1. I finished the middle book in Jude Deveraux's Medlar Series and it was wonderful. I didn't know who "dunnit" til the last sentence, and even then it was questionable. It was on E book and they just come and take them when your time is up, so I had to stay up til the wee hours to finish it. Then I wondered when the next book (A forgotten Murder) would be available.
The "like" part of this? It came in the same day the other one was taken! How often do things work out for me? Not often so this was astounding! I had been reading this latest one when they took it and gave it to one of the many people in line, so I went back and read the book before so the timing worked out well.
Now I just have to remember the story line in this latest one! And hurry up to read it before it's gone.
2. I checked out a couple audio books too, and only have a few days to hear them. I foolishly checked out Giver of Stars before I was finished with Child's Play on actual disc from library BC (before covid) so now I only have 3 days to listen to the whole thing.They don't allow simple renewal... it's a big production to check any thing out electronically now.
3. I've done some fun historical research on the tudors, following lead after lead... fascinated with the shenanigans of his sister Mary this time. This reads like a novel! https://englishhistory.net/
4. We spent quality time over the weekend looking at castles/manor homes to purchase in France
when's the last time you wore a teensy weensy bikini? Remember this song??
5. baby elephant videos of course. I watched another BBC British Museum show, and they're wonderful.
I also watched a documentary on Marilyn Monroe that was better than all the others I've seen, and made her very approachable. Also, a documentary on the Little Rascals and what became of the actors in those movies. Yes, I fell right down the rabbit hole of videos.
6. We are watching the latest season of The Crown and I love it. I learn so much and am entertained at the same time. The actors are terrific, I thought I'd mourn the loss of last season's actors but no.
not much on tv but that doesn't stop me from watching... I'm watching real housewives of Beverly Hills and NYC, 90 day fiance franchise, world of dance, some Acorn shows like Time Team and comedies, a few movies on netflix. PBS has quilting arts on tv that I can never find so I tasked the DVR with that job. 800 words is starting Friday night on UPTV
7. dh found a recipe using Thai curry coconut milk. We got two cans, used chicken and lots of fresh vegetables to make a stove top casserole over brown rice. Really good, and aside from all the prep on veg, pretty easy
We tried a couple wines, nothing spectacular... we really miss Goose Watch winery out of NY and can't find it here
dh was able to find sparkle water at Target for delivery, so we have raspberry seltzer again!
8. I zoomed with Joy (thejoyfulquilter) again last week and yesterday. It feels good to visit with a friend, sort of in person. I like our little emails daily to mention something we're doing, it feels very connected.
Today I plan to e-meet with my local artist- friend Rose, and compare notes on our recent work...
9. I found another ball of bamboo yarn in the blues, so I'm making a pair of socks for me this time
|close up of recent work|
11. one day I just had to interpret the field of morning glories I saw on our walk, and did one more abstract that turned into a landscape. I do a painting round up post on Fridays and would love you to visit! I have three for this week!
12. The bean stalks continue to grow at a snails pace. The wildflower seeds are sprouted and I hope on their way to making a lush basket.
13. In one weekend I managed to groom Milo, including the dreaded feet shaving. He fought me on it this time, and hurt my neck and back... grrrr... then he pops off the table happy as a clam, and I'm left with pain...
Next day I cut dh's hair. Now I've done a superlative job the last two times, but this time got the top too short... note to self... trim the sides next time and leave the top.
the like portion of this is that it's done for Milo for one month, and done for husband for two weeks.
Meanwhile, I trimmed the bottom of mine too, and it looks awful... the proportions changed and now I look like I'm wearing a helmet. The like bit? none.
|help! I'm in jail! I was framed!|
Yesterday, I woke up and had NO IDEA where either one of my pawrents was... I ran around the family room barking frantically til the Mama stuck her head over the catwalk and called to me.
Well, I ran up and was going to lecture her but I was just so stinkin' glad she was there I forgot, and just petted her for a long time. Why can't they tell a dog when they are going out of the room??
|after, I was so tired I took a nap!|
|Milo likes his outside toys arranged just so... in a line|
(editor's note: it was so busted up, it was basically just a shell of itself, so we kept walking)
Milo: I miss him! the services will be this weekend, no need to send flowers, just send treats to make me feel better.
Mama: Milo! don't beg!
Please visit these wonderful bloggers, to read their lists of Likes this week.
Let me know if you did a post, I'll include your link too!
member not posting today