Friday, October 4, 2019

watching paint dry... and Inktober




journal page

Welcome to Paint Party Friday. I was inspired by INKTober (drawing each day) and...
I was inspired this week by the colorful aspen trees in Fall.
In the journal sketch one morning, I liked the effect of putting a line around a drawing, letting the image go outside the box.
the whole page with different experiments
I liked learning to draw banners, so I put a pumpkin in one, and like the delicate barely there paint
trying an effect of writing with brush marker, then white gel over it. Writing morning thoughts, without judgement, just writing. Then drawing a border of sorts. I love my growing journal work.
this week I tried a different aspen on each calendar day, for Inktober

I wanted to try overlapped colors, then went on to do some details inside the center, painted the inside of the card and put my chop on the back.

I'm feeling critical of it, too messy but I like the sentiment







Finally I enjoyed a video of ceeceecreations, mesmerized by her music and process (link here) so I tried it.
I liked that she used a block, but she also went around the edge with tape. This allows you to paint off the edge to continue the line, but when the tape is off, the piece looks sharp and the image is engaged with the border.
this is my image after just swipes of paint. She encouraged us to paint shape, and repeat lines of color
the color is intense unlike this picture
It felt too stark to me, but I persevered. I added more color, mixing it, blending it. I felt it was looking kind of Van Gogh or Gaugin... not comparing my work, just saying in person it's intense and bold.
here it is with black marker, brown and green very very thin markers, and white gen pen
I may not totally love it, but I am proud of making it without fear of messing up. I liked each addition, using my big round brush, filling in repetitive lines with marker.
I am always learning
LINKING TO
https://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

you are super talented and I like your work... it like we see it with our minds eye and it brings the beauty of fall straight to our hearts ;O)

Christine said...

Beautiful fall inpspired art!

Maria Medeiros said...

Beautiful Leaves and textures. Nature is so lovely and I love being inspired. Your art is beautiful! It has inspired me! Lovely! Have a beautiful weekend. HAPPY PPF!

Sara said...

I really enjoyed seeing how your final piece evolved and the end result is beautiful.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art, I especially enjoyed the out-of-the-box line drawings and the overlapping colours. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

You're killin me with the photo of aspens! That's a cool exercise from CeeCee. I need to try that someday. Yours turned out great.

PaintedThread said...

Such pretty colors. I like the difference in adding ink to your watercolors.

Linda Kunsman said...

such beautiful works of art. I love the framed leaf with the bit of leaf extending it, and your painting with the taped border is just gorgeous!! Happy PPF!

Janice Holton said...

I love your "messy" flower.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

All you pictures are trés cool, LA. I like putting borders in, too. They contain as well as let the contents fall out whatever way they like. I tend to drawn and paint right to the edge of the paper, so it'll be interesting when I try the tape technique.

Molly the Airedale said...

You do such beautiful work and we love the Aspen trees! They are so vibrant and gorgeous!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Fantabulous ink! 🎨

Beth B said...

I enjoyed seeing the different stages of your work. It is inspiring to see how different processes add to the finished product.

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
just swipes of paint would look great on fabric!
hugs,
Joanne