love your blue log cabins! Have a great day!

Barbara said...

I LOVE your painted lady project. It makes me want to get back to doing something with fabric. Where is the 12” square challenge?????

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful improv log cabin blocks in the works.

Sarah in NF CT said...

Love the quotes. Made me start the day with a smile.

Deb A said...

She is just beautiful! Love the quotes - so many are so true! Looks like the creative bug is busy in your studio. I love seeing what you are working on.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your painted lady piece is gorgeous! I love what you do with beads and metallic thread. A book and some log cabin blocks sound like the perfect combination! Love the cute quotes, too.

MissPat said...

You're really getting a lot done. Painted Lady is amazing. I would never have thought to frame her with those scrap blocks, but wow. The wonky log cabins are coming along.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing your painted lady quilt, LeeAnna! You made a good start on your Dark BLUE Wonky Log Cabin blocks.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love the old vintage patterns and the sayings on them. Wish those outfits were still in style! Love your other pieces too...the blue log cabin quilt blocks will be beautiful!

Sara said...

Painted Lady is especially awesome!! Love the blue log cabins too. I didn’t do well with blue this month. Too many other projects got my attention and they weren’t blue.

grammajudyb said...

Wow! Painted Lady is just wonderful! The embellishments are “to die for”!
I love the look of the improv log cabins, They are going to be super!

DVArtist said...

Wow Painted Lady and the blue quilt beautiful.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Oh boy...you had me at 'blue.' Lovely!

Rain said...

Hi LeeAnna :) I love your painted lady with her sequined hair!!! Milo is adorable! :)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What a wonderful week! I love all your painting, and piecing, and of course Milo. Fun quotes, too!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Very nice. The colors are beautiful!

Miaismine said...

Love that painted lady! Traditional meets modern! Thank you for taking close up photos so we could see all the beautiful detail work!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I really like that Painted Lady piece too. It is gorgeous. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your projects are wildly creative!! :)

Angie said...

LA - your work is lovely, and I liked how the light was splashing big ovals on your blue pieces! Hilarious (and spot on) crafting quotes! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Judy Hansen said...

Hi LeeAnna,
You are so creative-it always makes me smile when I see what you are doing. Thanks for the inspiration. I love the painted lady with her embellishments and quilt squares around her. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy

Angela said...

I love your lady with stars in her hair!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Leanne, your work brings me so much joy. I can't help but smile. But those crafting quotes - hysterical. Thanks for the smiles and the laughter.