Welcome to this week's list of likes
It is my 200th I Like post, which amazes me. I have to thank everyone who also writes a list, and those who read our lists and share in our lives.... the connection between us is real, and strong, and keeps us going.
on with the show...
1. I like my husband and my dog... I like them and I love them... they love me too. We all want to survive, and eventually thrive again. (as well as feel safe again... please God)
|pit suspended on toothpicks, and some bell pepper seeds|
3. I like the new to us BBC show "you me and them"
so clever and funny (on Acorn) a modern family with foibles, humor ensues
Reruns of Spy in the Wild is back on PBS animal robots film animal societies
starting soon on UP TV is one of our favorite shows, "800 Words"
4. I like having a DVR included with our cable system... my recordings are diverse...
5. I am listening to A bubble in the sun in studio. It's about the heyday of Florida's great real estate boom, how Miami got started. The annoying part is how the reader pronounces St. Augustine. Floridians say
AUG-ustine. The reader says aug-US-stine and it's driving me crazy!
Let's just say just about all the development I grew up with, West Palm Beach, Miami, involved some manipulative developers and this development led to current issues.
at night I'm reading the 2nd Jude Devereaux "Medlar mystery" and loving it!
6. I'm enthused about making an abstract ocean quilt for dh's office with improv log cabins.
My friend Cindy sent me instructions for making a beaded improve peyote stitch bracelet I'm anxious to try!
|a stack to be sewn!|
7. I like having two quilts that need the bindings sewn waiting for me by my chair. I loved this third quilt in the pink flower series...
|after a day it compressed into something that looked like lasagna|
8. We made the improv lasagna this week and it was wonderful
spaghetti sauce (ground turkey, onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomato sauce oregano and basil)
whole wheat bowtie pasta (because that's what we could find on grocery shelves)
ricotta, fresh parm swirls, and some cheddar (couldn't find mozarella at store)
Layer in a casserole, cooked pasta, bolognese sauce, spoons of ricotta, sprinkles of parm, some cheddar chunks. Repeat four times ending with sauce, parm and Italian panko breadcrumbs. Bake to melt cheeses.
9. animals who keep unusual pets
10. I like the blue bamboo yarn I'm using for the new socks. I like mindlessly knitting and seeing colors come up in variegated yarn. I had a lot of sock yarn stored up from sales back in MD and am using it to keep me off the streets.
visiting and meeting people
11. A fellow blogger/friend and I decided we needed to chat instead of email, so we did and found out how enjoyable that can be! She even figured out how to be a zoom host, so we had a long double zoom visit in our studios this week. You can meet her at https://thejoyfulquilter.blogspot.com/
|reisling reserve... one each! lol (just kidding, I drink both)|
12. We've resumed having a glass of wine at end of day sometimes on our patio. If neighbors aren't out having fires or too close to our fenceline. It's almost like the old days on our lovely MD porch which felt so safe and comfy. We chat about the day, about places to move, about our projects that day and just connect before dinner.
this is not a like, but I'm a human
Do you care about life? I do. Another 5000+ people died in America from covid19 last week.
In ONE WEEK.
And SO MANY people refuse to do the thing that helps: wear masks and keep distance.
For everyone's sake, for my sake, for Milo's sake put on a mask and keep back!
I love my country. I do not understand many of the citizens in it right now.
I also know that most people reading this right now, are doing all they can to help. Thank you.
|hmmm I think some of these are done|
A cool spikey squishy squeaky ball! A surprise center! A chewy middle!
Editors note: A gift in the bottom of the cracker jacks box! (remember those?)
Milo: Mama! this is my turn!
Mama: sorry baby, go on...
Milo: well who's smart now that I found a toy inside the toy? Huh? I'm right!
I also decided to check out the toy box... man it's gotten outta control,
|gotta know what you have before you let anything go bye bye|
Mama: sure thing hon! I'll get right on it! Anything else you need?
Milo: lets see... I had scrambled eggs for breakfast, two walks, chased off a bunny, barked at the street sweepers, and some walkers... just a little more to eat and a nap will do it! Thanks Mom!
Mama: I'll be here if you change your mind...
|Milo: I got balls y'all!|
Please visit these wonderful people and read their lists of likes too!
Please visit these people keeping their own I Like Lists this week
part of the group but might not be posting today: